Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2009, 07:54 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,596,323 times

Advertisements

GAINESVILLE, Fla., Aug. 16 (UPI) -- Police in Gainesville, Fla., say they have arrested a man who allegedly threw a slice of pizza at his daughter's head after hurling a racial slur at her.

The 38-year-old man used language containing racial and sexual expletives in telling the girl to switch off the music on a computer, police said.

Man threw pizza at daughter, faces felony - UPI.com

Old 08-16-2009, 08:01 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,212,237 times
Hmm.. let's try to come up with some funny ideas about what, exactly, he said as he hurled a slice of pizza at the girl. A racial slur and sexual expletives. Keep it clean. (tame expletives...) And what kind of pizza was it?

Old 08-17-2009, 07:24 AM

2,884 posts, read 5,932,095 times
Vowelless ******.

Sausage.

/this government is way too uptight. Pizza throwing and name-calling should never approach the realm of felony.

Old 08-17-2009, 07:46 AM

1,481 posts, read 3,947,231 times
oh nice... NOT!!
the kid called 911 on the dad.. sooo she is at least between the ages of 12 and 18 but most likely 13 0r so just the right age to listen to the rapcrap or gansta music that kids that age adore .. killacop smack yer b**ch stuff AND this is the age that the schools go to great lenghts to make sure the kids know thier "rights" sheesh .. hope they put her in foster care so her pizza throwing poppa cant tell her to shut off the thump thump music .. he will have such relief with the silence while she is gone ..

Old 08-17-2009, 10:52 AM

904 posts, read 2,873,747 times
What kind of parent throws things at their child? Seriously, I have been pretty mad at my teenagers but I have never yelled a racial, or any other, slur at them and I dang sure have never thrown an object, any object, at them. Sounds like a parental temper tantrum and daddy needs to put himself in time out.

Old 08-17-2009, 12:28 PM

1,481 posts, read 3,947,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VBmom View Post
What kind of parent throws things at their child? Seriously, I have been pretty mad at my teenagers but I have never yelled a racial, or any other, slur at them and I dang sure have never thrown an object, any object, at them. Sounds like a parental temper tantrum and daddy needs to put himself in time out.
and what kinda kid calls the cops and wants daddy busted for throwing a slice of pizza and telling her to shut off the gangsta/rap music ... ??

I blame the kid on this one she knows her rights just fine her responsibiilities tho .. no she needs a major time out .. go watch mtv and listen to some of the crap that thumping stuff will stop the most stouthearted parents sense of sanity..
What daddy shoulda done was pulled the plug and taken the disc and sent the kid to room BUT something tells me the kid was gonna call the cops no matter what dad did ..
my kids woulda watch me bust the music after one warning .. that music is unacceptable for the age group .. BUT we fail as parents when we dont stand up for our rights and we dont take responsibility by enforceing the NO word ..

Telling the kid to shut off that *F'n* ****er music didnt warrent a arrest .. and a slice of pizza isnt worthy an assult charge .. the kid just got away with a bad thing and now there will be no stopping her .. she got a huge power trip go light .. so what happens? eventually some judge will give her jail time for doing what she wanted to instead of obeying the life rules and taking responsibilty when she was a teen ..

Old 08-17-2009, 01:31 PM

1,691 posts, read 3,851,249 times
does this mean I can take my brother up on charges from when I was 10 or so and he threw an entire pizza at my head and made a direct hit! wow I find that almost fascinating in a very sick way since something like that happened to me several years ago but it tells you that things have changed. He didn't yell racial slurs but he did yell profanities. hummm..... that guys get a felony charge and my brother got grounded and had to clean up the kitchen. hummmmm.... interesting how times have changed.

Old 08-17-2009, 05:29 PM

904 posts, read 2,873,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faworki1947 View Post
and what kinda kid calls the cops and wants daddy busted for throwing a slice of pizza and telling her to shut off the gangsta/rap music ... ??

I blame the kid on this one she knows her rights just fine her responsibiilities tho .. no she needs a major time out .. go watch mtv and listen to some of the crap that thumping stuff will stop the most stouthearted parents sense of sanity..
What daddy shoulda done was pulled the plug and taken the disc and sent the kid to room BUT something tells me the kid was gonna call the cops no matter what dad did ..
my kids woulda watch me bust the music after one warning .. that music is unacceptable for the age group .. BUT we fail as parents when we dont stand up for our rights and we dont take responsibility by enforceing the NO word ..

Telling the kid to shut off that *F'n* ****er music didnt warrent a arrest .. and a slice of pizza isnt worthy an assult charge .. the kid just got away with a bad thing and now there will be no stopping her .. she got a huge power trip go light .. so what happens? eventually some judge will give her jail time for doing what she wanted to instead of obeying the life rules and taking responsibilty when she was a teen ..
I never said the child was in the right here. All I am saying is that adults should be adults. No adult should yell racial slurs at their child. No adult should throw things at their child. They are the parent. They have the right to set the rules and enforce punishment when necessary. That should not include throwing food. Throwing food puts the parent on the same immature level as a child.

Old 08-17-2012, 10:26 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,025,302 times
Arresting the father for throwing pizza at his daughter is lame. Kids today call 911 more then ever & that should be addressed. I guess the public servants in gainsville, florida have nothing else better to do. SAD!

Old 08-24-2012, 11:10 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,479,163 times
Pretty bad parenting. Not the crime of the century.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting