U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2007, 10:18 AM

550 posts, read 2,540,667 times

Advertisements

Yeah, yeah, that has turned out to be a joke! I have 3 boys and am starting to get annoyed at their non-ability to get their pee into the toilet every time. Sometimes I will go in the washroom and there will be pee on the floor beside the toilet and almost always on the base of the toilet. Is it really impossible for little boys (9&6) to hit the toilet every time?

I am pretty sure my 14 year old doesn't add to the mess but then again, do my husband and teen contribute to the smell and mess?

Please help me! I am living with 4 boys and no girls! I need to figure out how to fix this sticky, smelly situation!!

Oh yes and boys.....always lift up the seat. There is nothing grosser than forgetting to look for a pee free seat.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2007, 10:30 AM

2,327 posts, read 6,080,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoe View Post
Oh yes and boys.....always lift up the seat. There is nothing grosser than forgetting to look for a pee free seat.......
This is infurating during those unfortunate occasions when I have to drop a deuce in a public men's restroom. I've been in bathrooms that contained over 12 stalls and not ONE housed a toilet whose seat was free of little yellow droplets. DISGUSTING!

A line I saw etched into a stall wall at the Oak Ridge (Tenn.) public library circa 1994 sums it up best:

"Be like Daddy, not like Sis. Lift the seat before you pi$$!"

Old 05-25-2007, 10:58 AM

Quote:
"Be like Daddy, not like Sis. Lift the seat before you pi$$!"
That is a great one! Wish I could say that to my boys, sounds more to the point!

In public washrooms the trick is to not sit on the seat without making a mess. It makes for strong thigh muscles!

Old 05-25-2007, 11:36 AM

3,413 posts, read 7,833,178 times
Mine is 14 and still manages to make quite a mess out of the bathroom. My solution? I've been making him clean the toilet twice a week since he was 7. It doesn't improve his aim but at least I don't have to touch it.

Old 05-25-2007, 11:41 AM

3,684 posts, read 10,839,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate girl View Post
Mine is 14 and still manages to make quite a mess out of the bathroom. My solution? I've been making him clean the toilet twice a week since he was 7. It doesn't improve his aim but at least I don't have to touch it.
My little guy is 5 and he is terrible at missing...so to make a point that it's important to pay attention (because literally if he hears a noise in there he turns, and sprays where ever it may land!) I have been making him clean up his own mess too. There has been great improvement, not from the regular "aim" problems...but as far as the all over the place problems it's the best thing ever!

Old 05-25-2007, 11:44 AM

I can't do that though, who do I blame it on? I would have to check the bathroom after each use!

Old 05-25-2007, 11:47 AM

1,372 posts, read 4,755,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoe View Post
Yeah, yeah, that has turned out to be a joke! I have 3 boys and am starting to get annoyed at their non-ability to get their pee into the toilet every time. Sometimes I will go in the washroom and there will be pee on the floor beside the toilet and almost always on the base of the toilet. Is it really impossible for little boys (9&6) to hit the toilet every time?

I am pretty sure my 14 year old doesn't add to the mess but then again, do my husband and teen contribute to the smell and mess?

Please help me! I am living with 4 boys and no girls! I need to figure out how to fix this sticky, smelly situation!!

YESYESYESYESYES IF THEY ARE MALE THEY DO IT

My husband even admitted to it

something to do with the male anatomy in the early morning when they have to go potty badly and the aren't quite (ummmmmm struggling to describe it without sounding gross)
ok they have a peepee hard on and can't make it direct into the toilet well
he said yes even small boys have this occurance

ok now i have totally shot my image
but that was what my husband told me

no weird mail please

Old 05-25-2007, 12:08 PM

1,173 posts, read 5,429,881 times
Yes, morning erections can contribute to the issue, particularly if to compensate you sit on the toilet, lean forward, and manage to get exactly between the bowl and the seat.

Another problem, particularly for post-pubertal males is that the meatus of the penis can become blocked by stray hair or dried semen and you don't always notice it so, like a garden hose with your finger over it, the spray goes everywhere. The solution to this is to squeeze the head (forum software censors the proper word) slightly to open the meatus completely before voiding.

There may also be an issue of getting the last few drops of urine. Sometimes urine stays in the urethra and then dribbles out resulting in drops right in front of the toilet or, more comically, the frog-in-the-pocket look. The solution to this is to run a finger along the underside of the penis, squeezing it slightly to force out the last few drops before stepping away from the toilet.

If your boys are intact they may need to pull back the foreskin slightly before urinating as urine can get trapped in the foreskin resulting in the same droplet issue.

Have some pity for us. Men have two sphincters to control, women have only one. Which is why when women really need to go they NEED TO GO. Our urine travels a lot further and has to get through both the sphincters plus it has to share the plumbing with another bodily fluid. There are a lot of tubes and glands and things down there compared to the female urinary tract.

Particularly with your younger ones, I say you have no one to blame but their father. I suggest you tell him to sit down with them an explain urinating etiquette including how to use toilet paper to wipe the bowl and why they shouldn't pee with the seat down unless they're sitting on it. If they've got morning wood, which is natural and healthy, sit down, lean forward, and you should be good to go. There's really no excuse. I say lay down the law or install a urinal. There are some very hygenic home urinals that aren't ugly, don't smell, fold neatly into the wall, and will save you a ton of water.

Of course your husband/boy's father will pay for it

Old 05-25-2007, 12:32 PM

DG64 - I always wondered how they could go with the morning thing! I am glad you mentioned it first.

Oh my gosh, Jason, you have me laughing so hard I am crying!!!! I really appreciate your honesty though. I totally have a new understanding of the male pee problems! The garden hose example is TOO FUNNY!!!!!

Old 05-25-2007, 12:34 PM

3,684 posts, read 10,839,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_Els View Post
Particularly with your younger ones, I say you have no one to blame but their father. I suggest you tell him to sit down with them an explain urinating etiquette including how to use toilet paper to wipe the bowl and why they shouldn't pee with the seat down unless they're sitting on it. If they've got morning wood, which is natural and healthy, sit down, lean forward, and you should be good to go. There's really no excuse. I say lay down the law or install a urinal. There are some very hygenic home urinals that aren't ugly, don't smell, fold neatly into the wall, and will save you a ton of water.

Of course your husband/boy's father will pay for it
I just love any man who gives me a reason to blame my husband for something!...LOL

Oh and thanks for all the technical info...that was welcomed as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or