Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2009, 03:20 PM

1,357 posts, read 4,018,970 times

Advertisements

She's precious for sure, but I see babies on a daily basis just as cute. I'd let her just enjoy being a baby . (I guess I didn't really answer your question so.... google baby modeling agents in NC?)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2009, 03:22 PM

2,904 posts, read 5,908,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexIntruder View Post
In all honesty, this is probably not "baby modeling" material, but about average. I would save the time and effort and just enjoy your child.
Thanks for your input...I enjoy her immensely regardless of what she looks like.

I will obviously personally disagree with you being her father and thinking she is the most beautiful baby in the history of the planet but based on feedback we get from total strangers several times a day, I would also disagree with you unless somehow you live in an area of town with only beautiful people that I have never been to and would not be accepted as a resident in myself

In any case, my question was not "please rate the physical attractiveness of my baby," it was "can you give any concrete advice for possibly getting her into a product ad or magazine article"...

Old 11-20-2009, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sowk09 View Post
She's precious for sure, but I see babies on a daily basis just as cute. I'd let her just enjoy being a baby . (I guess I didn't really answer your question so.... google baby modeling agents in NC?)
I love babies, and also think many of them are super cute, so thats why I waited 9 months to be sure it wasn't just me with this opinion. In any case, I will google baby agents I suppose, but was hoping for more localized, personalized experiences rather than being led astray by random searches on Google which can be littered with nonsense. If Google could answer all of our questions, we wouldn't need this forum.

Old 11-20-2009, 03:28 PM

2,779 posts, read 5,485,413 times
My husband directs tv commercials and used to work pretty much exclusively with children. You pretty much need to be in LA or NYC first of all, unless you want to do local work which isn't really a launching pad or anything. Secondly, it really isn't about how pretty your baby is, its about their personality and when their a little older whether or not they can take direction, and eventually its mostly about their acting and dancing abilities.

And honestly, my husband won't let our tall and talented (if I do say so) daughter near a casting agent after working in the business for so long, even though we've been approached. Its a mean business where you're judged on things that don't really matter. I would think harder about the message this will send your child as she grows. Yes, its fun, but my personal opinion living close to it, is that kids shouldn't "work," especially not in that world.

Old 11-20-2009, 03:30 PM

881 posts, read 2,248,105 times
I've hired models (never babies but I'm sure the agencies have them) from two agencies in Greensboro. The vast majority of them are not working full time. There really isn't a lot of work in this area. Three of the adults models I dealt with did work full time but they traveled frequently.

And far as children looks aren't everything. We often had issues with kids who couldn't "perform" so to speak. They'll get tired or not want to do what they are supposed to do etc.

Old 11-20-2009, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hml1976 View Post
My husband directs tv commercials and used to work pretty much exclusively with children. You pretty much need to be in LA or NYC first of all, unless you want to do local work which isn't really a launching pad or anything. Secondly, it really isn't about how pretty your baby is, its about their personality and when their a little older whether or not they can take direction, and eventually its mostly about their acting and dancing abilities.

And honestly, my husband won't let our tall and talented (if I do say so) daughter near a casting agent after working in the business for so long, even though we've been approached. Its a mean business where you're judged on things that don't really matter. I would think harder about the message this will send your child as she grows. Yes, its fun, but my personal opinion living close to it, is that kids shouldn't "work," especially not in that world.
THANK YOU for actually posting an answer to my question rather than attacking my motives or finances!

If this is the case, then I want her as far away from that world as possible. Thank you for some inside reality!

Old 11-20-2009, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncsualum2004 View Post
I've hired models (never babies but I'm sure the agencies have them) from two agencies in Greensboro. The vast majority of them are not working full time. There really isn't a lot of work in this area. Three of the adults models I dealt with did work full time but they traveled frequently.

And far as children looks aren't everything. We often had issues with kids who couldn't "perform" so to speak. They'll get tired or not want to do what they are supposed to do etc.
Woohoo, some good info. Thanks. Not really into traveling (at least not without mom and certainly not for "work")...sounds like I'll keep her to myself

Old 11-20-2009, 05:20 PM

6,578 posts, read 25,408,666 times
Here in Dallas there are two legit modeling agencies and for either you can submit photos and they will call you if they are interested. They are:
The Campbell Agency : Fashion / Runway / Commercial Print Models, Talent, Children - Welcome and
Kim Dawson.

You might check and see if your area as something similar. There is also a Dallas Child magazine that has a yearly contest to pick kids for the covers. You might also see if you have something like that. I think at the baby/toddler age temperament means more than anything.

Old 11-20-2009, 05:21 PM

4,502 posts, read 13,443,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncsualum2004 View Post
We often had issues with kids who couldn't "perform" so to speak. They'll get tired or not want to do what they are supposed to do etc.

Keep in mind, though, that when babies are hired for a job, they will hire 3 babies for the same job in case #s 1 & 2 are tired, cranky, etc. When they become toddlers, they'll hire 2.... once they're older (4 & above), they're expected to be able to do the job they were hired for.

Old 11-20-2009, 05:45 PM

1,105 posts, read 2,728,232 times
Breathtaking
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting