Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2009, 10:39 AM

50,268 posts, read 47,023,439 times

Advertisements

I just got the call from school that my daughter doing safety patrol had to ask a car to move who was in the bus lanes and the loser flipped her off.

What would you do? I'm so hot right now I'm having my wife pick up the kids later today as I don't think I can control myself.

They turned the plate number over to the Police Officer on duty for the school and I hope he gets some sort of fine? Isn't there any sort of law against the type of abuse toward children?

Who flips off a nine year old?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2009, 11:01 AM

8,672 posts, read 22,267,022 times
Yeah, I think that's disgusting too, but his temper probably got the best of him and he just did it before he knew it. It would really have irked me too if someone had done that to my son when he was young, but really, I would try to forget about it. (Our society has gotten pretty crass IMO and I think some people don't think as much about certain gestures as they used to...unfortunately.)

Old 10-09-2009, 11:06 AM

2,884 posts, read 5,931,267 times
While it is horrible behavior, especially from an adult towards a child, "Sticks and stones..."

Turn it into a lesson about keeping a thick skin, choosing your battles wisely, and letting bygones be bygones.

Old 10-09-2009, 11:25 AM

8,568 posts, read 18,106,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarmig View Post
While it is horrible behavior, especially from an adult towards a child, "Sticks and stones..."

Turn it into a lesson about keeping a thick skin, choosing your battles wisely, and letting bygones be bygones.
I totally agree

Old 10-09-2009, 11:28 AM

1,777 posts, read 4,858,428 times
tell your kid to "consider the source"

Old 10-09-2009, 11:44 AM

2,482 posts, read 8,732,192 times
Dang, I'm sorry that happened to your daughter and I COMPLETELY sympathize with you. If I ever saw some scum flip my kid off, they would have 9 fingers for the rest of their life.

Old 10-09-2009, 11:52 AM

2,467 posts, read 4,860,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
I just got the call from school that my daughter doing safety patrol had to ask a car to move who was in the bus lanes and the loser flipped her off.

What would you do? I'm so hot right now I'm having my wife pick up the kids later today as I don't think I can control myself.

They turned the plate number over to the Police Officer on duty for the school and I hope he gets some sort of fine? Isn't there any sort of law against the type of abuse toward children?

Just tell your daughter that the man was only showing her what his IQ score was. Because it takes someone with a low IQ to do something like that to a child.

This is a response I learned to say to folks who flipped people off. "Is that your IQ or your shoe size?" It always seems to fluster and embarass them and they do not know how to come back to that especially when it's a kid who asks that question.

Old 10-09-2009, 11:56 AM

2,905 posts, read 7,348,960 times
What an idiot!

Old 10-09-2009, 11:58 AM

6,034 posts, read 10,681,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post

You gotta be kidding me! You're so hot right now that you don't think you can control yourself?

For pete's sake, it's no big deal. It's not going to scar her or cause her psychological problems. He was rude, that's it. Use it as a learning experience for your daughter, by explaining to her that even adults can do inappropriate things.

Last edited by jeannie216; 10-09-2009 at 05:14 PM..

Old 10-09-2009, 12:30 PM

3,644 posts, read 10,938,945 times
[[color="Green"]I]Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar
You gotta be kidding me! You're so hot right now that you don't think you can control yourself?

For pete's sake, it's no big deal. It's not going to scar her or cause her psychological problems. He was rude, that's it. Use it as a learning experience for your daughter, by explaining to her that even adults can do inappropriate things.

I must be rude too, because I was thinking of how jealous I am that this is the most horrible thing that has ever happened to this woman and this child!

Many people in America are having trouble feeding themselves and this woman has the gall to be SHOCKED by someone's momentary rudeness? I understand thinking the guy is a jerk, but this parent's behavior is MUCH more extreme!

Last edited by jeannie216; 10-09-2009 at 05:16 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting