Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2014, 09:23 AM

172 posts, read 179,837 times

Advertisements

Some kids are just like that. My niece has always been like that, she wants to be around her mom. She would much rather play with people/kids than toys by herself. My neighbor's grandson is the same way, he has a room full of toys that he never plays with. He just wants to be around his people.

My daughter will play by herself for the most part but she does have days when she is clingy and all over me. As a introvert, those days are exhausting for me and I get "touched out" very fast. However I know that she does it because she needs it from me, I just make a point to ask if she needs more hugs or give her sideline projects to whatever I am working on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2016, 11:43 AM

1 posts, read 664 times
I know this is an old post, but I'm having this issue with my 5 year old, not so much with my 2 year old but there are times they both have to be on top of me and begin fighting over sitting with me.if I go to get a drink he's there, bathroom has there, even when I'm in the shower he's there, when I take my daughter for a nap she's there, and if I move to the chair and tell him I need to sit by myself for a minute because I need a minute to myself, hell cry and yell at me that he does to and wants to sit with me. He was in preschool this year but its now summer vacation, he starts kindergarten in a few months, when he goes to his older brothers house (he's an adult) he's the same way with them , overly clingy and like a shadow, but he gets frustrated and angry when we ask for a few minutes to sit alone. I don't know what to do I feel bad upsetting him, but sometimes its just to Much, especially the 90° weather. And even more so when him and his sister are on me hitting each other because they both want to be the only one on me.

Old 06-14-2016, 02:55 PM

6,432 posts, read 7,720,006 times
Is it just you? Does she do this to your husband? Has she always done this or is it relatively new?

What about when other kids are around - like if she has a friend over for a playdate or if you take her to the park?

Have you tried creating distance yet? Like just telling her that mommy is going to do an adult activity for a while and you are going to do a kid's activity - then sit her down with something for a few minutes - prolong the time little by little until the annoying little nuisance is out of your hair.

Best of luck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting