U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2007, 12:25 PM

2,136 posts, read 4,303,726 times

Advertisements

Dncrgrl, figured you would stop by. Just wanted to say hello to all the overwhelmed moms (especially with Mother's Day around the corner). I, myself, am right there with you, girl. Had dinner out with my husband and another very cute, childless, engaged couple last night. (my hubby's b-day, and yes, I know what you're saying...well, at least you had a night out). The very young, cute, childless man said that he had heard that dad's just love Father's day and that mom's were not quite so appreciative of Mother's day. I said, I can tell you why. Mother's day is great. We get a day "off". Someone else cooks and takes care of the day's events. But guess what? Who cleans up the next day? Just ranting!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2007, 12:46 PM

1,372 posts, read 4,756,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weatherologist View Post
Dncrgrl, figured you would stop by. Just wanted to say hello to all the overwhelmed moms (especially with Mother's Day around the corner). I, myself, am right there with you, girl. Had dinner out with my husband and another very cute, childless, engaged couple last night. (my hubby's b-day, and yes, I know what you're saying...well, at least you had a night out). The very young, cute, childless man said that he had heard that dad's just love Father's day and that mom's were not quite so appreciative of Mother's day. I said, I can tell you why. Mother's day is great. We get a day "off". Someone else cooks and takes care of the day's events. But guess what? Who cleans up the next day? Just ranting!!!!!!
OMG I havent even read the post yet how did you know i would be here
you are so cute I laughed so hard I almost widdled myself!!!!!

Old 05-11-2007, 12:50 PM

Actually my kids are older except the 7 yr old so my hubby and I like to pick on them
(also they do the dishes)

But the 17 yr old came up to me last night and asked
Mom what do you want for Mother's day?"

and I could not help myself

I jokingly told him new kids

he said he didn't know where to buy that

so i said that I wanted a day of peace and quiet
again he didn't know where to buy that either
so i told him to just give me the money

Old 05-11-2007, 01:03 PM

Smile chores

Quote:
Originally Posted by dncngrl1964 View Post
Actually my kids are older except the 7 yr old so my hubby and I like to pick on them
(also they do the dishes)

But the 17 yr old came up to me last night and asked
Mom what do you want for Mother's day?"

and I could not help myself

I jokingly told him new kids

he said he didn't know where to buy that

so i said that I wanted a day of peace and quiet
again he didn't know where to buy that either
so i told him to just give me the money

I am trying really hard to be a better desciplinarian!! I think that mine run the house most of the time. Mine are 15,6,5,4,2-1/5. And actually, the 5 and 4 YO are helping me with the laundry right now. It's not really that bad. I know that I am truly blessed and I thank God for them every day. But, like I tell my pediatrician, sometimes all this love can be exhausting!

Old 05-11-2007, 01:12 PM

Quote:
I am trying really hard to be a better desciplinarian!! I think that mine run the house most of the time. Mine are 15,6,5,4,2-1/5. And actually, the 5 and 4 YO are helping me with the laundry right now. It's not really that bad. I know that I am truly blessed and I thank God for them every day. But, like I tell my pediatrician, sometimes all this love can be exhausting!
I always like to ask this

How does your 15 yr old get along with the young ones?

the 2 boys "greatly dislike" (we don't say hate) each other
my 2 other teens the girls adore kevin mostly unless he is a butt

and I try to explain to them
#1 when you were his age you were a butt also
#2 that is his Job

They also seem to think i favor him
I say age is relevant
when you were his age I acted the same way I do to him
did you want me to give him your freedoms you have now

or would you like to have his responsibilties with none

you can't be different ages and expect the same courtesies
it doesn't work that way

ya know the old line
"why doesnt kevin have to...blahblah blah

because he is 7 and you are 17
they can't grasp it

Old 05-11-2007, 01:35 PM

Default getting along

Quote:
I always like to ask this

How does your 15 yr old get along with the young ones?
because he is 7 and you are 17
they can't grasp it

Actually my 15 YO is really great with the little ones. He is from a previous marriage and spends most weekends with his dad. There are no siblings there and I think he greatly misses being around his younger brothers and sisters. He's just now starting to take on the "baby-sitting" roll, which is really working out great to me. Hence, the night out to dinner with hubby.

I have more trouble with the 5 year old boy and the 2.5 year old boy. It's amazing how very different they all are. Each one with their own little personalities. The 2.5 YO is an absolute terror and the 5 YO is just over having to deal with him and always giving into the "he's a baby" answer. And then on the other side of the coin, the 6 YO girl treats him like he's her very own baby and gives in to everything he wants. I hear tell that she shared her ice cream with him last night because he cried that he didn't have any. Just cried and got his way. And I wonder why the 5 YO has such a problem with him. Then there's a 4 year old girl who lives in her own happy little world and still like to play the "baby" card every now and then.

Never a dull moment!! A couple of years ago, when Survivor was first on the air, we had a terrible few months of virus after virus in our house. I told my husband they need to run a "Survivor" show where peple only needed two spend two weeks at our house and see if they could get out alive. haha

My sister actually came to help out after baby number four because I had a hernia repair about 6 weeks later and she was here for more than 5 days when she left with pnemonia (sp?). I think that was the Survivor days, too.

Old 05-11-2007, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Actually my 15 YO is really great with the little ones. He is from a previous marriage and spends most weekends with his dad. There are no siblings there and I think he greatly misses being around his younger brothers and sisters. He's just now starting to take on the "baby-sitting" roll, which is really working out great to me. Hence, the night out to dinner with hubby.

I have more trouble with the 5 year old boy and the 2.5 year old boy. It's amazing how very different they all are. Each one with their own little personalities. The 2.5 YO is an absolute terror and the 5 YO is just over having to deal with him and always giving into the "he's a baby" answer. And then on the other side of the coin, the 6 YO girl treats him like he's her very own baby and gives in to everything he wants. I hear tell that she shared her ice cream with him last night because he cried that he didn't have any. Just cried and got his way. And I wonder why the 5 YO has such a problem with him. Then there's a 4 year old girl who lives in her own happy little world and still like to play the "baby" card every now and then.

Never a dull moment!! A couple of years ago, when Survivor was first on the air, we had a terrible few months of virus after virus in our house. I told my husband they need to run a "Survivor" show where peple only needed two spend two weeks at our house and see if they could get out alive. haha

My sister actually came to help out after baby number four because I had a hernia repair about 6 weeks later and she was here for more than 5 days when she left with pnemonia (sp?). I think that was the Survivor days, too.
It's always the boys
I am convinced it is a boy thingy

Old 05-11-2007, 03:06 PM

Default gender difference

Quote:
It's always the boys
I am convinced it is a boy thingy
Yes, it's amazing the differences that I see in my boys vs my girls. I have a 3/2 split. However, they are all their own little "person".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting