U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Labor Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2010, 06:02 PM

5,748 posts, read 6,841,607 times
Just sending positive thoughts your way.

Also, regarding your question about insurance coverage...yes, the baby would be covered if you legally adopt him/her, which would include severing your sister's parental rights permanently. It would be the same if you were granted temporary guardianship. Either way, the courts would be involved. I don't suggest pursuing either one of these options informally.

Old 01-24-2010, 08:22 PM

2,605 posts, read 2,462,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahskye View Post
I'm thinking you can go to your original post and click on the red outlined triangle in the right corner and explain you want this thread closed due to rudeness.
Rudeness? The question was asked. Because she doesn't like the answers doesn't mean people are being rude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kahskye View Post
I don't think you have the right to suggest anyone should abort their baby. This doesn't effect your life, only hers. She will live w/ her choice, not you.
What???

The pregnant one WANTS an abortion. Who are you to say she shouldn't have one?? Because you don't approve doesn't mean we all have to agree with you.

And I have the right to offer any opinion I have since it was asked on a forum.

Old 01-24-2010, 08:58 PM
Status: "Never have a battle of wits with someone who is unarmed." (set 19 days ago)

23,212 posts, read 14,633,616 times
My experience has been that most moderators are seeing all the things that happen, good and bad and just decide to let them ride the wave. every now and then they step in to straighten a few people out but I've seen and was even the victim of some pretty nasty, malicious posts by cyberbullies and it had nothing to do with opinions. Some people on CD can be really snarky.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting