Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2009, 02:56 PM

5,644 posts, read 13,228,525 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by miasmommy View Post
Funny how you speak of things when you have absolutely NO firsthand knowledge.

The things he sells never harmed anyone. They only helped. I know people who have an continue to take a few of those stated in your link.

This proves nothing. The FDA strangles anyone who doesn't fall into the "sell our crap" catagory.

You proved nothing.
If having first hand knowledge is required to post than I guess you are done posting on this forum....

Mercola is a quack......common knowledge....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2009, 03:11 PM

3,842 posts, read 10,512,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahskye View Post
So please realize that if you or your child receive a swine flu vaccine, you will be acting as a TEST subject.

No way is my family getting any vaccinations!
Well, no, my child is not receiving the swine flu vaccine b/c there is no such thing.

Might want to educate yourself on the difference b/w swine flu & H1N1A before you do anything.

The term "swine flu" is used by mass media & internet b/c it grabs attention & infers fear. Other than that, it has absolutely no medical significance to the vaccine & 09 strain.

Old 09-17-2009, 03:19 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,171,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miasmommy View Post
Funny how you speak of things when you have absolutely NO firsthand knowledge.

The things he sells never harmed anyone. They only helped. I know people who have an continue to take a few of those stated in your link.

This proves nothing. The FDA strangles anyone who doesn't fall into the "sell our crap" catagory.

You proved nothing.
The FDA TESTS foods and drugs to determine if they are safe. Isn't lack of testing one of the reasons you are not having the flu vaccine? The FDA doesn't sell anything. It isn't logical to call something FDA tested "crap" and rave about something that has not been proven to work or to be safe. Again, the FDA doesn't SELL anything. Of course they would recommend against taking some thing that they haven't TESTED.

Old 09-17-2009, 03:20 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,171,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 121804 View Post
Well, no, my child is not receiving the swine flu vaccine b/c there is no such thing.

Might want to educate yourself on the difference b/w swine flu & H1N1A before you do anything.

The term "swine flu" is used by mass media & internet b/c it grabs attention & infers fear. Other than that, it has absolutely no medical significance to the vaccine & 09 strain.
"swine flu" was used by the media before they named it "H1N1" They are the same thing. The media just incorrectly continues to call it "swine flu", but they are talking about the same thing.

Old 09-17-2009, 04:29 PM

2,540 posts, read 6,230,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 121804 View Post

People are familiar w/ the term "swine flu" and that's why I used that word. You might want to educate yourself. It's not H1N1A, it's AH1N1!

AH1N1 Virus | Swine Flu | Influenza AH1N1 | AH1N1 Pandemic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
"swine flu" was used by the media before they named it "H1N1" They are the same thing. The media just incorrectly continues to call it "swine flu", but they are talking about the same thing.
Thank you for explaining to 12180.

Old 09-17-2009, 04:37 PM

3,106 posts, read 9,124,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin_ie View Post
First of all, let me say I hope this stays a civil exchange of information, I know the issue of vaccinations and especially swine flu shots can be one where emotions run high. I am posting this here rather than in the Health forum on purpose, as I specifically want the input of parents of younger kids (toddlers/ pre-schoolers), both of the impact of flu shots and the impact of flu on the family.

I was wondering whether you will be giving your kids (especially younger toddlers) the flu vaccine and/ or the swine flu vaccine when that comes out? I can't make up my mind; we have 19 months old twins and I am pregnant again. We have done all the childhood vaccines, but with the flu shot, I am just not sure because I had the flu once and it was annoying, but not that bad. I am not sure I want two toddlers with a bad case of the flu at the same time though! Plus they go to playschool two mornings a week, and some other toddler activities (library story time etc), so the chances of them getting it is probably quite high.
Yes...we are getting both shots as soon as they come in. Our pediatrician's office was out of both infant & Ah1n1 flu shots.

Old 09-17-2009, 05:16 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,383,485 times
Quote:
The FDA TESTS foods and drugs to determine if they are safe. Isn't lack of testing one of the reasons you are not having the flu vaccine? The FDA doesn't sell anything. It isn't logical to call something FDA tested "crap" and rave about something that has not been proven to work or to be safe. Again, the FDA doesn't SELL anything. Of course they would recommend against taking some thing that they haven't TESTED.
In this day and age somebody still believes FDA works for the "greater good" Ugh.

Old 09-17-2009, 05:19 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,383,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
If having first hand knowledge is required to post than I guess you are done posting on this forum....

Mercola is a quack......common knowledge....
Yeah, Mercola uses a lot of scare tactics, but he is far from a quack, that's for sure. There is a reason why mainstream medical community doesn't like him. The truth hurts.

Old 09-17-2009, 05:29 PM

1,507 posts, read 3,133,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DressageGirl View Post
How long was he sick for? did he get the shot at the doctor's office?

Many people mistakenly believe that the flu shot can give you the flu. That is not true but it can, which many people don't realize is give you a low grade fever for a day or so which of course makes you feel crappy. That being said, I would rather risk getting a low grade fever from the vaccination that only lasts a day than risk getting the flu which can last for a week or more and trust me, makes you feel a whole lot crappier!!

I personally think what happens is you get exposed to all kinds of viruses and germs going to the doctor's office. I'd love to see some real studies on that. I prefer to pay a little extra and get my shot at the grocery store or local pharmacy (CVS, Walgreen's, etc.).
when one gets really sick from the shot,it could be an allergic response to the serum itself thus making it especially necessary to avoid further vaccinations

Old 09-17-2009, 06:05 PM

3,842 posts, read 10,512,087 times
Quote:
swine flu is pig to human

h1n1 is human to human

there is no vaccine being formulated at this time for swine flu for the swine flu is not the pandemic...it's the human to human strain, h1n1, that is...

it was initially passed from pig to human, but then became able to pass to human to human

the strain that is the concern is the human to human strain, not the pig strain

no, it's not the same thing.

and to continue to call it swine flu, by the media, is incorrect. it's not the right medical term let alone just being used b/c it's easier to say & that is how many refer to it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting