U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2009, 03:41 PM

17,504 posts, read 14,192,247 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBMallory View Post
most effective reply to the finger?

thumbs up.. makes people seething angry
Duly noted <--- There is my practice "thumbing"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2009, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
Guy is talking about wanting to do a beat-down on a man whose only offense is putting up his middle finger. Way over-reacting. He needs a dose of rude to wake him up. Plus if his temper is that bad, you know damn well it's not just towards non-family.
You got all of that outta 5 lines of print? WOW

Most I would have done was yell....very LOUD

Oh...... for you

Old 10-09-2009, 04:00 PM

1,256 posts, read 2,425,178 times
Oh my, that was your daughter....Sorry

Old 10-09-2009, 04:02 PM

6,773 posts, read 7,553,723 times
Quote:
You gotta be kidding me! You're so hot right now that you don't think you can control yourself? Then I submit that YOU have a bigger problem than the guy that flipped off your daughter!

For pete's sake, it's no big deal. It's not going to scar her or cause her psychological problems. He was rude, that's it. Use it as a freakin' learning experience for your daughter, by explaining to her that even adults can do inappropriate things.

But for crying out loud, get a grip on yourself and quell that temper. You're completely over-reacting, and if you actually feel that violent, I'd be afraid that you would do something stupid.

Hell, if you have that much of a temper and that inclined to violence over a small, stupid gesture, I worry for your family when they annoy you.
I agree!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmerkyGrl View Post
Wow, you're a rude biotch.
This personal attack is uncalled for. Perhaps it's the mirror?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
You do know what the "finger" stands for don't you? Well, the reason it bothers me is that I know who this guy is. I don't know him personally but I've been dropping off and picking up for 4 years now at this school and I thought we as Parents had a little bit more respect for the other kids and Parents. You may find this behavior "normal" and I am sorry that you live in an environment where that is "normal" but that is not what is "normal" for this school or environment. I've walked by this guy hundreds of times , said hello and it just blows me away he could do this to one of my kids. Anyone that thinks it's ok to abuse someone's kids, well? I'm still glad I wasn't there.
Cougar is right - talk about ant hill --> mountain. You are equating a finger to abuse? So the finger stands for FU - good grief, get a grip!

I'm searching here and I'm searching there - reality has done taken wing!

Old 10-09-2009, 04:05 PM

749 posts, read 1,098,868 times
Quote:
You do know what the "finger" stands for don't you? Well, the reason it bothers me is that I know who this guy is. I don't know him personally but I've been dropping off and picking up for 4 years now at this school and I thought we as Parents had a little bit more respect for the other kids and Parents. You may find this behavior "normal" and I am sorry that you live in an environment where that is "normal" but that is not what is "normal" for this school or environment. I've walked by this guy hundreds of times , said hello and it just blows me away he could do this to one of my kids. Anyone that thinks it's ok to abuse someone's kids, well? I'm still glad I wasn't there.

I wouldn't call it normal behavior, but yeah there are a lot of idiots in the world and how we react to them says a lot about our character. I hope for your childs sake you hide the rage that you feel for this person and show her how to be the better person when confronted with bad behavior. Unfortunately it won't be the last time she/he is confronted with this type of behavior and how you and your wife teach her to deal with it will determine how adversely she is affected the next time it happens. Which shouldn't be at all if you've done your job properly.

Old 10-09-2009, 04:09 PM

6,039 posts, read 6,096,842 times
Quote:
You got all of that outta 5 lines of print? WOW
I got that from your statement that you had to send your wife to pick up the kid because you were too angry to control yourself. That speaks volumes. You've got an anger problem, and people with anger problems rarely limit themselves to mere yelling.

Major over-reaction over something stupid. I mean, get a grip dude. Geeze.

Old 10-09-2009, 04:40 PM

3,425 posts, read 6,446,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisdol View Post
Thanks for the laugh!

Oh, and this was about the members only jacket comments, not your daughter - just in case anyone misinterpreted.

Old 10-09-2009, 05:00 PM

Quote:
I got that from your statement that you had to send your wife to pick up the kid because you were too angry to control yourself. That speaks volumes. You've got an anger problem, and people with anger problems rarely limit themselves to mere yelling.

Major over-reaction over something stupid. I mean, get a grip dude. Geeze.
When my environment includes Adults flipping off or telling young kids to F-off and it's "normal" then I'm moving.

Why? Because for most of America it's not "normal". Like I said, sorry that the environment you live in sees that enough to seem "normal" because it's not normal. Not even close.

Old 10-09-2009, 05:11 PM

1,489 posts, read 1,748,178 times
Does it seem odd, all these people getting agressive about the wrong agressive behaviour of someone.

What is that teaching our kids.

Something seems wrong here.

As I read it, an adult in a car was in the bus lane.
The child who was helping, asked the driver to move on,
The driver yelled or swore or something,
The driver did actually move on.
The kid reported the car number plate to the cop (sounds like an appropriate thing to do)
The kid was a bit distraught and talked about the incident with mom.
Mom went ballistic (like the guy in the car)
Kid learns - when someone goes ballistic, then the adult thing to do is go balistic too.
Fast forward to when the kid is 16
Out on the town. had a drink or two.
someone says something to them they say a few words back.
A few fists maybe a knife and gun and someone is really hurt.

So I say all you lot calm down. Look at your selves. Look at the message you are giving.

I think the mom should have simply given her daughter a hug for dealing with the situation and reporting the details.

Old 10-09-2009, 05:18 PM

20,506 posts, read 6,229,776 times
Well said!!!!!!!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting