Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2008, 10:59 AM

2,905 posts, read 7,349,962 times

Advertisements

While checking out at a store, my son told the cashier:

"You have such pretty yellow teeth"

I was like, omg! Thank God she appeared to not speak English well enough to have caught what he said.......

I remember telling my camp counselor once that her skin was so pretty because it was shiny.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2008, 11:18 AM

1 posts, read 10,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by handsaker88 View Post
My daughter was 4 when I got pregnant with my second child. She wanted a sister so bad. Unfortunetly for her, it was a boy. So, right after he was born she came to the hospital to visit us. She walked in the room, crawled up on the bed next to me, looked at her brother, and said "Can we take him to the baby store now to get my sister?"
When I went for the ultrasound to find out what my son was, we took our daughter. When the technician said that he was a boy, my daughter whispered to her daddy, "That's a load of barnacles." (she watches Spongebob) She wanted sister.

Old 12-23-2008, 12:30 PM

648 posts, read 1,641,632 times
A handful of 7 year old children were asked 'What they thought of beer'. Some interesting responses, but the last one is especially touching.

I think beer must be good. My dad says the more beer he drinks the prettier my mom gets.
--Tim, 7 years old

Beer makes my dad sleepy and we get to watch what we want on television when he is asleep, so beer is nice.
--Mellanie, 7 years old

'My Mom and Dad both like beer. My Mom gets funny when she drinks it and takes her top off at parties, but Dad doesn't think this is very funny.
--Grady, 7 years old

''My Mom and Dad talk funny when they drink beer and the more they drink the more they give kisses to each other, which is a good thing.
Toby, 7 years old

'My Dad gets funny on beer. He is funny. He also wets his pants sometimes, so he shouldn't have too much.
--Sarah, 7 years old

'My Dad loves beer. The more he drinks, the better he dances. One time he danced right into the pool.
--Lilly, 7 years old

I don't like beer very much. Every time Dad drinks it, he burns the sausages on the barbecue and they taste disgusting.'
--Ethan, 7 years old

I give Dad's beer to the dog and he goes to sleep.'

--Shirley, 7 years old

'My Mom drinks beer and she says silly things and picks on my father. Whenever she drinks beer she yells at Dad and tells him to go bury his bone down the street again, but that doesn't make any sense.'

***I thought this would add to the thread***

Last edited by Blue's Love; 12-23-2008 at 12:34 PM.. Reason: Had a bunch of strange letters that just showed up when i posted.

Old 07-18-2009, 05:27 PM

2 posts, read 77,297 times
Default Funny stories about kids

My cousins son and me are very close, he always hangs with me and he is only 5 but totally brilliant and funny.

Once when he was about 4, we were sitting in my truck waiting for his dad to load some furniture. Another cousin of ours was with us and he is a very sheltered and slightly spoiled 8 yr old. He asked a bunch of silly questions and made some rude comments. When he got out of the car the 4 yr old turned to me, cocked his head toward the door and pointed with his thumb saying "There's something wrong with that guy." I burst out laughing.

Last month when I was visiting this one happened. He has two aunts and one is very flakey and always in trouble. He started calling her, Aunt Dumb when he was 3. One day the other aunt was over and he kept talking about Aunt Dumb to which she asked, Does that make me Aunt Smart? Without missing a beat he smiled and said, "Not quiet"

When he gets in trouble or is lonely he will crawl up on ur lap, lay on your chest and tell you he loves you and I always thought it was very sweet. The last time I was visiting I noticed him crawl up onto the lap of my brothers new gf. He dug his face in her chest and told her he loved her and then stared down her shirt while smiling and like bouncing his eyebrows up and down as she inwittingly hugged him back. I looked over at his dad and he was just staring open mouthed. I don't let him do that anymore lol.

Last thing, I was spending the night once and sleeping on the couch when he came in the livingroom and asked me to sleep with him in his new big boy bed. I went in and was facing the wall and he kept poking me and asking me to turn around. Finally I did asking him why while half asleep and he said "Cause I love you and this way when I go to sleep, I'll open my eyes and you'll be the first thing I see." It doesn't get much sweeter then that. He also proceded to tell me "all the fun things we can do tomorrow, like play robots and cars and watch ben 10 and blow bubbles..." Very precious to me.

Old 07-18-2009, 05:33 PM

1,168 posts, read 2,503,838 times
When my Son was little he asked me "Are we going to the Forest of Doom Mum?" - he meant the "Forest of Dean" which we lived not far from at that time!!! Still call it the Forest of Doom now.

I once told my daugher and Son "You can have one thing from the shops" - my daughter came back with some chocolate, my son aged 3, staggered down the aisle carrying this huge HAM (!!) saying very seriously "I'll have this mum"......

Old 07-18-2009, 09:31 PM

6,066 posts, read 15,049,118 times
We were playing Clue the other night... my husband said he was going to be Col. Mustard, so my son blurts out - so mom you can be Mrs. Ketchup! He was referring to Miss Scarlet.

Old 07-18-2009, 09:56 PM

414 posts, read 1,862,843 times
My nieces visited the week before the 4th of July. I forgot how funny kids are.

My 4-year-old niece was coloring on the floor as her cupcakes were baking in the oven. She sticks her nose in the air, sniffs and says "It smells like cake in my nose!"

We were at the pool and her 11-year-old sister was playing with some older kids. the 4-year-old throws the rings in the pool and before she can jump in, the other kids got them call. She screams at them, "You cheaters, I'm supposed to win!"

My husband and I took both girls horseback riding. The 4-year-old says, "Why does it smell like poop in here? Don't those ponies know how to flush?"

We went to watch fireworks and the girls were running around trying to get me to chase them. 4-year old says, "bet you can't catch me! Mommy can't catch me and you have legs just like her!"

I asked them if they missed their baby brother and 4-year-old says, "no, he cries too much. nobody likes a crybaby."

Old 07-19-2009, 07:26 AM

2,856 posts, read 10,433,997 times
We were sitting in the house just playing with toys and my 5 year old son all of a sudden STOPS and starts sniffing his nose like he smells something and says..."Mom, it smells like goat food in here"

HUH?!?! Let's just say we DONT live on or near a farm or even have any pets for that matter.

Where do they come up with this stuff??

Old 07-19-2009, 07:32 AM

264 posts, read 819,607 times
my 3 year old son once told me when I was pregnant with his baby brother " i have a baby too....mine is in my leg"

Old 07-19-2009, 09:24 PM

160 posts, read 1,162,052 times
We drove by a house that was being built and was just being framed. My daughter commented, "ooohhh, I wouldn't want to live in a Naked House like that."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting