U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2007, 08:02 PM

39 posts, read 195,322 times

Advertisements

A friend of mine choose Danica which I thought was unique until the rise to fame of Danica Patrick in auto racing.

also, Aynsley is another one a friend has used that I had not heard before.

Good luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2007, 03:34 PM

1,891 posts, read 5,158,017 times
Names and naming are my freakish passion/hobby/interest! I would suggest you have a look at the SSA (Social Security Administration) list of 1000 most popular names in the US- many names that you might think are unusual are actual VERY common. You can search by years and look at what was popular when you were born and compare it to the 2006 list. You can also search by state to find out what the top names are in your state. I thought my sons name was unusual. Then for 4 subsequent years, there was a boy born every year named my unusual name. That mad me kind of sad.

http://www.ssa.gov/cgi-bin/popularnames.cgi

Old 05-30-2007, 03:44 PM

930 posts, read 638,366 times
I heard an unique name

Ta'lia pronounced ta-leah

her name was Ta'Lia Rose

Old 05-30-2007, 09:05 PM

2,800 posts, read 9,115,868 times
My poor daughter...she is so distraught over then name
She is still leaning toward Jazmine (Jazzy)...but she is also starting to like the name Sheridan. Sheridan is a pretty name and you do not hear it too often.

She has a little less than 5 weeks to go now...I don't know if to be excited and happy or completely FREAKED OUT!

Thanks again everyone! If there are anymore ideas, feel free to throw them in anytime!

Old 06-04-2007, 11:50 AM

1 posts, read 3,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreameyes View Post
Congratulations kawpgz! That's so fun!
Yes I definately agree stay away; far away from Peony.
Please tell me why? Is the peony devil, or not?

Thank a lot.

Old 06-04-2007, 01:11 PM

2,484 posts, read 7,913,588 times
I've heard quite a few:

Laketta
Tzipporah
Jadden
PomPom
Tootsie
Sweetee

...though I would not recommend any of those names :/ Imagine being called PomPom all your life

Old 06-04-2007, 01:40 PM

54 posts, read 229,500 times
Ok, I have to weigh in...Why give your kid a u-neek (sic) name? Do you want them to be unemployed?

Why give corporate america one more reason for passing on an applicant? HR is busy. If they can't pronounce the name or they have pre conceived notions about people with kr8tive names--they could move along to the next resume.

Also, alot of these names sound like stipper monikers!

Please stick to the classics. A "different" name can be a liability in the future!

Old 06-04-2007, 08:58 PM

40 posts, read 81,791 times
I really liked the suggestion to name her Liberty! I also like the name Arianna for a girl.

Old 06-04-2007, 11:07 PM

2,096 posts, read 8,074,425 times
I think Sheridan is beautiful. Its 3rd on my list for ya'll. First, of course, Annika, then Cassidy, then Sharidan.
Tiffany

Old 06-04-2007, 11:56 PM

2,484 posts, read 7,913,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dickens View Post
Ok, I have to weigh in...Why give your kid a u-neek (sic) name? Do you want them to be unemployed?

Why give corporate america one more reason for passing on an applicant? HR is busy. If they can't pronounce the name or they have pre conceived notions about people with kr8tive names--they could move along to the next resume.

Also, alot of these names sound like stipper monikers!

Please stick to the classics. A "different" name can be a liability in the future!
While it is true HR might initially call you back because they can pronounce your name, it is also true that you may get promoted later on faster than Jane or Sam because your name is unique and memorable
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting