U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2010, 08:29 PM

3,254 posts, read 3,593,673 times

Advertisements

Much in the same vein as this thread. I took my daughter to swim class this summer. There was some mother who kept bringing in her 8-9 yr old boy into the locker room where women and girls are changing from swimming. I felt this was inappropriate.

You can change your kid at home, you can change your kid in the car. If you are changing a smaller child and this child is with you, have them sit outside in the pool area where all the other parents are and then when you have finished with the younger child, tell the older boy to go around through the male locker room and meet you in the lobby. There are tons of employees checking kid in and out of classes, no one is going to walk off with the 8 yr old if you ask the counter person to watch them.

I felt this was a bit much. Naked girls and women all over the place. No doors, just a large area with benches and a couple of showers.

Any thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2010, 08:17 AM

4,343 posts, read 1,359,087 times
I take my son to the Y and like I said he is 7 and he still goes in the changing room with me. We usually pick and aisle that doesn't have anyone in it and change him quick before anyone else sees him. And we often went to the Y right after school for swim lessons, so changing at home wasn't an option and I am not making him change out of his clothes in the car. Our Y did have a adults only side for the women and the then a women and childrens side. If my husband is with us, he will take him in the mens side but otherwise I don't trust people. It's not just people running away with him, there are a lot of perverts out there.

Old 10-01-2013, 03:41 PM

29 posts, read 5,904 times
I always went to the women's toilet with my mother until I was about 7. After that, I would go to the men's and she would wait for me outside.

Old 10-01-2013, 03:56 PM

3,484 posts, read 1,394,136 times
I see little boys up to about 7 or 8 (but rarely, mostly just toddlers/preschoolers) in the women's changing rooms at the swimming pool, doesn't bother me, same with toilets although I see it less in toilets (maybe mum's are happier with their little boys going to the toilet in the men's alone than changing for swimming alone in the men's?)

Old 10-01-2013, 04:19 PM

965 posts, read 623,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the minx View Post
I don't mind young boys being taken into the womens' restroom. What I do mind is when mom doesn't keep them in check and I see their little eyes peeking through the crack or hands coming under my stall.
Same for dressing rooms.

Old 10-01-2013, 04:22 PM

2,259 posts, read 2,401,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberphonics View Post
Same for dressing rooms.
It's happened to me once! I was changing at a Banana Republic about five years ago and I looked down and some 7 or 8 year old boy is laying with his head under the door watching me. Yuck.

Old 10-02-2013, 04:41 AM

965 posts, read 623,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hml1976 View Post
It's happened to me once! I was changing at a Banana Republic about five years ago and I looked down and some 7 or 8 year old boy is laying with his head under the door watching me. Yuck.
You too? lol

Old 10-03-2013, 10:15 PM

8,098 posts, read 8,326,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hml1976 View Post
Lol

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 4
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting