Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2009, 02:23 PM

37,077 posts, read 42,043,953 times

Advertisements

There was a boy my daughter knew that also had a rocky home life, mom with a string of BF's who didn't really want to parent him, etc.. He started hanging around our house when he was 15 and saw the kind of home life he wanted so he did whatever he could to be here. He would stay with us from time to time but never moved in. Today he is 22 and still hanging around like a member of the family. He still lives with his mom and they get along better now that he is an adult. He has been working for years (and even got my son a job), has never been in trouble, just bought a car and is learning to drive, and will be moving into a house with some friends in the fall. He also signed up for his first college class. He is moving a bit slower than some but considering he was wandering mostly on his own as a teen I think he did pretty good for himself.

I offered him a lot of help, but I was in a good position to do it. I often wonder how he would have ended up if he hadn't found his way to us since many of my kids friends, kids with every opportunity, have ended up in all sorts of trouble. I would gladly do the same for any of my kids friends. But they can't live here and I don't want to be responsible for them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2012, 03:15 AM

7 posts, read 7,897 times
I sugest if you permit to tell you that that everybody in this question would go to one psycholog cause he can see the emotions on over this problems and advice too about your rights and her rights you to be more safe to help her or her son to find a way to solve all questions.I hope I could help you.

Old 09-28-2012, 06:23 PM

18,837 posts, read 37,252,442 times
Best bet, talk to the kids and tell them this may work, if you all have a meeting, together, at the same time with her Father. To discuss the issues. That way, no one has half or misinformation. And I bet the girl will have a story why that is impossible. That is when you end the entire drama.

Old 09-28-2012, 07:03 PM

2,272 posts, read 6,652,065 times
This thread is from 2009.

Old 09-28-2012, 10:07 PM

885 posts, read 1,876,916 times
haha i love it.

Old 09-28-2012, 10:27 PM

37,077 posts, read 42,043,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
There was a boy my daughter knew that also had a rocky home life, mom with a string of BF's who didn't really want to parent him, etc.. He started hanging around our house when he was 15 and saw the kind of home life he wanted so he did whatever he could to be here. He would stay with us from time to time but never moved in. Today he is 22 and still hanging around like a member of the family. He still lives with his mom and they get along better now that he is an adult. He has been working for years (and even got my son a job), has never been in trouble, just bought a car and is learning to drive, and will be moving into a house with some friends in the fall. He also signed up for his first college class. He is moving a bit slower than some but considering he was wandering mostly on his own as a teen I think he did pretty good for himself.

I offered him a lot of help, but I was in a good position to do it. I often wonder how he would have ended up if he hadn't found his way to us since many of my kids friends, kids with every opportunity, have ended up in all sorts of trouble. I would gladly do the same for any of my kids friends. But they can't live here and I don't want to be responsible for them.
Dang. What's really funny is this same guy, now 25, is currently living with me and renting my daughters old room. He's still working and has ramped up on the college classes but talk about eating my words!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting