U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2007, 05:28 AM

18,434 posts, read 28,520,978 times

Advertisements

OK, there is a very diverse area where my sister in law lives, and when we turn to the road to her house there is a store (Japenese) called Jung Ha. Granted my dd is 11, she did it anyway... LOL In the car I always yell JUNG HA to my dh while we are in the area...cracks us up, and no offence to anyone who may be asian, he has just never seen the sign so he has no idea what I am talking about. On Mothers day we were waiting for MIL to arrive at this restaurant so while waiting we go into this little Japenese store where everything in there is marked in Japenese. Cute little store. Then dd yells out,"JUNG HA!!!" I almost died. I told her not to do that and she says why Mommy, you do it all the time... LOL.. whats that color? Beet red?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2007, 05:53 PM

4,268 posts, read 13,712,106 times
I don't have any kids so this is my bro's story:

One morning he was making his son, Harry - age 3, a bowl of cereal. Mom, the usual cereal maker, was out that morning. Harry LOVES his cereal crunchy and will settle for nothing less. Daddy poured too much milk in the cereal and naturally, Harry did not enjoy eating his bowl of soggy cereal.

The next morning, same routine. Daddy asked, "Harry, do you want Daddy to make another bowl of cereal like yesterday?" Harry responded, "No thanks Daddy, you don't make it good."

Old 05-17-2007, 07:49 PM

279 posts, read 1,673,210 times
When my daughter was about 3 she had a cold and was using a humidifier at night. Well when I was trying to rinse it out in the sink (it was a large humidifier), my 2 year old son came by and asked me what that was. I didn't think he would understand how and why it worked so I just told him that it was for his sister's runny nose. After a long pause I thought he had just accepted my answer. But then he asked me "how are you going to fit that in her nose?"

Old 12-26-2007, 04:29 PM

1 posts, read 9,034 times
When my son was about 3 he told me that I was "The bestest Mommy in the world" and "I'm gonna marry you. I jus' need a marry dress like you have." He's my doll!

My niece was about 4 when the family had to take a road trip to Oregon for my Grandfathers funeral. After what seemed like driving forever and a day, we stopped at McDonalds for dinner. When we got back in the van my niece looked at me and asked "Where are we goin'?" I reminded her we were going to Pa's mommys house. She looks at me, then at my dad and says "No we are not! Pa said we are goin' NORTH!"

Old 12-29-2007, 09:56 PM

16,487 posts, read 20,332,656 times
When my daughter was 4 last summer we took her to the Bison Range in MT. One of the animals she saw roaming freely there were Pronghorn Antelope. About a week later I was making dinner and cutting fruit. My daughter asked what i was making and I said I was cutting up cantelope for dinner. In a horrified voice she said "we are eating antelope???"

Just yesterday I had just started food shopping, again with my daughter, now 5. Well all of a sudden she threw-up all over. So much for food shopping! I was on the way home and called my husband on the cell phone to tell him. After telling him he said, so what are we going to do about dinner. I said "after that incident I am not very hungry". From the back of the car you hear my daughter say loudly "after that incident I am not very hungry either!". Kids...

Old 04-01-2008, 01:49 PM

1 posts, read 8,897 times
Talking my neice

I love kids and the most recent thing that i could think of from my niece who is 2. I watch her a lot and when she comes over i play make up with her well her mom took her great grandmas and asked for make up so she put make up on and then she came out and said that she didn't like this make up it smells wierd and her mom said thats how all make up smells and my neice was like not Jennie's. all i have is regular make up but she loves mine i have many more but don't have time to write them

Old 04-01-2008, 02:23 PM

13,779 posts, read 23,208,064 times
These are great!

I have a few I'd like to share.

When my oldest child was 3 we ran into my mother in law and he asked "Why don't you like my mommy?" There was no response from her.

When another son was in an Episcopal preschool program we had to run the the grocery after school. I said " Please don't let me forget to get the cheese while we are here" and he replied " Cheesus Christ lives at the grocery store?".

My daughter had some nasty little girls in her preschool class who tormented the class the entire year. By April I had grown weary of hearing about these girls. My daughter was talking about them and finally I turned and looked down at her and I said " Caroline, mean girls don't get married and they are mean girls". She looked at me, cocked her head and said " But YOU got married, Mommy." I know I should not have said that about mean girls getting married...it was a weak moment.

There are several more, but I'll leave the rest for you all!!

Have fun!

Old 04-01-2008, 04:10 PM

12 posts, read 29,572 times
My daughter was 4 when I got pregnant with my second child. She wanted a sister so bad. Unfortunetly for her, it was a boy. So, right after he was born she came to the hospital to visit us. She walked in the room, crawled up on the bed next to me, looked at her brother, and said "Can we take him to the baby store now to get my sister?"

Old 04-02-2008, 12:20 PM

167 posts, read 425,279 times
My 6 year old has been watching Pepe La Pew cartoons. The skunk is French, and says Madame a lot. He went with me to the store last week. He ran to the front door, held it open for someone and loudly proclaimed "After you, my damn lady!" She was offended until I stopped crying/laughing long enough to explain that he honestly was practicing good manners. lol

Old 12-21-2008, 10:31 AM

1 posts, read 8,454 times
A kid was testing out a small ATV in front of a store. It had just rained and there was a puddle which he drove through splashing water all over. His dad told him not to but he did it again so his dad raised his voice “stop, people get wet” to which the kid responded; “Shut up or mom is going to tell you to sleep on couch again!”

This is from http://www.funnythingskidssay.net/]The Funny Things Kids Say
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting