Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2007, 08:03 AM

7 posts, read 16,239 times

Advertisements

Well im pregnant.
and we are trying really hard on a girls name
ive always liked unique names.
we already have a boys named picked out.

Jacob Alyxander

We really want the middle name to by ROSE.
but havent found any good names for the First name

We thinK Emily Rose is way to common.

Here are my favorites though::

Arley Rose
Adrena Rose
Scarlett Rose
Abigail Rose

[ i have a thing for names starting with "A's"]

ohh and i love
Pandora Noel
{but everyone makes fun of that name}lol

if you have any advice it will be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2007, 08:29 AM

4,610 posts, read 11,098,958 times
Congratulations!!!

This was just on AOL.

Top Boys Names:
1. Jacob
2. Michael
3. Joshua
4. Ethan
5. Matthew
6. Daniel
7. Christopher
8. Andrew
9. Anthony
10. William

Top Girls Names:
1. Emily
2. Emma
3. Madison
4. Isabella
5. Ava
6. Abigail
7. Olivia
8. Hannah
9. Sophia
10. Samantha

For me, I like the names....

1) Lily Rose
2) Tiger Lily (I would call her Teal for short, TL but pronounce it Teal).

Have fun picking out names!

Old 05-19-2007, 08:31 AM

6,266 posts, read 19,159,728 times
first off congrats on the baby!! I like the names you've selected. Emma is one of my favorite names as is Olivia. A lot of names will go with Rose. Let us all know what you decide. Good luck!

Last edited by Élan vital; 05-19-2007 at 08:32 AM.. Reason: corrections

Old 05-19-2007, 10:53 AM

2,800 posts, read 10,006,659 times
Congrats to you!!!!!
I'm going to be a first time grandma in a little over a month My daughter is having a girl and has been struggling to come up with something. But with the wonderful people on city data helping out, I have a nice list for her
In case you haven't run across my post here it is
Unique Baby Girl Names
It's ironic...if you look about half way down page 5 there is someone else (hiknapster) who has a daughter named scarlet rose lol

My daughter has narrowed it down pretty much (since last night) to:
Keira (pronounced Keera)
Brook
Kiara

As a couple of the posters suggested, on my thread, my daughter also liked the names Annika (which I really realy like THANK YOU tiffela74) and Devine Grace from Floridanative2
I'm sure she will change her likes again about 100 more times in the next month, and then probably will will STILL end up changing her mind at the last minute after the baby is born You can come up with all the names you want, but the day that baby arrives...you'll know the "right" name

Old 05-19-2007, 11:42 AM

2,091 posts, read 9,045,187 times
yyyeeaaahhhhh!!! my Annika is on again!! Youre way welcome Kawgpz500!!! you know, the only negative about her name, was I had dearly wanted to put her middle name after my Gramma. My Grammas name was Noma. Well, say it out loud togeather...Annika Noma. Sounds like something fatal. lol, so, out went that middle name, much to the delight of my stepmom since we chose her middle name as Annikas middle name. - btw, where I didnt like it at first, I love calling my girl Anni . I had a lady in starbucks stop me yesterday when I was calling Annika to my side and ask "What again is her name??" I told her and she says "That is the most beautiful and unique name!! I love it!!" awww.
Anyhow, much to my husbands dismay, I also frequently call her AnniLou. (her middle name is lynn. lol) -
I like A names too. I really really like the first two on FlyingGraces list!! Especially the first one!! Very very pretty and unique! btw, my other grandmas name was Ardella. kinda old fashioned.
Met someone recently whos name is Truly. Its her legal first name! I havent gotten the nerve to ask how that came about!! All i can picture is everyone asking "Are you TRULY pregnant?" and the reply being "TRULY!!" and that as a name sticking.
I also like the name Tabitha...you dont hear it much these days..
lets see, the recent list of new babies these last couple months that I know,
Carmen - Lucy - Brigette - Keirsten - Abigail - Allison - Neveah - Kianna - Jayden, thats just off the top of my head.
Baby names, what fun!!
Tiffany

Old 05-19-2007, 01:15 PM

5,047 posts, read 5,798,849 times
I like the name Keira ; its very popular in Ireland.

I also love the name Maeve, Abigail Kate.
Our older sons name is Rory ; in the USA it can be a girl or boys name. But in Ireland its only a boys name.
Good luck
dorothy

Old 05-19-2007, 01:19 PM

For a boy, I had really wanted to name my son Trask. Ive not heard of any other boy named that....I had liked it since i was a kid, got it from the Trask River. But my husband said it was too different. Of course, he wanted to name him either Albert or Larry, ugh. My all time fav. boys name is Joshua though. Hubby vetoed that too, He ended up being Ryan.

Old 05-19-2007, 01:20 PM

1,182 posts, read 1,429,557 times
Scarlett Rose is so pretty. So is Pearl Rose (my Aunt Pearl).

Old 05-19-2007, 02:24 PM

Teagan or Teegan are cute too.

Old 05-19-2007, 02:38 PM

550 posts, read 2,824,937 times
Congrats!

My favorite is Audry Rose.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting