U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2007, 06:19 AM

1,093 posts, read 3,435,002 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by noplacelikeWA View Post
We have identical twin boys and while they don't look exactly alike to me, nobody outside of myself, my DH and their sisters can tell them apart. I totally think it's nuts to assume twins have to look alike to be twins and what do people think identical twins are if they ask if a set fraternal boy/girl twins are identical? We don't always dress our boys the same but even when I do people have asked us are they twins, or are they identical? You tell me...

Attachment 3664

They will be ladykillers when they get older!!!

They do look alike, but can't tell if they are really hard to tell from that picture. Unless of course, the one's face stays that way all the time haha
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2007, 10:15 AM

797 posts, read 2,695,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poprocksncoke View Post

They will be ladykillers when they get older!!!

They do look alike, but can't tell if they are really hard to tell from that picture. Unless of course, the one's face stays that way all the time haha
Thanks!

They rarely sit still long enough to take a good picture and either way one of them seems to always be making a face of some kind.

Twins-identicalboys.jpg

Old 06-02-2007, 02:19 PM

1,390 posts, read 2,315,626 times
I have b/g twins (12 years old) . I've heard all sorts of stupid comments...and still do! My response to the "are they identical" question is just to say nope, that one is a boy and one is a girl. They always get a confused look on their face!

Old 06-04-2007, 07:45 PM

422 posts, read 1,822,431 times
I have twin 3 year old boys. They are fraternal. but most people think they are identical, until i point out the differences. My mother makes me "LABEL" them for her. so I put one in Blue--whose name starts with a B. And in pictures the boy whose name begins with an "L" is on the Left. And in their car seats "B" sits in the brown one. And the beds.."L"'s bed is on the left when you come in. OY VEY!!!

Old 06-04-2007, 09:29 PM

6,262 posts, read 16,959,107 times
I am a fraternal twin;blonde w/blue eyes. While my twin is dark haired,brown eyes. She in turn has twin sons; both blondes w/blue eyes. One of her other sons has a set of twins;fraternal with one being quite tall and the other much shorter. They don't even look like brothers. As for my sister's twin sons (my daughter was born on their first birthday!) well they are supposedly fraternal but look enough alike that 28 years later I have to look realy closely at them to determine which is which.

Old 06-05-2007, 07:53 AM

22 posts, read 80,731 times
My identical twin boys will be 14 this month. They have been a handful and a 'heartfull' since birth, never a dull moment wherever they are! They are charming, mischievious, never quiet, never still, prefer to operate 'outside the box' and I can't imagine life without them. Most popular quote from their teachers....."if it weren't for their really good manners...." Thank heavens for that!

Old 06-11-2007, 10:17 AM

9 posts, read 45,165 times
I have a set of step-sons who are twins. They are 7 now. Although I can tell them apart most of the time, they are definitely identical twins. None of my family or my husband's family can tell them apart.

Old 06-13-2007, 05:04 AM

67 posts, read 223,432 times
I have a twin sister and when we were little mom use to dress us up alike and i am just glad I was to little to understand what was going on. now that we are grown, we are the closest ones in the family. Your lucky to have twins and anyone who has a set of twins will tell you. they are SPECIAL!!!!
Woodzman

Old 07-09-2007, 02:14 PM

2 posts, read 21,643 times
I have a 17 y/o son and 8 y/o b/g twins. No they aren't identical but they do actually look alot alike in the face. They are built totally different with the boy being slim and the girl quite chubby. They were a surprise but wonderful addition to the family after 9 years of having an only child. I'm not the youngest Mom on the block by far but they are keeping me young at heart!

Sheri

Old 07-09-2007, 05:50 PM

20,793 posts, read 52,354,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twins4lynn View Post
I have b/g twins (12 years old) . I've heard all sorts of stupid comments...and still do! My response to the "are they identical" question is just to say nope, that one is a boy and one is a girl. They always get a confused look on their face!
It is amazing isn't it. My DD12 has brown hair/brown eyes, DS12 is blond and blue eyed and I STILL get that question.

This is my favorite picture of them as babies--it is part of a scrapbook page I did.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting