U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2007, 09:24 PM

1 posts, read 3,270 times

Advertisements

My name is John Smith and I am seventeen and have seen these problems and now are changing my wholelifestyle to try to accomplish this. The only problem im having is trying to keep myself composed while trying to be nice to everyone. School, although i know why i need it, has been very hard for me because I do not see the need for staying in it. I have been trying to make everyone happy and in almost every class has seen me seize up and stop talking because i know i have to stay in the class. This is the truth and if you went to my school Plano West you could find out. I know the problem that is behind it and if i get some feedback i would feel fine about disclossing the problem with you if you are interested or if you already know. My directtv in the upper right box i think may give me some kind of idea what to watch which I think is very smart. Please help me because I dont know whats real and whats fake. As of right now im not going to say anything to my friends because I dont know if they will get this so please respond.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2007, 10:40 PM

313 posts, read 1,569,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Tafacory View Post
My name is John Smith and I am seventeen and have seen these problems and now are changing my wholelifestyle to try to accomplish this. The only problem im having is trying to keep myself composed while trying to be nice to everyone. School, although i know why i need it, has been very hard for me because I do not see the need for staying in it. I have been trying to make everyone happy and in almost every class has seen me seize up and stop talking because i know i have to stay in the class. This is the truth and if you went to my school Plano West you could find out. I know the problem that is behind it and if i get some feedback i would feel fine about disclossing the problem with you if you are interested or if you already know. My directtv in the upper right box i think may give me some kind of idea what to watch which I think is very smart. Please help me because I dont know whats real and whats fake. As of right now im not going to say anything to my friends because I dont know if they will get this so please respond.
tell us more, we are here to help.

explain what excatly is going on? what is bothering you?

Old 05-07-2007, 08:37 AM

15,533 posts, read 35,646,549 times
Yes, please tell us. I think a lot of us have been 17 so we can probably help.

Old 05-07-2007, 08:52 AM

2,072 posts, read 10,868,678 times
There's great people on this site ........ and we are here to help and listen. John Smith is your name?? I don't think so. Be honest with us !!!!!!!

Old 05-07-2007, 09:24 AM

17,158 posts, read 22,167,733 times
john smith,,,i wish i had an original name like that

Old 05-07-2007, 10:12 AM

15,533 posts, read 35,646,549 times
Michael, you might want to re-think that John Smith thing. LOL

BTW, my name is Jane Doe. Nice to meet you.

Old 05-07-2007, 12:01 PM

9 posts, read 32,509 times
You have conflicting beliefs you need to resolve. You can't see why school is needed whle not being able to see why you need to stay in it. School is a progressive system of knowledge/skill accumulation and recognition of said attributes. By not staying in it, you only earn up to what you have accomplished. Depending upon your desires for the future it may or may not be enough to get into what you require at the desired level.

Seizing up and stopping talking is generally bad, oral interaction is a strong part in many classes. If you mean you feel like shoutng or cursing or telling people off, rather than suppress as if you were justified and simply oppressed by the system, it's better to look at the root of displeasure and see if it's truly proved to be warranted, if perhaps it may be more emotional.

Usually there are ways to express yourself in a civilized fashion to resolve discourse, and doing this rather than seizing up is a life skill in and of itself, as well as making your routines more tolerable.

Old 08-23-2008, 06:55 PM

1 posts, read 2,850 times
Hey John - doesn't matter what your name is - any one who cares is a di..k sh.t. K - school - that's ur ticket 4 makin money in the future. Stupid but that's life. U don't have to please everone - just get the credits and get T F out. Ur the most important person there so f.ck evryone else. Do it and go!

Old 08-25-2008, 09:59 PM

1,670 posts, read 5,695,159 times
Michael, you are like all teens. You think you are the only one experiencing pain and problems, but more than half your class is going through the same thing. My suggestion, is to reach out to a school counselor or have mom make an appointment with someone you could discuss your feelings. I have a 16 year old with similar problems and last year was very horrible for me. I got her plenty of help and have seen major changes in her attitudes and self-esteem. Because you wrote, I know that you want help with your situation, please seek it out. You are a value young man--please know and understand your worth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or