Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2009, 12:34 PM

4,264 posts, read 9,275,556 times

Advertisements

Let me clarify I wasn't embarrassed I was annoyed, you can't take 5 minutes out of your day to walk to the restroom and change your childs dirty diaper or at least take the child out of full view of the public, there were other places they could have taken care of this or at least shielded the child from others view. In todays world I would be really hesitant to expose my child to whomever happened to be out there. I am amazed that so many of you think it is okay and natural.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2009, 12:41 PM

4,469 posts, read 7,191,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajzjmsmom View Post
This weekend we went to the zoo in D.C. outside one of the enclosed exhibits, as we turn the corner there is a woman and man with a little boy that looks like maybe he is either a big 2 yr old or a 3 yr old. The kid is naked from the waist down and the mother is wiping him off. Why couldn't they have walked to the nearest restroom and done that? Are people really that clueless?
I'll take "yes, they really are" for $1000, Mr. Trebek.

Old 09-21-2009, 12:43 PM

4,469 posts, read 7,191,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Some women do not like little boys in the ladies' room, and the mom obviously couldn't go in the men's. Maybe the bathroom was gross. I think most of the comments from the breastfeeding threads probably apply. Just look away. It's perfectly natural. Big whoop.
So are childbirth and consensual sex, but I don't want to see that in the flatbed of the family F150 at the mall, either.

Old 09-21-2009, 12:52 PM

36,499 posts, read 30,827,524 times
Quote:
Yeah I'm thinking, so what? The 8yr old being made to stand in the aisle and try on clothes was ridiculous, I'm sure he was mortified, but a 2 or 3 yr old? ahh big deal.
LOL. Brings back memories of mom making me "try on" training bras over my shirt in the middle of the store.

Old 09-21-2009, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
LOL. Brings back memories of mom making me "try on" training bras over my shirt in the middle of the store.

At least she let you keep your shirt on.

Old 09-21-2009, 01:01 PM

6,446 posts, read 9,803,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aconite View Post
So are childbirth and consensual sex, but I don't want to see that in the flatbed of the family F150 at the mall, either.
Not the childbirth no, but maybe on the conception haha

Old 09-21-2009, 01:02 PM

282 posts, read 525,979 times
Quote:
I don't really think that even comes a little bit close to changing a 2 year olds diaper.....even when you take a child to the bathroom to change him or her the changing table is usually out in the open for everyone to see anyway and it's not hard to just look away. Now the adult man I saw yesterday peeing on the corner of a freeway exit...now that is gross!

Old 09-21-2009, 01:05 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,682,985 times
Quote:
Heh, that's what some people say about seeing some strange woman's big sweaty boob stuffed into her kid's mouth, and they are called perverts and prudes.

I wouldn't breastfeed in public or take my kid's clothes off, but it really isn't that big a deal to me. Sure, some people might be brazen about it, but I think for the most part, moms are just doing the best they can.

Old 09-21-2009, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2redheads View Post
I don't really think that even comes a little bit close to changing a 2 year olds diaper.....even when you take a child to the bathroom to change him or her the changing table is usually out in the open for everyone to see anyway and it's not hard to just look away. Now the adult man I saw yesterday peeing on the corner of a freeway exit...now that is gross!
You are correct the changing table is there for all to see but you actually kind of expect someone to be changing a diaper. And for what it's worth noone stood there and stared but kinda hard not to notice when you walk around a corner and the first thing you see is a kid standing there butt naked while his mom wipes his butt and legs off, with the pull-ups sitting there for all to see. I am just saying if she didn't want to go to the bathroom at least go to a more secluded place as opposed to where people were trying to walk. So if that makes me uptight or a prude so be it.

Old 09-21-2009, 01:10 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,682,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2redheads View Post
I never ever used those changing tables unless I had no choice and then I wiped it down and put a receiving blanket over it. Lord knows what is all over those things, and when you're trying to clean up the baby, he is grabbing at the straps or the sides. EW.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting