U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2009, 07:24 PM

12,975 posts, read 2,828,466 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySoul22 View Post
Gosh, today was only the first day of school and I am so damn bored being home all day.
Hubby works nights so he sleeps till 10-10:30...me, I am up with my son at 6...drive him to school, then do exercise, walk the dog, look for a job, clean up and basically I am so sick of it.

I really, really want a job. (that pays money).
and I want to change places with you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2009, 07:31 PM

6,764 posts, read 19,332,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MistyVT View Post
and I want to change places with you!
Okay, Misty, I'm also in VT...I want a job so badly...the economy here is...

So let's trade..

Old 08-28-2009, 12:42 AM

1,224 posts, read 2,947,698 times
My oldest will be in kindergarten for 3 hours, I will finally be able to exercise without my helpfull but at times dangerous workout budy(the baby will go into the play pen or down for a nap). I will be able to sort out and get rid of stuff that we have not used sinced we moved here(3yrs in December) some boxes we have not evan opened.

Old 02-07-2011, 12:09 AM

1 posts, read 1,759 times
My second daughter has just started prep. I have only my 3 year old son home now.And there is no way I am not going to have a plan for when he starts school. I work 1_2 days a week and am starting study so I can jump straight into A JOB tHAT I AM HAPPY WITH BY THE TIME HE STARTS SCHOOL. OF COURSE THE JOB MUST SUIT SCHOOL HOURS. CRAFTS AND HOBBIES ETC CAN BE DONE WHEN KIDS ARE IN BED. WHAT DO DADS GET. THEY WORK FULL TIME AND COME HOME TO A FULL AND NOISY HOUSE. BOTH PARENTS SHOULD BE INVOLVE IN ALL ASPECTS OF KIDS LIVES AND BE PRODUCTIVE. HOW MUCH TIME DO MUMS NEED.

Old 02-07-2011, 01:15 AM

29,653 posts, read 32,059,264 times
When my kids started school I just went with them and volunteered. I even had a paid job on campus for awhile. But I also got my AA degree and joined some community service groups and spent time with other SAHM's.

Old 02-07-2011, 09:20 AM

85,082 posts, read 99,155,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
When my kids started school I just went with them and volunteered. I even had a paid job on campus for awhile. But I also got my AA degree and joined some community service groups and spent time with other SAHM's.
I did similar. As the kids get older, there are sports and activities that need parent volunteers.

I had my degree, and I did work part-time, very PT sometimes. I didn't work full time again until the youngest was a senior in high school, and college expenses were mounting.

Old 02-07-2011, 03:09 PM

24,483 posts, read 28,851,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KIDDIESRFUN View Post
My second daughter has just started prep. I have only my 3 year old son home now.And there is no way I am not going to have a plan for when he starts school. I work 1_2 days a week and am starting study so I can jump straight into A JOB tHAT I AM HAPPY WITH BY THE TIME HE STARTS SCHOOL. OF COURSE THE JOB MUST SUIT SCHOOL HOURS. CRAFTS AND HOBBIES ETC CAN BE DONE WHEN KIDS ARE IN BED. WHAT DO DADS GET. THEY WORK FULL TIME AND COME HOME TO A FULL AND NOISY HOUSE. BOTH PARENTS SHOULD BE INVOLVE IN ALL ASPECTS OF KIDS LIVES AND BE PRODUCTIVE. HOW MUCH TIME DO MUMS NEED.
Isn't that what we all want? Let me know when you find that perfect job!

Old 02-08-2011, 08:25 PM

834 posts, read 2,206,347 times
Maybe one of your hobbies (or something you're really good at) can turn into a money making business...

I met an artist/graphic designer recently who spend a few years staying home with her kid. Now that the kid is growing up, she decided to find other avenues to make money but still keep a flexible schedule. She now does "art parties" it's a similar concept to a candle party (e.g. Mary Kay, Amway, etc). She gets someone to host the event, invites 10-15 friends over. These friends pay a fee ($25) and bring a bottle of wine. In return we all get our own easel, paint brushes, etc. The artist prints out a copy of the art everyone is going to paint (already drawn in pencil in the canvas). You try to follow the picture, or go your own way changing colors, etc. After a few glasses of wine and some painting, the evening will end on a nice note.

Old 02-08-2011, 09:51 PM

1,492 posts, read 2,663,764 times
What should a stay at home mom do when the youngest kid goes to school.
Shop
isn't that what women do

Old 02-08-2011, 11:16 PM

15,341 posts, read 16,930,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aidxen View Post
What should a stay at home mom do when the youngest kid goes to school.
Shop
isn't that what women do
Agggh.. nooooooooooooo!

I hate shopping!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting