U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 01-17-2012, 07:48 AM

1,278 posts, read 3,706,743 times

Advertisements

This might be a crazy thought, but have you had his hearing checked? I have a good friend whose son was very sweet but got frustrated and angry easily. He's a very bright kid and was able to 'outsmart' several early hearing tests. He could hear enough to get by, the only real sign was speech delay. He was a much happier kid after he got his hearing aids.
I just wondered if he was reading your or your husbands lips when you're alone with him, but when everyone's around he can't keep up and gets frustrated. I don't know how to explain him doing well in preschool though. I'm probably wrong, but just something to think about as what you describe sounds a lot like the problems my friend was having with her child.
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2012, 08:59 AM

7 posts, read 3,919 times
We had Jesse's hearing tested, he has "perfect hearing" according to his results. Thanks for your response!!!

Old 01-17-2012, 09:08 AM

7 posts, read 3,919 times
In SOME ways I get what you say as I USED to sort of feel the same way!!! That these Out of Control kids NEEDED Discipline!!! What you don't know IS that for SOME reason, NO kind of discipline works on SOME kids!!! It goes MUCH DEEPER than that!!! Super Nanny has some great ideas yes and for MANY kids her ideas work, BUT; for SOME "Special" kids nothing seems to work!!!

I also have a 14 yr old son, he was easy to raise, discipline etc. Time Out, 1-2-3 worked on him till he was 11. To this day, at 14 he knows what is right wrong & what is gonna get him in BIG Time Crap!!! I never would've imagined that I could have a child be the way my 3 yr old is!!! It's NOT lack of discipline!!! AND; NO we do NOT give in or cave to shut him up!!! NO is NO is Always NO!!! Some kids have BIGGER ISSUES than what you are saying!!!

Old 04-09-2012, 02:56 PM

1 posts, read 466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
Seems like he has some pretty serious anger issues. Probably does not appreciate being abandoned every day of his life since he was a year old. Have you considered being a parent? Staying home and teaching him how to be a human being instead of a product of an institutionalized system. You have until he is 5, but if you don't fix him before then, you're really going to have a situation. God help you when he turns 14.

I have a dear friend who has seven of the most perfect children I have ever laid eyes on. When they misbehave they get a "whuppin'" Needless to say after once or twice, they do not misbehave any longer. Of course, the mother has never worked and spends all her time being a mom.

It shows.

20yrsinBranson
Unfortunately in this day and age everyone has to work, I'm sure all mommy's would love to be home with their children it's just not possible. My husband and I make a "comfortable" living, enough to maintain our own home, cars and extras. Even then we both still have to work. So your lucky "friend" is either very comfortable to stay home with 7 children or living off the dime of the hardworking people who cannot be home with their own children trying to give them a better life.
Not all children are built the same way, some are more challenging than others. I'm sure your friend has methods of discipline she doesn't divuldge to avoid judgment.
Shame on you opening your mouth with no children/experience of your own, who are you to judge. 20 yrs anywhere has obviously given you no sense at all.

Old 04-10-2012, 08:38 AM

7,709 posts, read 9,574,477 times
This thread was started in 2010, the kid is 5 now!

Old 07-23-2013, 02:38 PM

2 posts, read 444 times
Default Not enough sleep?

When you all say not enough sleep for an out of control 3yr old, what do you do when they quit taking naps, wont go to sleep until 9:30 (even if they are in the bed by 7 or 8) and are up and wide awake at 6am?

Old 07-23-2013, 02:44 PM

2 posts, read 444 times
I absolutely agree with you cookalamb, most people have to work and/or have special circumstances, (my husband and I are raising a 3yr old and 1yr old grandsons) and sometime children have special needs. If you don't have children or grands, you must not assume!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting