U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2009, 07:27 PM

5,384 posts, read 9,609,983 times

Advertisements

We are parents for a reason.... to raise brilliant minds.... mold them....encourage them.... love them.... and through all of that we are rewarded with the many funny things they might say or do! if they meant to get a laugh or not....we are reminded how wonderful life is because of them!

I thought it would be a great way to get away from some of the rather deep threads/debates on here.... lighten things up and let us know what funny thing did your child say or do? What made you laugh or chuckle?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2009, 07:49 PM

I can start with THIS story....
My youngest - she's known by Chatterbox on here (or CB)- has some trouble with her speech. She didn't have an -sh sound and substituted it with the S sound. Well, her sister's nick name is "ASH"... so you can put two and two together and figure out what CB called her sister... A$$... So, we were at the grocery store and the two of them were sitting on one of those benched shopping carts. And Ash was doing something that was really irritating CB- sitting too close or something silly. Well, CB had had enough and was going to let her know it. She started to scream, in the middle of the produce section: STOP IT A$$! Don't Do That A$$! A$$! A$$ NO! Now I am getting some very nasty stares.... I am trying to get her to quiet down.... not really because she is being too Loud but every five seconds A$$ is coming out of her mouth... I am about to take them to the cookie counter for their free cookie to distract them when a MANAGER comes over.... OMG I was mortified.... he told me swearing loudly in the store was not appropriate and she was offending the customers... I started to laugh.... explained what she was saying.... got her her cookie.... and finished my shopping... letting her say A$$ til the cows came home! (you can probably guess the first thing she and her speech pathologist worked on! LOL)

Old 12-14-2009, 07:57 PM

4,152 posts, read 9,609,971 times
My 3.5 old when she was 18 months or so:

Daughter:"Mommy, you have boobies"

Me:"Yes, dear, I have boobies"

Daughter:"When I get to be a big girl, I'll have boobies too."

Me: "Yes"

*daughter's thoughtful pause*

Daughter: "But not Daddy and Sammy they only have peanuts"

##"Sammy" is her big brother, (Sammy is not his real name)##

Old 12-14-2009, 08:43 PM

1,280 posts, read 4,051,338 times
My kiddos are young yet (22 months old boy/ girl twins). I think the funniest so far is this:
I am pregnant again, and my breasts are growing. My daughter noticed, and for the last couple of months, has been calling my breasts "moo cow moo boobs". Loudly, wherever she goes... I am trying hard to be glad she knows what they are for, even when she "explains" in front of the pastor at church :P

Last edited by Penguin_ie; 12-14-2009 at 08:43 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 12-15-2009, 05:56 PM

127 posts, read 264,594 times
When my son was younger, we were watching "The Flintstones." At the end of the show, I was singing along. There's a part of the song that goes "We'll have a gay old time!" My son turns to me and says very seriously, "Fred Flintstone is gay?"

Old 12-15-2009, 06:09 PM

27,236 posts, read 40,392,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skbs View Post
We are parents for a reason.... to raise brilliant minds.... mold them....encourage them.... love them.... and through all of that we are rewarded with the many funny things they might say or do! if they meant to get a laugh or not....we are reminded how wonderful life is because of them!

I thought it would be a great way to get away from some of the rather deep threads/debates on here.... lighten things up and let us know what funny thing did your child say or do? What made you laugh or chuckle?
My niece once asked me if I was pregnant...I was up to about a size 34, eating twice a day (and over 2 liters of soda) just about every day. I worked at a Subway, and the Subway diet notwithstanding, I GAINED weight.

Old 12-15-2009, 06:59 PM

We took the kids with us one summer on a trip down to North Carolina. Our car had lost the air conditioning on the way down and it was HOT! I was too hot to wear a tshirt so I had on one of those thin strapped tank tops- showed a bit of cleavage... with a shirt on over it but it was getting so uncomfortble I took my shirt off and sat much cooler with the tank on.... Well, my oldest screamed from the backseat (2 at the time) and said MOMMY PUT YOUR SHIRT ON YOU'RE NAKED! She wouldn't stop until I put my shirt back on! She couldn't handle the cleavage..... LOL...... and I wasn't allowed to wear the tank top for the rest of the trip! LOL......

Old 12-16-2009, 08:00 PM

2,893 posts, read 5,179,761 times
I'm sitting on the toilet (yes, I sit. I'm lazy). My daughter walks in an an inopportune moment.

Daughter points, "That's your penis."

"Yes, it is."

"That's Mommy's."

Old 12-17-2009, 03:29 PM

141 posts, read 376,798 times
I am a fairly young mother and lately my oldest has been "noticing" everything. We were riding down the street and I fussed at her because she took off her seatbelt.

Me:
"I notice you don't have that seatbelt on, fix it or we'll get pulled over."

Her:
"I notice when we get pulled over you talk in the nice voice to the police man, is that how people didn't get tickets in the olden days?"

They pay attention to some of the craziest things. ROTFLMAO

Old 12-18-2009, 06:43 AM

My daughter was playing a Webkinz game - golf- with my dad... My father isn't always careful about his choice of words around the kids... so he did something wrong in the game and said THAT REALLY PI$$e$ me off! My youngest (5) looks at him all serious like and says YOU KNOW WHAT PI$$E$ ME OFF? When it goes in the water! My dad just started cracking up.... let's hope it doesn't come out of her mouth again....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting