Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2009, 11:50 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,324,340 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Well if that's what works for your family then AGAIN, good for you. Why must my choice be unacceptable and something you feel the need to "feel sorry" for? We are perfectly comfortable in our clothing.
I am not saying its unacceptable, I am saying I would not want to live your life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2009, 11:52 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,324,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flik_becky View Post
I just had one random thought, on the funny side...sand in the crack, lol. No thank you.
They have lounge chairs for everyone to sit on so no sand unless you prefer to sit in the sand.

Old 07-16-2009, 11:58 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,330,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
I am not saying its unacceptable, I am saying I would not want to live your life.
You clearly said you felt sorry for me and inferred that you "have more fun". How would you know how much fun I have and WTH does that have to do with sitting around naked? I am not asking you to live my life. In every post, I have said whatever works for your family is fine. You just seem to have trouble extending the same courtesy to those who don't share your feelings.

Last edited by maciesmom; 07-17-2009 at 12:07 AM..

Old 07-17-2009, 12:04 AM

1,382 posts, read 2,376,372 times
up to marrin' age (gals 13)

Old 07-17-2009, 12:18 AM

1,382 posts, read 2,376,372 times
Default comfort is sometimes bad to look at

Quote:
YES, I would feel the same way if I had a son.

Nudity does not equal sex no matter how much some would like it to be.

That said .................. naked Mom parts = ooougey.
No matter what. Period.

Now go put a shirt on!

Old 07-17-2009, 12:33 AM

1,122 posts, read 2,306,151 times
Quote:
They have lounge chairs for everyone to sit on so no sand unless you prefer to sit in the sand.
I sure hope, for the sake of your daughter's safety against STD's, parasites, and other deadly diseases, that they clean all those lounge chairs between uses. That would be one tricky conversation with your doctor.

Old 07-17-2009, 11:29 AM

11,642 posts, read 23,800,375 times
I read this thread and it really surprised me. Don't people grow up interacting with others in such a way that they understand the difference between being naked at home and being naked in public? Don't most kids just absorb social norms without being upset if the rules in their house are different?

My 15 year old son doesn't mind a quick "flash" in front of me if he puts his sweaty football clothes in the laundry but doesn't generally walk around naked. He hangs around the house in his underwear but if we tell him there is a visitor he puts clothes on without being told he has to do so. We really never had to teach him to do that, he just figured it out. Kids pay attention to social norms.

Most kids realize there is a big difference between being naked for a few seconds (from laundry room up the steps to his bathroom) and being naked all the time. I am sure the child in question will be able to figure out that being naked in his house is acceptable and going to school, or a playmate's house naked is not without to much trouble. Why do people really care what other people do in their own homes?

Old 07-17-2009, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma_bear View Post
I read this thread and it really surprised me. Don't people grow up interacting with others in such a way that they understand the difference between being naked at home and being naked in public? Don't most kids just absorb social norms without being upset if the rules in their house are different?

My 15 year old son doesn't mind a quick "flash" in front of me if he puts his sweaty football clothes in the laundry but doesn't generally walk around naked. He hangs around the house in his underwear but if we tell him there is a visitor he puts clothes on without being told he has to do so. We really never had to teach him to do that, he just figured it out. Kids pay attention to social norms.

Most kids realize there is a big difference between being naked for a few seconds (from laundry room up the steps to his bathroom) and being naked all the time. I am sure the child in question will be able to figure out that being naked in his house is acceptable and going to school, or a playmate's house naked is not without to much trouble. Why do people really care what other people do in their own homes?
Did you read the article though? There was a bit more to it. And hanging out in one's boxers or flashing while undressing is a whole 'nother ball game. I don't care what anyone does in their own homes but apparently, choosing to live life mostly clothed is what is being frowned upon and judged by some posters.

Old 07-17-2009, 11:41 AM

5,747 posts, read 12,008,849 times
On a somewhat uncomfortable note, I think I may know that Colorado family.

Old 07-17-2009, 11:46 AM

That would be awkward! - I have neighbors that are similar (I do admit I half expected to recognize the name -even though that's not our town)- kids run around naked in and out of the house with or without guests...just....."free and unencumbered"....they also don't believe in saying "no" to their kids either - even regarding safety issues. The word "no" is just sooo......negative, you know? They will learn things just by experiencing them.....And that is fine for them - not my parenting philosophy though and personally, I choose to not visit with them in their home. The parents are welcome in mine and once the kids decide to wear clothing and behave, they can visit too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting