U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2008, 09:10 PM

2,736 posts, read 5,799,956 times

Advertisements

My babies (twins) started school this past fall. I've been home for over 10 years so I didn't know what to do with myself either. I started Curves, like your mom suggested,lol, and now I ended up with a part time job there! It's pretty cool, only 3 or 4 hours a day and free work outs while I'm there!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2008, 01:16 AM

28,906 posts, read 45,305,462 times
Bang the tennis pro.

Evidently it's all the vogue in my neighborhood.

Old 06-29-2008, 11:37 PM

48,519 posts, read 81,210,251 times
Since when did stay at home moms not have anyhting else to do other than rise kids in the home?There is lots of things to do to run and keepup the house. That way it allows you to spend time working with them n school work;when they get home.

Old 07-03-2008, 02:59 AM

219 posts, read 378,855 times
I was lucky I started working at the school my kids attend and I am also going to school. I got so bored those first few months. I thought I would enjoy it, but after having twins I was used to a very busy life and when it wasn't I thought I would go insane so I went to work full time (when they were in 1st grade) and started going to school, now life is crazy busy again, feels like normal again. LOL

Old 08-20-2009, 03:17 PM

1 posts, read 1,584 times
hi everyone i was wanting to know if i would be able to sell vegtables from my garden i don,t have alot just some zucinnis and 5 small baskets of tomatoes does anyone know if ya need any type of permit for this tya svm patricia

Old 08-20-2009, 03:23 PM

20,426 posts, read 35,847,759 times
what does this have to do with kids going off to school?
why resurrect a post that is over a year old??

sheesh....

Old 08-20-2009, 03:26 PM

2,212 posts, read 4,502,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoe View Post
My youngest went into grade one this year. That means for the first time since I was 20 I have the whole day to myself. Now I don't know what to do. I have cleaned the house so many times I am starting to feel useless.

My mom says to get out and walk or join curves or something but I want to do something more useful. Make money!!

It's funny how I should thank my lucky stars that my husband doesn't want me to go out and get a job but all I can think about is how I want to make money. Does anyone know how to do that from home? I do make crafts that I sell every year at craft shows around Christmas but that is just not enough. I also can't go get a full or even part time job outside of the house because I still need to be here when the kids get off of school and for all their afternoon/evening sporting events.

Please give me your ideas on how to keep myself busy. It scares me how I feel like I can sleep every day away. That is no fun!!
Join the PTO and volunteer in your child's class! I am unbelievably busy with my daughter's school. Every talent I have that I did while working outside the home is utilized for the school. What I love about that is that I actually MAKE a difference. When I worked full time, I got a paycheck and some satisfaction of completing a case for a client. Now, I am helping my daughter's classmates to read, write, draw, etc. I also can see how my daughter is doing in school, see for myself who the "bad" or "good" kids are, see things I can help my child with, and get to know the teachers. I am in charge of the school's yearbook (using my marketing and advertising experience) and I help put together Restaurant/Fundraiser nights for the school every month. I also am working on arranging the Spirit Wear order and delivery. All of this is stuff I volunteered for. Many volunteers only help a few hours a month and that is great too. However, since I have free time, I am able to keep myself busy making a difference in a very direct way.

Old 08-20-2009, 04:16 PM

24,479 posts, read 28,815,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cookie77751 View Post
hi everyone i was wanting to know if i would be able to sell vegtables from my garden i don,t have alot just some zucinnis and 5 small baskets of tomatoes does anyone know if ya need any type of permit for this tya svm patricia
call you local health department and city hall and ask. Laws vary from place to place.

Old 08-26-2009, 09:44 AM

890 posts, read 2,419,462 times
The Ebay thing sounds good.

I am wondering how much do you make on a sale?

Profit = (Sale price) - (Cost to have the item) - (Postage).
Profit is basically time you spent on the whole transaction and shipping.

Is the Ebay price you ask for usually separate from shipping costs?

Old 08-26-2009, 06:37 PM

6,764 posts, read 19,317,924 times
Gosh, today was only the first day of school and I am so damn bored being home all day.
Hubby works nights so he sleeps till 10-10:30...me, I am up with my son at 6...drive him to school, then do exercise, walk the dog, look for a job, clean up and basically I am so sick of it.

I really, really want a job. (that pays money).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting