Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-16-2009, 07:32 AM

6,749 posts, read 22,080,858 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by formercalifornian View Post
That's a relief! If an employer gave him the phone, then they can legally monitor his text messages.
Boy would they get an eyeful lol

Old 12-16-2009, 07:32 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,692,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by formercalifornian View Post
That's a relief! If an employer gave him the phone, then they can legally monitor his text messages.
Workplace emails are like that too. Our company has a policy that we can use business email for personal use -- however they do monitor it and use those filters. One employee chose to use the work email to tell her husband what she intended to do with him and to him that evening and some of her words didn't make it through the filters. She got called into the office to explain, wasn't fired but if you want privacy, you have to think ahead.

Old 12-16-2009, 07:38 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,692,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missymomof3 View Post
He works in construction, his phone never leaves his pocket at work and he only looks at the pictures in his car during lunch break. I have addressed their sexting issue already.. number one: I am a a married adult. number two: If I drink and am over 21, does it give my teens the green light to drink?

not to mention they don't have the means.
That's the right approach - you're married, they're not, and you can tell them they already know married people are supposed to have sex and are supposed to be sexual, -- so that really is no issue. That's not news to them, so the issue really is their snooping when they knew they should not have snooped.

Old 12-16-2009, 07:38 AM

11,642 posts, read 23,907,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missymomof3 View Post
LOL You all have a knack for making the awful light hearted. No, they weren't on a computer they were on my husbands cell phone. What I did wasn't wrong... the girls meddling around and messing with things they have been told thousands of times not to was. as far as what the 16 year old thinks she was probably just being dramatic. She's good at that.
You hit the nail on the head. You didn't do anything wrong. I am not sure why anyone would say that you did.

Neither of you is underage, you are both consenting adults who are married. There is nothing wrong with spicing up the sex life to keep the sparks going. I would basically tell her that your sex life with your husband (her father??) is none of her business and leave it at that.

Old 12-16-2009, 07:39 AM

18,470 posts, read 31,635,068 times
In a few years you will all laugh,
but think about it logically, you are the parent, you do not have to justify yourself to your child. That sounds harsh, but I do think it is true...........kids always think their parents are corny (lol) anyway.... LOL

Old 12-16-2009, 07:39 AM

2,383 posts, read 6,057,979 times
Hey Missy!
This will turn into a joke one day, I promise!!! I found some pics of my mom and step-father doing 'stuff' about 8 years ago and now I make fun of them, but initially I was totally grossed out! The idea of my mom doing anything with anyone makes me want to gag, but to then see pics of it, PUKE! So, your girls are going to have the same feelings, and with good reason, but one day, this will turn around and ya'll will laugh about it!
Good luck chica!

Old 12-16-2009, 07:40 AM

6,497 posts, read 11,814,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
What a stupid response! Blame it all on the kids and they don't have the right to feel the way they do when they come across something as inappropriate as this.

I feel like the kids probably have more common sense than their parents, and you wonder why kids are so ****ed up these days! Most parents in this country are freaking idiots with no common sense.
No, it's not my response that's stupid. Who the hell said anything about blaming the kids? You must be a woman if that's what you read. Who the hell said anything about the kids' feelings??? You must be a woman if that's your main concern. What the hell is inappropriate about it? It's between a man and his wife. What was inappropriate was the 14 yr old sharing it with the 16 yr old, and the 16 yr old calling her mother names, and probably a filthy one if it was censored about of the post. The only thing the the parents did wrong was leave the cell phone where a nosy 14 yr old can get it.

Get a grip, they're married adults. If you were to try to have a little fun like this, you could probably loosen up enought of pull that stick out of your nether region.

Old 12-16-2009, 07:44 AM

6,749 posts, read 22,080,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
In a few years you will all laugh,
but think about it logically, you are the parent, you do not have to justify yourself to your child. That sounds harsh, but I do think it is true...........kids always think their parents are corny (lol) anyway.... LOL
I completely agree. Once again thank you all for being so awesome!

Old 12-16-2009, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
Nope. The "issue" isn't the relationship -- it's whether it's appropriate to send nude pics of oneself to phones and cyberspace. It's about modesty, respect, public nudity (anyone who thinks that cyberspace and cell phones are "private" and "safe" is deluded), and appropriateness.

MTV is doing a campaign to alert kids about how problematic sexting is. Maybe they should do a campaign for the mums, too.
Oh brother, it is the CONTEXT of the relationship in which all this occurred. It's between the husband and wife, and there's nothing wrong wit it.

Old 12-16-2009, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
And you wonder why kids are so ****ed up these days. Parents have absolutely no morals, values, no concept of right and wrong, modesty, respect or common sense. If you don't want to scar these kids for life, you better not tell them that sexting is WRONG or that you "made a mistake". Kids can see through BS and lies like nobody else.
And while she's at it, she may as well tell them having sex with her husband while they're in the house is wrong, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting