Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2009, 08:44 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,443,002 times

Advertisements

That's right......and rape victims "deserve" what they get (unless they are ugly as all get out) because they were attractive/dressed a certain way/being a certain place etc....If a burgler breaks into a person's house, it's their fault if it is determined later the "victim" has cheap windows...if someones car gets vandalized it is because it was outside and the perp couldn't restrain himself....Good grief....The adult man assaulted a 2 year old. He needs to get help. Until then, he needs to be not around people. If he refuses assistance/medication whatever - or is determined competent - he needs to be in jail...It doesn't matter if the child was annoying or not with regards to the physical assault on a child....Keep in mind this man was rational enough to tell the mom before hand "shut your kid up or I will" and to tell her afterwards "told you I would".....so regardless of any "medical condition", he is able to think and communicate in a rational manner.

Last edited by maciesmom; 09-06-2009 at 09:31 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2009, 05:56 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,424,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Very true. The parent is the one to blame here, not the child or the man who was provoked.

The child's mother should never have allowed her child to scream and scream in a public place, the child may have been over-tired, the mother very likely put the baby through hell dragging her for hours through stores, too selfish to stop her shopping and let the baby have some quiet relaxing time, a nap.

The mother was very selfish, very self-centered, didn't care that the baby was already miserable in the store and making everyone else very miserable. She's the one to blame.
You are so full of it. When you have kids and grocery shopping WITH a child in tow then you will understand the realities of what you are saying.

Old 09-06-2009, 06:05 PM

2,540 posts, read 6,228,161 times
Quote:
Very true. The parent is the one to blame here, not the child or the man who was provoked.

The child's mother should never have allowed her child to scream and scream in a public place, the child may have been over-tired, the mother very likely put the baby through hell dragging her for hours through stores, too selfish to stop her shopping and let the baby have some quiet relaxing time, a nap.

The mother was very selfish, very self-centered, didn't care that the baby was already miserable in the store and making everyone else very miserable. She's the one to blame.
I disagree! The blame goes to this man. The mother never came forward to say why she chose to remain in the store. Her child might have been sick and she was waiting on a prescription. She might have been like so many others who just don't care about those around them. Regardless of these inconsiderate parents, people can't just start haluling off and hitting their children. This man warned her and could have walked away. He made the decision to slap the little girl. He is the one at fault.

Old 09-06-2009, 06:08 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,424,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahskye View Post
I disagree! The blame goes to this man. The mother never came forward to say why she chose to remain in the store. Her child might have been sick and she was waiting on a prescription. She might have been like so many others who just don't care about those around them. Regardless of these inconsiderate parents, people can't just start haluling off and hitting their children. This man warned her and could have walked away. He made the decision to slap the little girl. He is the one at fault.
Do you have any idea what I would do ANYONE warning me in a grocery store?? It wouldn't have even gotten to this point with me, I would have been yelling for a supervisor that some old SOB was harassing me. AND I can tell you for sure once his hand had made contact with my child, I would have grabbed something and started beating on him...but thats just me.

Old 09-06-2009, 07:37 PM

11,326 posts, read 20,320,206 times
How do you smack someone else's child, especially a 2 year old. He should have walked away, you never know, what if the mother had a loaded gun in her pocket book and decided to let off a few rounds at him.

If I was the mother I would've beaten the crap out of that man, I'm glad he was denied bond.

Old 09-06-2009, 08:59 PM

2,540 posts, read 6,228,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
Do you have any idea what I would do ANYONE warning me in a grocery store?? It wouldn't have even gotten to this point with me, I would have been yelling for a supervisor that some old SOB was harassing me. AND I can tell you for sure once his hand had made contact with my child, I would have grabbed something and started beating on him...but thats just me.
I wasn't justifying his actions. The warning would have sent up red flags for me. I already said this in the other thread. The warning would have caused me to immediately report this creep.

Old 09-06-2009, 09:25 PM

11,326 posts, read 20,320,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahskye View Post
I wasn't justifying his actions. The warning would have sent up red flags for me. I already said this in the other thread. The warning would have caused me to immediately report this creep.
Exactly, she should have reported him to the authorities or took matters into her own hands from the moment he opened his mouth.

Old 09-06-2009, 09:34 PM

2,743 posts, read 14,290,762 times
Quote:

You cannot possibly be serious....

The man was "provoked" so it's okay??? Jeeezus. I hate to see what you think it is okay for a "provoked parent" to do then, if you are excusing a provoked STRANGER!

Good lord. You don't have kids do you? Or if you do, I take it you have NEVER had to shop with them with no other option to stay home or leave them home...

I will say one thing; it never would have gotten to that point with me. Once the guy "warned" me, as it has been put, first I would have notified security, and second, I would sure as heck not allow him ANYWHERE near my child. My child would be in-arms at that point, and if he dared to come close enough to do something he would have certainly regretted that move.

Old 09-06-2009, 09:35 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,668,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
You are so full of it. When you have kids and grocery shopping WITH a child in tow then you will understand the realities of what you are saying.

I have kids but my kids don't and never carried on in public. I didn't take tired or sick kids out who would scream their heads off, and my kids don't and didn't scream their heads off in public or at home.

It's stupid to take children out shopping when they aren't ready to handle being out. That's why I blame the mother. She was putting both her child through hell letting her scream away and not doing anything about the distress the child was feeling, and imposing her out-of-control child on the public. A screaming 2 year old is mostly very tired, hungry, or overwhelmed. Only an idiot would force a child to become that upset and not remove the child from the situation.

A 2 year old isn't to blame, it's the parent(s) that are to blame, parents that haven't the sense to keep their children home when they aren't feeling well, or don't realize that a 2 year old can't handle shopping for hours and hours. If you raise them right, they don't scream their heads off. And take a look around - there are plenty of well-behaved kids out in public.

Old 09-06-2009, 09:39 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,443,002 times
Or...the child could have been well behaved the entire trip and, while in line and the mom was busy paying, got her finger pinched in the cart.....what then? Seriously, the child may also have been a whiney brat...it doesn't matter when it comes to being slapped by a stranger. He could be annoyed all he wanted to, and even could have said "ma'am, could you please deal with your child". Assault is crossing the line. Regardless of the circumstances.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting