Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2009, 11:37 PM

2,179 posts, read 4,976,130 times

Advertisements

i went to the beach today and from a distance, i saw 2 girls that looked really attractive and from a distance, looked like they were in their 20s. anyway, my friend and i were walking the opposite direction and these girls had to be between 13 and 14. they were wearing really sexy bikinis (not really the cute appropriate kind) ones you would find women wearing in vegas in the pools sipping drinks lol.

is the norm for girls at 13 and 14 to wear very sexy bikinis now? i wasnt raised in a strict uptight household , but i dont think my parents would have let me do that in the 8th grade. i am 24 now and was just shocked by this. these were girls that still had girlish lean figures. maybe i am just not with the times now. all comments welcome.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2009, 07:51 AM
JS1

1,896 posts, read 6,754,851 times
Slutty style is "in" but what is much more important about your observation is that you're in Los Angeles... a place that is pretty much out to lunch in many respects, always has been, probably always will be.

Old 08-08-2009, 08:40 AM

751 posts, read 2,475,794 times
I think it is disgusting how parents let their young girls dress. This is what these girls see on TV and want to emulate.

My BFF has an 11 year old daughter. She has a horrible time taking her clothes shopping because the stores carry very few choices of appropriate clothing. And then her daughter has a fit because she can't dress like all the other girls in her class.

These girls are on there way to being pregnant at 15 or worse yet raped. Not that I am implying it's ok to rape someone based on what they are wearing.

I have two sons, and I will have to drill into their heads to card their girlfriends because not only do girls lie, now they look much older too. I don't need my kid up on charges because some parents let their daughters dress like whores and then get mad when they have sex. Treat your children like the kids that they are.

Old 08-08-2009, 08:45 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,374,009 times
Quote:
I have two sons, and I will have to drill into their heads to card their girlfriends because not only do girls lie, now they look much older too. I don't need my kid up on charges because some parents let their daughters dress like whores and then get mad when they have sex.
Or you could just teach them to have respect for girls/women and get to know them well before anything develops that could get them into trouble...just a thought.

Old 08-08-2009, 09:03 AM

They are taught to have respect for everyone including women.

And do you think that girls dont continue in their lies about their age to be with older boys? I know for a fact they do.

And that is irrelavent because they can have a wonderful trusting honest respectful relationship but when daddy gets mad her daughter is having sex with an older boy he is the one who presses charges regardless of a consensual realtionship.

And I also live in the real world where people have casual sex and one night stands. So its best to be informed of reality and not just someone idea of utopia.

Old 08-08-2009, 09:03 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,510,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingLA2010 View Post
i went to the beach today and from a distance, i saw 2 girls that looked really attractive and from a distance, looked like they were in their 20s. anyway, my friend and i were walking the opposite direction and these girls had to be between 13 and 14. they were wearing really sexy bikinis (not really the cute appropriate kind) ones you would find women wearing in vegas in the pools sipping drinks lol.

is the norm for girls at 13 and 14 to wear very sexy bikinis now? i wasnt raised in a strict uptight household , but i dont think my parents would have let me do that in the 8th grade. i am 24 now and was just shocked by this. these were girls that still had girlish lean figures. maybe i am just not with the times now. all comments welcome.

Some parents are idiots is all. The mothers of these girls most likely think it's cute that their daughters are trying to be sex objects.

It's not really the girls at all, because at 13 or 14, they don't have jobs to earn money, it's the brainless mothers that are buying the bimbo outfits for their bimbo daughters.

Not all parents are into the sexification of their children.

Old 08-08-2009, 09:06 AM

This idea of young girls dressing inappropriately has been around for quite some time...I had issues with it when my DD was young also. It can be difficult, time consuming and pricey to find and purchase clothing that is more appropriate yet still stylish but it is possible. Many parents just don't want to deal with it (or their daughter's whining about it). I actually am seeing it with boys lately also....young teen boys being allowed to dress like gang-bangers with their pants falling off...same thing. Not much you can do about how other people allow their children to dress (or behave), all you can do is have an active say in what you allow to go on in your own family.

Old 08-08-2009, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1phwalls View Post
They are taught to have respect for everyone including women.

And do you think that girls dont continue in their lies about their age to be with older boys? I know for a fact they do.

And that is irrelavent because they can have a wonderful trusting honest respectful relationship but when daddy gets mad her daughter is having sex with an older boy he is the one who presses charges regardless of a consensual realtionship.

And I also live in the real world where people have casual sex and one night stands. So its best to be informed of reality and not just someone idea of utopia.
My only point was that all bad behavior isn't by girls (-you seem to have a problem with girls). Boys and men lie also. And if one isn't willing (male or female) to deal with the possible consequences of "one night stands" then one shouldn't be having them.

Old 08-08-2009, 09:45 AM

I "have a problem with girls" because they are the topic of discussion. You seem to be oversensitive. If you want to talk about boys start another thread.

My friend spends hours at several different stores buying girl clothes that are more appropriate for her daughter to wear. It seriously takes her all weekend just to buy 7 outfits. That is rediculous. But when you are the odd man out, life is more difficult. I'm just glad she hasn't given in to this dressing like an adult thing due to her daughters protests. I don't even like the idea of dressing like that at 16. It's a shame that girls are taught they need to be looked at as sex objects instead of a human beings.

Old 08-08-2009, 10:06 AM

It is certainly possible that I misinterpreted and if I did I'm sorry. Basically, what I got from your post was "I need to protect my poor sons from all the lying, slutty girls". All I was trying to say - is there are "lying slutty" individuals of both genders. Picking up a girl at a bar for a one-night stand is slutty behavior no matter who you are. I have both a son and a daughter so see it from both sides. I don't tell my son to "be careful of all the lying conniving girls out there - card them before you have sex" any more than I teach my daughter "watch out for all the nasty men out there, they are only after one thing - they are awful"....I teach them to dress appropriately because how you present yourself is important throughout your life. Have respect for yourself and those whom you enter into a relationship with. Be choosy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting