U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2007, 11:12 AM

1,182 posts, read 1,302,989 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiffela74 View Post
chaos- wow, the girl who used to backup babysit for us named their little girl Katara! they said it more Kuh-tara. Very very pretty name.
I love girl names, can be sooo much fun to think of!
my youngest is Annika (sounds like Monica w/o the M) shes the only one we know named that, (personally at least, I know the famous golfer, then that barbie movie came out and im sure it will gain in popularity, great timing for me though, that movie came out right at my daughters 4th bday. lol) We get lots of compliments on her name.
Some i know are getting very very popular now days that many think are unique, that there are 3 or more girls named this that I know - Shayla (or Shaylee)- Olivia - Riley - Sierra - Jayden - Mariah -Zoey- Amaya - Lainey - Alina (also stars in a barbie movie sigh) - Isabelle(or Bella) Gabrielle - Charlie is coming up in the ranks too, I know 2 little girls named Charlie
a couple more unique names ive heard kids called where i work i thought were cute/nice/pretty are -
Kenneley- Preslee - Taleetha - Raegen (i know ive heard this one before, but not much and i really like it and the various ways you can spell it) Keelee - Daylynn - Tate - Talia
I love some of the previous suggestions of Tegan, Briella, Caydence...some very pretty names!!!
Just dont name her
Tiffany! lol
Tiffany
I was just at a party this past weekend & 2 sisters were named Olivia & Isabella, LOL. One was a toddler & the other a baby. My niece's name is Olivia (she'll be 3 in July). And I do have a niece named Tiffani (she'll be 12 in June).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2007, 07:26 PM

1,005 posts, read 1,390,345 times
Check out kabalarians.com. Click on Name Meanings & you can browse names alphabetically or by culture & both by male/female. Great, interesting site.

Old 05-11-2007, 07:51 PM

540 posts, read 1,105,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridanative2 View Post
How about: Trista, Selena, Becka or Becca, Justine (for Justice), Divine, Devine, or Deevine.
Good luck choosing, let us know.
Another one came to me, Devine Grace.

Old 05-12-2007, 12:37 AM

2,800 posts, read 9,105,311 times
Quote:
Another one came to me, Devine Grace.
That's really cool! I never thought of that...thanks!!

She is actually wanting to use the middle name of Mitzi...only because this is what my dad used to call her. But I will bring that up to her!

BTW, her baby shower is tomorrow 5/12/07
Wish me luck, I have never done this before!

Old 05-12-2007, 03:10 AM

504 posts, read 1,619,799 times
Its too bad we can't wait a little while before we name our children, have a naming ceremony and name them so it suits thier personalities. I always figured since I went through all the labor and the nine months it was my right to name my daughters.
I agree, Google unusual baby names.

Old 05-12-2007, 11:02 AM

22,534 posts, read 46,102,156 times
One of my daughters is named Scarlett Rose.

I remarried and had another little girl. Right from the start the family interfered with the naming. I wanted Savannah Jewel but was railroaded into Lauren Ashley.

Old 05-12-2007, 11:17 AM

279 posts, read 1,245,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
One of my daughters is named Scarlett Rose.

I remarried and had another little girl. Right from the start the family interfered with the naming. I wanted Savannah Jewel but was railroaded into Lauren Ashley.
Im sorry to hear that. I had a feeling that both sides would interfere with us also in the naming so we made a decision on a name and didnt tell anyone until she was born. That way, people had no choice but to call her by her name...although my mother still wont since she doesnt like the name we chose

Old 05-12-2007, 01:08 PM

2,096 posts, read 8,062,880 times
Oh boy, can i relate to that Tooshort!! I named my daughter McKenzi Elaine and her last name starts w/an S..well, the MIL wanted us to name her after HER, and when we didnt, she was POd!! So for a long time, shed only call her MES, pronouncing it MESS!!! aarraauugghhhhh.
w/names, i figure other people have their own chance to name their own kids, its up to the parents, nobody else! you know?
btw, Mitzi is darling for a middle name!! How cool that would be to have something so special in a name.
one of my friends growing up, her family had an interesting tradition...mom/dad would pick the first name, and the middle initial. And when the child was 16, they got to pick their own middle name, as long as it started w/that initial. Kinda funky/cool i thought.
Tiffany (btw, i would only answer to Betty as a preschooler.lol Ive NEVER liked my name. go figure)

Old 05-14-2007, 09:24 PM

540 posts, read 1,105,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawgpz550 View Post
That's really cool! I never thought of that...thanks!!

She is actually wanting to use the middle name of Mitzi...only because this is what my dad used to call her. But I will bring that up to her!

BTW, her baby shower is tomorrow 5/12/07
Wish me luck, I have never done this before!
How was the baby shower? I am sure you did great! What was her reaction to Devine Grace? Just wondering.

Old 05-15-2007, 12:23 AM

2,800 posts, read 9,105,311 times
Quote:
How was the baby shower? I am sure you did great! What was her reaction to Devine Grace? Just wondering.
The baby shower went very well despite me having to take my mom to the ER for a slight heart attack the day before She was in the hopital overnight and they did an angiogram on her (thankfully they found NOTHING) and sent her home the afternoon of the shower. I was a total MESS worrying about her in the hospital while trying to arrange everything myself in the wake of about 20-30 people showing up At least she was able to make a brief appearance at the shower, but she was in a lot of pain and my dad had to take her home. But it was nice that she was able to at least get to be there for a little while

I told her about Devine Grace, she liked it...she said she would think about it. But she is still considering the following names as well:
Trinity
Serenity
Annika

Thank you again for your time! I really appreciate that you remembered about her shower It was nice of you to come and ask...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting