U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2007, 08:34 AM
LML

7,109 posts, read 7,922,996 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundance View Post
Congrats! to you - you raised A MAN - not a mouse! I want my husband to be a man (he's only ten right now), but when he's grown, I want him to be a man, with all that that implies.......kudos.
Thank you for your kind words. The thing is, I always had in my mind that I wasn't "raising children." I was "raising people." I tried to keep in mind the traits they would need to be good, happy, successful ADULTS and did my best to foster those traits in them as they grew. I think the problem with much of society today is that many people HAVE "raised CHILDREN" and never saw those children as human beings seperate from themselves who would go on to have adult lives for which they needed to be prepared.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2007, 10:26 PM

13,468 posts, read 14,462,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by medi2727 View Post
okay. im not married, but i have a boyfriend for a year now...we talk about marriage a lot, but we plan to marry in 2 years or so...he is going to give me a ring, and we'll things are getting serious...i see him as my future husband, but im more than scared to think that if we marry he is still going to have him mom first than me. i asked him and he said she comes first! this made me so mad...the thing is that we went to puerto rico last summer with his fam. it was his sister and boyfriend, his mom and dad, and him and me. so, she became jealous bc we spent a lot of time together and she told me to share him, and that i only want him for myself, and one night his dad had a moment of anger bc people didnt let him sleep, and we'll when this happened she took the situation, and she confronted me and told me yell at me that she regrets inviting me to PR and that she regrets meeting me and that i ruinned her vacations. that all the problems the fam was having were bc of me. she still talks to him as if he was a little boy, and i think that she's jealous, and that now that he has someone she wants to be with him, and needs to spent time with him... well, why cant she spend time with husband, at the end of the day, it was a couples thing.
this traumatized me, and since the me and his fam are cool no more. i want him to realize that once he marries me, i have to be his priority bc im going to be his new family. And well, the problem now is that he wants me to fix things up with her, when she was the one whoo disrespected me infront of everyone. its important for him for me and MIL to get along, but how??? the lady is so jealous and overprotecting!!!! idk what to do!
And the thing is that his mom's mom, or his grandmother, told me after she insulted me, that if i plan to have a future with him, if we get married her advice is to get as farther away from them as posible, and to not let her get in between us......her own mother is saying this!!!! HELP!
If you stick around, accept the fact that you'll always be relegated to the back of the bus, so to speak, and miserable.

I hope he's worth it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting