U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 02:10 PM

658 posts, read 2,186,167 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
If they were giving the kids shots to make them sleepy, how would the police explain the blood? I wonder if Gretchin did not hit on something important. Maybe the little girl banged her head and went out looking for the parents and was grabbed outside the hotel. I think there was such a small amount of blood in the room, but maybe a small bump or cut would cause the child to go seeking mom and dad.
they found the blood in the trunk of their rental car which was rented a day before they were gonna leave even though they didnt need to rent one because they were being driven around by ppl and the cops
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2007, 12:26 PM

9,321 posts, read 16,133,484 times
News now has the little girl taking an overdose of sleeping pills.

Old 09-15-2007, 08:24 PM

345 posts, read 1,425,341 times
i don't know what the laws are or anything...but shouldn't the parents be charged for "drugging" the children ...

also, i agree with others, there would be NO way i would ever leave my kids alone like that...... could not even imagine it without an uneasy feeling coming over me of how wrong that is....

Old 09-16-2007, 12:26 PM

15,371 posts, read 33,759,682 times
My question simply is "WHY in HE## would parents leave a 4 yr old alone in a house/apartment for ANY reason? and WHY would any court allow those same parents to keep custody of the other child??????????????????

Old 09-16-2007, 10:41 PM

16,487 posts, read 20,332,656 times
There are 2 other children besides Maddie, 2 yr. old boy/girl twins. Apparently while on vacation in a resort in Portugal they left all 3 children alone in their room with the french doors unlocked to have dinner with friends. This had not been the first time they did this on their holiday. The Portuguese community has been very put off by them leaving the children, as it is common in Portugal to eat dinner late and it is a very family oriented country. People bring their children to dinner and do not put them to bed early like this. The community is also put off by the fact that even though the family was on vacation they would often put the children into a crèche, or daycare, during the day. The police and community has wondered why Kate McCann washed the stuffed cat, Cuddle Cat, that was her daughter's security toy. Kate is seen constantly carrying the cat with her. Being as it has the smell of her missing daughter it was confusing to police why she would wash it. There has been so much published, some of which I suppose is true and some not. It has been published that hair and blood were found in a rental car truck they rented for one day and that it was connected to Maddie. There has been things said that implied Maddie was drugged to sleep or accidently overdosed. I read that the police when first called to the room never roused the twins despite the fact that there were about 20 people in and out of the room, people crying, photos being taken, lots of nosie. I read tonight that was not correct about the hair and blood, so who knows. There are so many countries and news agencies covering this. Under increasing pressure, investigation, and accusations the McCanns left Portugal and returned home to Britian, where they felt safe, were near family and friends, and to get legal counsel. As a mother I feel for anyone in a situation with a missing, possible deceased child, but also as a mother, I would NEVER have left 1 child, nevertheless 3 children that age alone like that. The bottom line is Maddie would be safe at home with her family if she had not been left. I hope the parents are not involved. That is always so hard to fathom, yet I remember being so stunned by the case of that young mother years ago that drowned both of her very young sons in her car. She was going to commit suicide with them in the car and drive it into the lake and changed her mind and just let those poor boys go into the lake in their car seats and die. She then spent weeks pleading for thier return, even dragging her ex-husband, neighbors, family and community into it. You just never know but I think things will really begin to un-fold these next few weeks.

Old 05-04-2009, 07:53 AM

2 posts, read 2,651 times
This little girl did not deserve this , she should not have been left alone , now the parents are sad and feeling sorry for themselves , have all the publicity and attention like they are the victims . Now everyone is feeling sorry for them . They are selfish. I feel the parents are at fault . This is a horrible story and no child should be put through this because of a parents carelessness and neglect. (CARMA). love ,respect, and take care of your children.

Old 05-04-2009, 07:55 AM

2 posts, read 2,651 times
If the police place the parents in custody for neglect /abuse I bet things will begin to unfold. And stories will be told...

Old 05-04-2009, 09:47 AM

1,122 posts, read 1,967,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencrayola View Post
I have 4 children and I cannot imagine my life without any of them, so I cannot imagine what these parents are going through.
Despite that, who leaves 3 very young children alone in a motel room while they go eat? These are not red-neck trailer trash that just fell off the turnip truck, these are two highly educated physicians. If anyone should know better they should.
Red-necked trailer trash vs "educated" physicians...In many cases, it's the "educated" parents children who have all the problems...too little parental interaction because of demanding work...parents who think that they have the money and don't need to put anything more into their kids while they are running around with odious little attitudes. I guess in my head...the poor, dirty, unkempt, shoeless, too-short bibs kids are the ones who wave at you when you drive by on the road and are the one with manners, addressing you properly in the grocery store and have more respect for their parents, growing up in a much closer family who, by no choice, teach their children the value of hard work, and are just happy to get a box of peaches or apples from your garden while the little rich kids complain that their new hundreds of dollars worth of clothes just aren't good enough. Of course the "protected" little rich and educated kids are easy targets.

I have seen it both ways...

Old 05-04-2009, 12:00 PM

13,104 posts, read 17,640,353 times
I;m sorry but i have no sympathy for these people . who goes to dinner with friends and leaves their children in the hotel room alone ? No one I know who has a shred of parental responsibilty . These two adults or are supposed to be adults leave their children just to go and have a nice evening out . well for gods sake hire a nanny or babysitter for the trip then if you know you are going to be going out with friends foreign country or not . I am so angry with these parents who think it is quite all right to just up and out without their kids . Nope sorry I have no tendancy to feel sorry one bit for them . and Oprah should have her head examined for having them on her show , shame for shame on Oprah and publicizing their grief which is all an act in my opinion .!!!!

Old 05-04-2009, 01:28 PM

16,487 posts, read 20,332,656 times
These people are wealthy enough they could have a nanny they bring along with them on vacations, like many wealthy people do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or