U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2009, 05:39 PM

973 posts, read 1,090,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 121804 View Post
Some of you are actually believing this post?

As if an 8yr old child could walk the halls of school with pigtails & ribbons and no one would say a thing until the "concerned parent" saw it at the end of the day & found that CD was the place to get it explained....

Yeah, call the local news channel. Good lord.

Sounds like some 12yr old was bored at home & wrote a post....not the first time...

I thought I was the only one that thought this sounded make up.

OP only has this as their 1 Post.

OP has not come back.

Even if this did happen why would the 8 year old not pull it out as soon as they left the class just due to sheer embarrassment of walking down the hall with a girls hair style?

I think this is just a post to get people riled up about "the left wing educational agenda"

Old 10-01-2009, 05:55 PM

11,996 posts, read 11,981,076 times
I didn't even look at the post count.
Jokers and trolls are hit and run posters.

Old 10-01-2009, 06:27 PM

691 posts, read 1,329,078 times
Hideous. Go talk to the principal.

Old 10-01-2009, 06:44 PM

1,592 posts, read 1,900,930 times
I would take it up with the national media. This needs to be exposed for what it is.

Old 10-01-2009, 06:45 PM

16,939 posts, read 11,790,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gottasay View Post
I would take it up with the national media. This needs to be exposed for what it is.
I agree - trolls need to be exposed for what they are.....

Old 10-01-2009, 07:00 PM

1,382 posts, read 1,963,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAChic View Post
I arrived at the school this afternoon to find my 8 year old son with his hair in two ribboned pigtails. I asked him who had done that to him and he told me that his teacher had. My first reaction was that this had to be some weird punishment which got me mad enough but after taking the ribbons out of his hair I walked him back into the school to find the teacher and ask her what was going on. She calmly told me that this was all about gender awareness. They had done a class today on hair which involved discussing what the differences are between boys and girls hairstyles, hairlength, importance of hair etc. She had picked a girl and my son to use as examples because they both had similar length hair overall, albeit in different styles and she had wanted to illustrate differences and get the class to decide what made hair feminine/girlish vs masculine/boyish. This ended up with my son being given pigtails after lunch and the girl... well nothing really... a brushed off her face look held down with a little bit of hair creme. The teacher showed me a book that she had taken the lesson plan from which didn't exactly say put a boys hair in pigtails but did propose using two children as models to demonstrate differences. She said that if I wanted to complain further I would have to take it up with the principal, but she said that there was a whole set of classes based around this book coming down from the school district and that other topics would include things like clothing, reading material such as magazines, tv shows, jobs and so on.

I suppose she placated me a bit, but shouldn't the schools be getting permission to do things like this before just going ahead and using our kids for this kind of thing?
Isn't it interesting what public school "teachers" are doing behind parent's backs? They always couch their little social experiments in jargon as how it is necessary for the greater good! When are they just going to teach reading, writing and math?????

Please run screaming from this "school "!!! I know it is difficult but perhaps home schooling or a good private school is the way to protect your son. IMHO.

Old 10-01-2009, 07:05 PM

973 posts, read 1,090,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Trails View Post
Isn't it interesting what public school "teachers" are doing behind parent's backs? They always couch their little social experiments in jargon as how it is necessary for the greater good! When are they just going to teach reading, writing and math?????

Please run screaming from this "school "!!! I know it is difficult but perhaps home schooling or a good private school is the way to protect your son. IMHO.

Don't feed the troll.

The OP is making this up to get people in an up roar over nothing

Old 10-01-2009, 07:08 PM

2,544 posts, read 2,048,875 times
In honor of the troll I dressed my son in a miniskirt and maryjanes for school today. He said some of the boys teased, but he beat up one of them and all the girls wanted to kiss him. His teacher called me to ask what was going on and I told her it was my own little gender awareness education program, and she needed to give him all A's for the day or I would sue for discrimination. I'm planning to get him into Harvard this way.

Old 10-01-2009, 07:10 PM

2,081 posts, read 2,636,816 times
Here in New England, boys wearing pigtails is all the rage...newest fad! The boys think its the coolest!!!

Old 10-01-2009, 08:26 PM

3,191 posts, read 5,516,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
Time for our school to get back to the basics and once our kids master that, then we can talk about other topics.
you got that right!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting