U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2007, 05:27 PM

15,533 posts, read 35,646,549 times

Advertisements

I just relentlessly nag at everyone to sit down when they pee. Rather than listen to me constantly b-itch about the toilet situation, they just go sitting down. How do I know this? When they sit down it's not as loud as when they are standing up. Have I emasculated them? Probably, but my toilets and the floors around them are presentable most of the time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2007, 05:48 PM

2,484 posts, read 7,900,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
I just relentlessly nag at everyone to sit down when they pee. Rather than listen to me constantly b-itch about the toilet situation, they just go sitting down. How do I know this? When they sit down it's not as loud as when they are standing up. Have I emasculated them? Probably, but my toilets and the floors around them are presentable most of the time.
...boys can pee sitting down? Looks like I missed that lesson of anatomy in school

Old 06-06-2007, 01:39 PM

550 posts, read 2,541,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
I don't want my boys to turn out like Jack Nicholson in About Schmidt. He hated his wife for making him do that! I live in a house full of boys so have to pick my battles. Right now we are working on not farting at the table when I am there!

Old 06-06-2007, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoe View Post
I don't want my boys to turn out like Jack Nicholson in About Schmidt. He hated his wife for making him do that! I live in a house full of boys so have to pick my battles. Right now we are working on not farting at the table when I am there!
Ahhh, the hubby probably already hates me anyway! That's okay, he'll get over it. I think they sit down just when they know I might hear them because otherwise I know they stand up. Maybe they're just extra careful or they clean up after themselves. But at any rate, I put the fear of God into them and they better damn well pay attention!

Old 06-06-2007, 02:51 PM

550 posts, read 2,541,006 times
Well good for you! I wish I had your ability to scare your men Maybe I will tell them all that I am going to stand at the door every time they go pee. Or, maybe they should go outside!!!! After all they always brag about being able to

Old 06-06-2007, 03:41 PM

3,434 posts, read 8,795,244 times
please aim...the next guy may be barefoot...

sign in a truck repair shop

if you have plenty of trees outside, go behind one of those-lol

Old 06-06-2007, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoe View Post
Well good for you! I wish I had your ability to scare your men Maybe I will tell them all that I am going to stand at the door every time they go pee. Or, maybe they should go outside!!!! After all they always brag about being able to
The one time I DID go pee outside (I'm female) I thought I was on a secluded dirt road - then came the cars and the school bus full of kids!

Old 06-06-2007, 09:43 PM

1,173 posts, read 5,430,439 times
I wouldn't force them to sit or wait outside the door. You'll pay for it years later in therapy bills and resentment. In seriousness though, it is a big deal because they're doing something daddy does and it's important as they will equate sitting with repression of their sexual identity. It's kinda castrating and you don't want to be a castrating mother. Use other methods.

Old 06-06-2007, 09:54 PM

3 posts, read 4,960 times
My husband has been sitting down to pee since college. His compulsive friend demanded all guests sit to pee as he didn't want to clean up any "peeps". That was eighteen years ago. It made sense to my husband, didn't threaten his masculinity and our three year-old son will likely follow dad's behavior- at home.

I guess I don't understand why males stand to pee at home? I understand it's handy outdoors and urinals, but otherwise wouldn't sitting make more sense?

DeAnn

Old 06-06-2007, 10:33 PM

2,484 posts, read 7,900,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeAnn T View Post
My husband has been sitting down to pee since college. His compulsive friend demanded all guests sit to pee as he didn't want to clean up any "peeps". That was eighteen years ago. It made sense to my husband, didn't threaten his masculinity and our three year-old son will likely follow dad's behavior- at home.

I guess I don't understand why males stand to pee at home? I understand it's handy outdoors and urinals, but otherwise wouldn't sitting make more sense?

DeAnn
I actually asked my boyfriend this and according to him, generally, it is fine to sit down to pee but in the mornings, when they have their "woodie", its really difficult because it would mean bending it unnaturally and even if they do get it in the toilet, it'd push up against the rim and hurt.

...Yes I asked him if he was speaking from experience and he only pouted
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or