Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-16-2009, 01:22 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,555,340 times

Advertisements

Your right, there is a high probability, they could have ended up on the internet. So, maybe OP should take precautions, I know its possible to lock a cell. The same way as you'd put parental locks on computers to prevent viewing. There's still the issue of violating privacy. I know nothing about the OPs parenting, so I don't want to make a judgment. This is a teen/step parent scenario, I know from my own experience the difficulties.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
No, the issue is if you take dirty pictures and send them electronically there is a high probability they will be seen by other people. It really doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that.

If you are ok with your kids or the neighbors or anyone else you know seeing them then go right ahead.

Old 12-16-2009, 01:24 AM

3,425 posts, read 6,308,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
No, the issue is if you take dirty pictures and send them electronically there is a high probability they will be seen by other people. It really doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that.

If you are ok with your kids or the neighbors or anyone else you know seeing them then go right ahead.
Don't even waste your time trying to teach grown up adults basic things that even little kids understand, some people are just MORONS,period. And they wonder why their kids, turn out to be strippers, drug addicts and criminals, "I was such a good parent, what happened !?!"

Old 12-16-2009, 01:27 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,555,340 times
Now your barking up the wrong tree dude, just save your moralistic judgments, I'm not going to put up with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
Don't even waste your time trying to teach grown up adults basic things that even little kids understand, some people are just MORONS,period. And they wonder why their kids, turn out to be strippers, drug addicts and criminals, "I was such a good parent, what happened !?!"

Old 12-16-2009, 05:27 AM

6,749 posts, read 22,080,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Nope you're wrong, it's time for them to start learning a few things about adult behavior and that their mom is not the bad woman you say.
Thank you Rakin.

Old 12-16-2009, 05:28 AM

744 posts, read 1,209,769 times
Not to throw something else in to make you think Missy, but I work with a guy who's wife has sent him pics before and he has actually shown them to some of the other guys here (kind of bragging) and I am sure he has never shared that with her. I think taking pics and forwarding them electronically unfortunately falls into the category of you got what you deserved. You may want to play games like that with your husband but a little thought of what could happen normally would come in for an ADULT. There are consequences for every decision in life some good and some bad. As far as how to handle the situation now would be an explanation on how this is wrong for your kids to do and that you now realize that is was not the best decision you have made. Being 16 she probably knows everything already but seeing how this has hurt you may help reinforce the lesson. Good luck....

Old 12-16-2009, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzie02 View Post
BTW: being married for 3 years is no guarantee that there will not be a divorce that could turn nasty and the pictures end up in the internet. JMO.
My husband would never, ever ever be so hateful to do something like that. EVER.

Old 12-16-2009, 05:32 AM

Well, I am ignoring the holier-then-thou judgemental people and want to thank those who actually gave decent advice. My girls seem to be over it already... they got ready for school and acted like nothing ever happened. Their Dad talked to them too and let them know that as adults who are married it is ok for us to do but it is not ok for them to be messing with our stuff. It's all going to be ok

Old 12-16-2009, 05:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureBrennanDad View Post
Not to throw something else in to make you think Missy, but I work with a guy who's wife has sent him pics before and he has actually shown them to some of the other guys here (kind of bragging) and I am sure he has never shared that with her. I think taking pics and forwarding them electronically unfortunately falls into the category of you got what you deserved. You may want to play games like that with your husband but a little thought of what could happen normally would come in for an ADULT. There are consequences for every decision in life some good and some bad. As far as how to handle the situation now would be an explanation on how this is wrong for your kids to do and that you now realize that is was not the best decision you have made. Being 16 she probably knows everything already but seeing how this has hurt you may help reinforce the lesson. Good luck....
I have already made my stance on this subject. to me that is like saying if you leave your door unlocked it is ok for someone to come in and rob your house. Common decency says you don't walk into someone's house and steal their stuff and you don't go snooping around in someone's things even though you were warned not to.

Old 12-16-2009, 06:05 AM

4,469 posts, read 7,195,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missymomof3 View Post
I like sending him things like that while he is at work because it is fun and it gets things heated early. My girls are teenagers and know better then to mess with other peoples things.
Well, apparently they don't.
And the pictures may be fine, limited to you and your dh-- but frankly, you can't guarantee they'll stay limited. He innocently lets a coworker use his phone, or somebody steals it, and you're screwed-- and not in the way you're hoping.

Old 12-16-2009, 06:11 AM

4,469 posts, read 7,195,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
You aren't getting my point. I'm talking about the GIRLS, and what they are taking away from this. You haven't heard all the crap lately about "sexting" from teen girls? That is what needs to be addressed here.
It's actually a good object lesson-- the girls have just seen how easily the photos can be found, and the opinions others form about the sender's relative virtue and intelligence.
Hopefully they won't have to see it follow its logical conclusion, wherein Mom becomes the hot topic at office time show & tell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting