Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2009, 02:11 PM

1,571 posts, read 2,813,292 times

Advertisements

Who raised these sickos? http://wjz.com/pets/dog.burning.crim...ectflash=false (http://wjz.com/pets/dog.burning.crime.2.1289360.html?detectflash=false - broken link)
Now there are many animals I don't like, that in face disgust me but I wouldn't go harm it like these monsters did. I hate that breed as well, but damn, poor thing.
What on earth was in those late teenagers' twins' minds? Looks more like the parents didn't know they had sociopaths/psychopaths all the time.. By age 17 shouldn't you already suppose to have a clear understanding of empathy and not to hurt other living things? Unless it's one of those individuals having antisocial personality disorder but still, me thinks that's an excuse, it's created, one might not be born with that....
Never seen such a disturbing news like that. I hate that breed but still almost cried when I saw how it was in extreme pain. Can't seem to get it over. Who the hell do these teens think they are, taking away a life in the most horrible way??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2009, 12:02 AM

2,467 posts, read 4,860,610 times
That is a very sad, sick and twisted story. All I can say is I hope that those kids get some sort of help before they decide to move on to humans. Most sick and twisted criminals start off doing horrible acts of cruelty such as what these kids did to animals before moving on to humans. It just makes you wonder what other animals they tortured and killed before getting caught doing this to that poor animal.

Old 11-22-2009, 09:02 AM

1,571 posts, read 2,813,292 times
Default Sadly animal cruelty still exist

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyoquilter View Post
It just makes you wonder what other animals they tortured and killed before getting caught doing this to that poor animal.
Yet the parents kept denying it, makes me think their parents aren't one bit concern when they will later on move on to humans as well. Like you stated, it'll be time before they turn this to humans, that's what I heard on the origin of a psychopath. It's bad enough what they did but to have parents covering up for their horrible act...

Old 11-28-2009, 12:53 PM

8,003 posts, read 11,723,401 times
There just has to be something wrong in the brains of individuals like this. A brain that is able to process feelings of empathy and compassion would be unable to commit such an act on any living thing. I agree that it's just a matter of time before they move on to humans...after all, what's stopping them? Clearly they have no sense of social consciousness. Ugh..... it nauseates me just thinking of it.

Old 11-28-2009, 12:57 PM

3,360 posts, read 12,268,313 times
This would be a clear sign to me that those boys had been abused themselves. Pretty sick.

Old 11-28-2009, 03:00 PM

2,467 posts, read 4,860,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgoldie View Post
This would be a clear sign to me that those boys had been abused themselves. Pretty sick.
That is not always the case with sick minds such as thses kids have. Not every sick and twisted person has been abused, some are just born wired wrong and no matter what their parents did or didn't do to them is not going to make one bit of difference in how they turn out. Take Jeffery Dahmer as an example. There was no evidence that he had ever been abused. If abuse did occur with these teens it may have been only because the kids were extremely difficult to raise right from the get go.

The best that society can hope for in cases such as these teens is that they can get in contact with a good mental health doc that can give them tools to help understand right from wrong. Even still it's a long shot that they can be helped. About the only thing you can do with some of the more sick and twisted is give them a labodomy and keep them in a nut house away from society.

Old 11-28-2009, 03:19 PM

8,003 posts, read 11,723,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgoldie View Post
I'm sorry, but I disagree. Obviously there is a good chance that these boys were abused, but they just as easily could have been born this way. All people who were abused as children do NOT turn out to be abusers! I was extremely abused as a child and the last thing I would ever do, would ever have done, is harm someone else! I am not alone here as I know many other people who feel the same way as I do.....fellow abused people who can't imagine inflicting harm on something or someone...because we were abused, humiliated, and made to feel like nothings....we could never make anything or anyone feel that way. I and many like me have spent our lives fighting for the underdogs of society....are caretakers and protecters. Many of the sickest individuals out there are people who were spoiled rotten, given everything they ever wanted and never, ever had to put someone or something first before them. They've never been required to develop a sense of empathy or compassion...therefore they can't imagine how their actions affect others...and in many cases, these people do not have the mental capacity to EVER feel empathy...not without drugs and serious counselling.

Old 11-28-2009, 10:52 PM

1,841 posts, read 3,173,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflower_lol View Post
Who raised these sickos? http://wjz.com/pets/dog.burning.crim...ectflash=false (http://wjz.com/pets/dog.burning.crime.2.1289360.html?detectflash=false - broken link)
Now there are many animals I don't like, that in face disgust me but I wouldn't go harm it like these monsters did. I hate that breed as well, but damn, poor thing.
What on earth was in those late teenagers' twins' minds? Looks more like the parents didn't know they had sociopaths/psychopaths all the time.. By age 17 shouldn't you already suppose to have a clear understanding of empathy and not to hurt other living things? Unless it's one of those individuals having antisocial personality disorder but still, me thinks that's an excuse, it's created, one might not be born with that....
Never seen such a disturbing news like that. I hate that breed but still almost cried when I saw how it was in extreme pain. Can't seem to get it over. Who the hell do these teens think they are, taking away a life in the most horrible way??
Uggggg! I love animals. I am both a cat/dog lover! TMI...before I split with my B/F we had the pleasure of having a Blue Pitbull since he was a baby. We socialized him, he was excellent with kids as well as adults, he did not even overreact when a small **** dog peed on him, matter of fact our 2 cats bullied him..lol. This Pit-Bull was a baby,slept on my bed ect.
When I saw the pic I was disgusted...Socio-Path and serial killer in the making came to mind.
However I haveto think of the mentality behind this heinous crime! What is the hx behind these twins? Despite it..I say try them as adults...first comes the defenseless animal.. what next? They are way past the stage of the concrete, they are aware of the stage of reasoning...despite having a chemical imbalance which is common amoungst twins..it will not develop to this extreme...it is common that they will act out socially.

Old 11-29-2009, 07:51 AM

2,178 posts, read 9,577,641 times
I am glad they system is taking this case seriously and treating those boys as adults. So many of thse cases are treated like they are nothing. I don't like pits either but they do not deserve to be treated like that, nothing does!

Old 11-29-2009, 08:09 AM

1,122 posts, read 2,316,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflower_lol View Post
That is sad! That breed has endured so much suffering at the hands of us. They are just fine dogs as long as they are trained and I can name a dozen small breed dogs that would be more likely to bite my children.

As far as the socio/psychopath thing....first of all, both disorders are a type of antipersonality disorder. They are mental illnesses. No matter how evil those people act and think, we are no better than they if we lack the empathy to understand that it is still a mental disorder. Most people agree that those with these disorders have three things in common: born intelligence, born mental disorder (or orders) and horrific childhood esperiences that trigger those sociopathic or pschopathic tendencies. The intelligence of the child allows that child to tap into the problems of the mental illness to allow them to shut off the parts of them that make them feel pain, sadness and to cut those ties that would normally connect a child's emotional bond with their parents as a way to cope with it. The best I can relate personally to that is when I was little. My mother would tickle my feet until I nearly wet myself and I was crying. I hated it. Finally I thought that, as she put it when I hurt or cried otherwise, it was in my head. If I could force myself to not cry or even whimper when she beat me as to keep her from hitting me more and even had surgery on my foot without any sort of pain relief without crying, then I could control it and the next time she tried to tickly my feet, I shut that part of my brain off. My feet have not been ticklish since.

These evil people are not this way by themselves. I know this better than most would as I come from a, to put it as lightly as possible, very troubled family and I'm talking about generations, branching out widely. In one family alone, with 8 kids, at least 3 were/are socio's and can see what difference that a healthy family life make to even the least hopeful of the toddlers. I look at my own children, all three who are highly intelligent, and know the responsibility that I have in my hands and, because of the the genes, know that it is a delicate matter. I must not hit them or try to break their spirit or challenge their emotions and trust. I must always let them lean to me when their emotions are strong and never try to tell them that their emotions are ill placed or too strong for the matter. I must do whatever I can in my power so that they may not have to reach for extreme coping mechanisms so that if one or more of them have that hidden mental disorder, the monsters of the deep are not wakened.

To say a parent did not know what they raised, remember, a child with these issues is a product of their rearing. Do not misplace sympathy to the parents of children with deep set problems because it is a lack of their attention to preventing this. 4 in 100 people are sociopaths and you've met them, worked with them and maybe even lived with them. Most are not even violent while manipulative beyond comprehension. It is when a child resorts to violence that they are more likely to be placed into the psychopathic category. Those are the ones we fear and sadly, they are the ones who deserve the deepest of empathy as the issues from their childhood are dealt with in the most extreme ways, even though it is very, very, very hard to relate to it and even see past the violence to understand it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting