U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2009, 12:44 PM

13,050 posts, read 21,163,651 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by liciawest08 View Post
hey i want to get my child into modeling but i live in michigan. i'm trying to find a good agency to get him into does anyone have a good reference
If you live in Michigan, how are you going to make casting calls? I don't think Michigan is a hotbed of modeling activity - although I could be wrong. To the best of my knowledge, if you want your child to model, you would have to be local to LA or NY.

If you want to submit photos and see if your son has what it takes, here's a child modeling agency local to LA. As you can see from their website - you have to be able to travel to LA 2-3 times a week to make the casting calls.

Jet Set Models
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2009, 03:01 PM

1,017 posts, read 2,641,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv80s View Post
Ok, so I'm watching Dr. Phil about these pushy moms trying to make their kids stars and think these moms are just a little crazy, lol. Anyway, I have thought about getting my son into child modeling before but don't really know how to go about it. He's as cute as a button and very photogenic. My hubby did child modeling when he was a baby/toddler for some catalogs but that was it. I don't want to make my son some kind of superstar model, just want to see if I can get him in print like magazines, catalogs, etc. He's only 2 so I am not going to push him into anything. I figure if neither of us likes it we'll stop.

What are some good agencies or ways to go about getting into modeling? We live in Vermont and the closest big cities are Boston, Montreal, and NYC. Have any of you had your child in modeling? How did you or your kids like it? What was the work like?
What makes you think that your 2 year old would like to drive all over town to sit in front of a photographer for 4 hours?
Just admit you're considering doing this for you.

Old 09-20-2010, 10:07 PM

1 posts, read 3,599 times
I want to get my daugthers into modleing but how do i find agencys to look at her photos and try to get her to sign. other words how do i go about to do this.

Old 09-20-2010, 10:10 PM

3,967 posts, read 5,674,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jj_gracie_mama View Post
I want to get my daugthers into modleing but how do i find agencys to look at her photos and try to get her to sign. other words how do i go about to do this.
Have you had shots done of her yet?

Old 09-22-2010, 02:35 PM

454 posts, read 914,313 times
I would only recommend it if you live in a big city, which you do not. In your case, it will take tons of time and effort to drag you and your poor child into the city for castings that will almost never pan out. I did a little child modeling myself, but only because I got chosen through chance ("discovered" at my ballet class) and I lived in a big city so any follow-up stuff I tried to do (mainly unsucessfully) wasn't that much of a hassle. This type of thing is not super-fun for kids so don't do it unless you can make it as inconvenient as possible.

Old 02-16-2011, 01:47 PM

1 posts, read 3,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonaLisaVito View Post
I use to work for a couple agencies in Michigan. I could contact them and see what's close to Vermont or you can call them. DM me if you want.

Also, please be aware, it does not cost a cent to start modeling, do not let any agency try to charge you a fee, if they do try to, get out of there as soon as possible. Also, you don't always need professional photos of your child to send to any agency. Any photos taken with your own camera at home should suffice.
I am trying to find a place to submit pics of my daughter for modeling. I do not know where to start.. please help!!

Old 02-16-2011, 10:45 PM

2,814 posts, read 5,857,192 times
Start out doing beauty pageants. Watch Toddlers and Tiaras to see how much fun it is for these kids to get dolled up. I find the mom's inspiring and admirable. Maybe your daughter will get discovered and get a Disney Channel show like Miley did. Good luck.

Old 02-17-2011, 07:49 PM

1,164 posts, read 1,686,638 times
My 3yo niece likes to pretend that she is a model sometimes, lol. She loves taking photographs and likes people (close family members) to take photographs of her. Just the poses she does, you would think that she IS a child model!! Would it be a good idea for her to try out at least one modeling gig to see if she likes that stuff? She is adorable. However, she is painfully shy around people she doesn't know.

Old 02-17-2011, 08:40 PM

27,993 posts, read 19,652,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
He's only 2 so I am not going to push him into anything. No offence, if hes only two and modelling, hes being pushed by the parents. He cant turn around and say he wants to do it.
My friends kid did some for a magazine, but she found that cooperation on his part was zilch, wouldnt wear the clothes, stand still, stop pulling etc. So that ended quickly, guess it was his way of saying no.
Yeah so almost all 2 year olds are pushed into some form of behavior because otherwise they'd be like baby chimpanzees flinging their own poop and chewing on furniture. Just sayin'.

Old 02-18-2011, 09:24 AM

32,538 posts, read 29,333,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stressedCollegeGirl89 View Post
My 3yo niece likes to pretend that she is a model sometimes, lol. She loves taking photographs and likes people (close family members) to take photographs of her. Just the poses she does, you would think that she IS a child model!! Would it be a good idea for her to try out at least one modeling gig to see if she likes that stuff? She is adorable. However, she is painfully shy around people she doesn't know.
How would she feel about total strangers dressing her, touching her, doing her hair and makeup? Would she take direction from a total stranger? How would Mom feel if she is told to go stand in the corner while said strangers pose her daughter and her daughter is resisting? How does 3-year old react to a lot of stimuli? Bright lights? People milling around.

As much as I have a gut "No!" to child actors and models I will admit that there are some kids who can handle the modeling thing. But I've never known one that young. The kid's I knew were in grade school when they started. And the ones I knew who came out sane did not make a career of it. For most it was a once-in-a-while gig.

If everyone in the family has the "bug" I'd take her to a private photographer, pay for one session, and see how she does. If she doesn't like it, you quit the idea then and there.

And a lot of 3-year old girls (and boys) like to pose and model. Jus because she likes to do it at home doesn't mean she has some natural gift. Producers/editors look at a ton of head shots of 3-year olds who like to pose at home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or