Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2010, 07:06 AM

2,002 posts, read 4,584,573 times

Advertisements

How awful! Some people shouldn't have kids
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2010, 07:14 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,458,432 times
Quote:
I'm so shocked by the title, I can't even bring myself to read the article.
Right there with you....,

Old 01-23-2010, 12:15 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
I keep asking myself - WHAT WAS SHE THINKING???

HOW in the hell do you get to that kind of conclusion - what depravity in her life led her to think this was an acceptable way to discipline her child???

Old 01-23-2010, 12:47 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,049,575 times
Okay. I dared to open the article and read the caption below the photograph and scanned some article quickly (without exposing myself to details.)

The mother has been charged one count each of animal cruelty, child cruelty and battery.

Child Protective Services were notified---who in turn notified the police.

The boy and his siblings are in DEFACS custody.

Police: Georgia Mom Forced Son To Kill Hamster - Atlanta News Story - WGCL Atlanta

Thank God they took her children away from her!

Old 01-23-2010, 01:04 PM

324 posts, read 573,728 times
This is pretty white-black clear matter. I don't think, anyone is going to justify the mother's behaviour.
She is quite a dumb ass.

I was about 15 when I killed a fish for a christmas dinner, first time in my life. I had to psych myself to do that. It was also my last time...

Old 01-23-2010, 01:08 PM

2,540 posts, read 6,230,742 times
What next, the family dog? This mother is really twisted. I'm glad the children have been taken away.

Old 01-23-2010, 02:34 PM

2,540 posts, read 6,230,742 times
Here's another link w/ some interesting comments of people who know the mom and are defending.

"She took the gerbil (yes, gerbil not hamster) out of the boy's room as punishment for not doing his school homework. The family cat got to the gerbil and killed it."

"The animal involved was a gerbil, not a hamster as reported. The 13 year old, soon to be 14 years not 12 years old as reported, did not bring home a report card, the teacher called Lynn at work and told her about his poor performance. Lynn has had many conferences and worked diligently over the years with this child's teachers to help him be a good student and a good human being. These are facts: Lynn is a mother who is very much involved with her children. She has helped the 13 year old with homework for years. He has had lots of extra toutoring after school and during the summers. He has even had special toutoring at Sylvan Learning Center in LaGrange. He is a child that has problems telling the truth. Some of us encourage our children not to spend time with him, because he lies so much."

"I agree that reports like this should NOT be taken lightly and the FACTS need to be found out...BUT I know Lynn and have worked with this kid (in a classroom atmosphere as a teacher) and I doubt HIGHLY that the alligations are true. This kid had major issues, I saw her as a loving and patient mom who struggled and worried over his behavior alot. In knowing the kid too, I felt sorry for the parents and thanked God I had normal kids."

http://www.truecrimereport.com/2010/...l.php#comments

I'm not sure what to think now, but hopefully the truth will come out.

Old 01-23-2010, 05:27 PM

1,963 posts, read 4,983,037 times
This lady is a phsycopath. I feel bad for the son that he has to be brought up by this person.

Old 01-23-2010, 05:35 PM

2,538 posts, read 3,876,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahskye View Post
Here's another link w/ some interesting comments of people who know the mom and are defending.

"She took the gerbil (yes, gerbil not hamster) out of the boy's room as punishment for not doing his school homework. The family cat got to the gerbil and killed it."

"The animal involved was a gerbil, not a hamster as reported. The 13 year old, soon to be 14 years not 12 years old as reported, did not bring home a report card, the teacher called Lynn at work and told her about his poor performance. Lynn has had many conferences and worked diligently over the years with this child's teachers to help him be a good student and a good human being. These are facts: Lynn is a mother who is very much involved with her children. She has helped the 13 year old with homework for years. He has had lots of extra toutoring after school and during the summers. He has even had special toutoring at Sylvan Learning Center in LaGrange. He is a child that has problems telling the truth. Some of us encourage our children not to spend time with him, because he lies so much."

"I agree that reports like this should NOT be taken lightly and the FACTS need to be found out...BUT I know Lynn and have worked with this kid (in a classroom atmosphere as a teacher) and I doubt HIGHLY that the alligations are true. This kid had major issues, I saw her as a loving and patient mom who struggled and worried over his behavior alot. In knowing the kid too, I felt sorry for the parents and thanked God I had normal kids."

http://www.truecrimereport.com/2010/...l.php#comments

I'm not sure what to think now, but hopefully the truth will come out.
Very interesting comments, I guess we will all have to wait for some semblance of truth. The one comment by a "teacher" had many grammatical errors, which I find strange. Sad story indeed.

Old 01-08-2018, 09:04 PM

1,149 posts, read 934,829 times
Wtf is up with these parents? That punishment is very disturbing. Worse then the dad who had the kid destroy his Xbox.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting