U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2008, 10:51 AM

3 posts, read 17,755 times

Advertisements

My daughter bought the book, train you child in one day. It sounded really good. The morning you have them teach a doll how to go to the bathroom. The afternoon you have a pee party and put the new pants on, etc.

It went really well. It wasn't done in a day, but she is on her way. She is not putting him back in the diapers. He doesn't like to be wet. "Diaper Dependence". I knew that was a problem. Now you have to remember that I am 57 years old. I put all of my girls in cloth diapers. Disposable diapers were for going out, not used on a daily basis.

He says "He is supposed to potty in his diaper" Habits are hard to break.

SO, he goes to day care. HOLDS his pee all day. As soon as daddy shows up to pick him up from day care, he pees. That night he goes all night long without peeing. He still doesn't use the toilet. His 9 year old sister tried to help with running water and still didn't go.

My daughter is worried that this could not be good him holding his pee for such a long time.

HAS ANYBODY had a simular situation?

I am going to join them this weekend and try to help. So I am reading up on everything that I can find.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2008, 12:43 PM

14,294 posts, read 20,544,645 times
At 3 he may not be ready to be potty trained. The average age for boys is something around 3 years and 9 months for potty training.

My daughter used to do the same thing, would not go at daycare. It took a couple of months before she decided she was ready to be potty trained. Take the child's lead for training, they will let you know when they are ready.

Old 10-01-2008, 01:21 PM

697 posts, read 1,775,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
At 3 he may not be ready to be potty trained. The average age for boys is something around 3 years and 9 months for potty training.

My daughter used to do the same thing, would not go at daycare. It took a couple of months before she decided she was ready to be potty trained. Take the child's lead for training, they will let you know when they are ready.

You have GOT to be kidding. My daughter trained at 15 months. My boy at 2.

As far as I'm concerned, it's laziness on the part of the parent to wait so long.

Old 10-01-2008, 10:15 PM

3 posts, read 17,755 times
Default My Girls and potty training

I was a stay at home mom. I put my daughters in cloth diapers. 40 years ago, you used disposable diaper only when traveling. Rubber pants went over the diapers to keep things dry. All those ruffles on the back of the rubber pants.

My oldest was potty trained at 9 months. Yes, I am not kidding. The other two were both trained by the time they were 1 year old. None of them liked the wet yukky diapers.

I have read about and truly believe in "Diaper Dependency". It's just too easy for the "GOT SO MUCH TO DO" parents of today.

I was lucky that I could stay at home with my girls. I wouldn't have changed it for anything. I feel so sorry for those women that have to work. They are missing so much. My own daughters are 3 of those women. It's just so sad, they don't realize what a short time that you have with them.

Old 10-02-2008, 12:58 PM

78 posts, read 175,169 times
We are at the stage of potty training our little boy now who is 32 months old. I really want to start training him, but he has no desire, and I mean NO desire. If I try and put him on the potty he screams. I feel like If I force it on him it will make accidents worse. I've decided to wait untill he is ready.
In my opinion 18 months is too young. I'd wait until he is at least 2.

There is a book out there called potty training in a day that my friends used that worked really well for them.

Last edited by borntobeme; 10-02-2008 at 01:00 PM.. Reason: added info
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting