Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2009, 06:11 AM

1,279 posts, read 4,771,414 times

Advertisements

I have boy/ girl twins, and am looking for ideas what to get them for their birthday (mid February) and as presents from their younger sister, who will arrive at the end of February and bring them presents too.

For Christmas, they got "big boy/ girl beds" and bedding, new shoes (light up ones for him, elmo for her), some board books and wooden puzzles, and a Cookie Monster DVD for the car. They have lots of soft toys and wooden building blocks already. My girl loves drawing, anything cow elated and Sesame Street, especially Cookie Monster and Grover. My boy loves fire trucks, and anything with buttons he can press that makes noise or electronic stuff.

For their birthday, I was thinking tricycles, but while the boy is ready, I am not sure the girl is co-ordinated enough. Plus I am not sure I want them to ride the tricycles inside, and it'll be very cold!

From their younger sister, it obviously needs to be something small enough to pack in my bag so it can be presented to the twins when they come visit me and the new baby in hospital- I am thinking maybe aquadoodle stuff?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2009, 08:49 AM

2,568 posts, read 6,750,868 times
Do you have a play kitchen? Do they have their own baby dolls to take care of while you take care of your new baby? My dd used to push her stroller with her baby while I pushed my whenever we went out.
Most kids do not figure out tricycles until 3yo.

Old 12-29-2009, 10:22 AM

2,856 posts, read 10,433,997 times
How about a book about being a big sibling?? My son was given one when his little sister was born as a gift from an aunt and it was a sweet story.

Old 12-30-2009, 01:44 PM

897 posts, read 2,455,257 times
Big sister/big brother shirts- my son gave his big sister who was 2 1/2 a lego foldable table with legos-
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting