Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2010, 12:17 PM

1,963 posts, read 4,982,321 times

Advertisements

Another thing that I wanted to add in light of the way the op has been treated. It`s obvious how narcissitic our society is. Narcissits don`t have a conscious. They can`t put themselves in other peoples shoes. Therefore, it doesn`t bother their conscious to treat people like crap. That`s what is happening on this thread and also happens on other threads. It`s just a sign of what`s happening to our society.

Old 02-01-2010, 12:19 PM

2,605 posts, read 4,692,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by opalminor View Post
Exactly!! Now if we can only post this on a giant billboard for all the world to see.. (or at least in America, where 95% of grown English-speaking adults can't seem to speak or spell their own language anymore.... and somehow don't think it's important!)
OK back to topic....
Hmm, 95%? From where did you pull that figure?

Old 02-01-2010, 12:27 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,504,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cl723 View Post
Another thing that I wanted to add in light of the way the op has been treated. It`s obvious how narcissitic our society is. Narcissits don`t have a conscious. They can`t put themselves in other peoples shoes. Therefore, it doesn`t bother their conscious to treat people like crap. That`s what is happening on this thread and also happens on other threads. It`s just a sign of what`s happening to our society.
While there may be more than just a kernel of truth to that statement, I also believe that another bad sign of what's happening to our society is how free people make to spill the most intimate and personal details of their private lives to an anonymous public audience and then expect nothing but an outpouring of emotional support and understanding in response. That expectation is narcissism in its own right, plain and simple. Free speech works both ways, and one must accept the responsibilities and consequences that lie with that fact.

The original post was written somewhat like a page out of a script for a Lifetime movie, and it should come as no surprise except to the most hypersensitive of people that the response would most certainly include a smattering of doubt and ridicule.

If the OP wants nothing but gentle understanding and positive feedback she needs the assistance of individual sessions with a licensed therapist, not a forum of individual strangers from locations far and wide.

Old 02-01-2010, 12:39 PM

1,963 posts, read 4,982,321 times
Of course I disagree with you. Another excuse is being made toward others who chose to be jerks. That`s very narcissitic in itself. You are condoning bad behavior by rationalizing it for whatever purpose suites you.

Old 02-01-2010, 12:44 PM

3,464 posts, read 1,896,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by montaukmadness View Post
It was just so shocking. I know there are signs some look for, but some kids show no signs. My daughter didn't. Being told your child is gay versus walking in on them are two different things, especially if you had no reason to suspect.

It's all too much.

ever think that mayby you should've knocked on her door??????

Old 02-01-2010, 12:47 PM

8,003 posts, read 11,722,203 times
Quote:
Of course I disagree with you. Another excuse is being made toward others who chose to be jerks. That`s very narcissitic in itself. You are condoning bad behavior by rationalizing it for whatever purpose suites you.
I shudder at the "karma" which will be returning to the non-compassionate people out there. Do unto others---because when it returns to you, you will know how horrific the pain is you've inflicted on them.

Old 02-01-2010, 12:51 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,504,883 times
Quote:
I don't condone bad behavior. I condone free speech, as unpleasant as it may sometimes be. Spilling your soul to an anonymous internet forum is not a wise choice, and is one that will come with consequences. Championing the rights and feelings of a complete stranger for which no true background is evident is as much as right as is the decision of others to remain suspicious and even unfeeling of ones' anonymous claims.

Old 02-01-2010, 12:53 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,741,423 times
I think the OP is done with this thread, I know I would be if I were her.

Old 02-01-2010, 01:33 PM

1,474 posts, read 2,917,836 times
[quote=beachmel;12689978]
Very, very few people are BORN gay.....the rest are simply playing with fire and are throwing fits because they can't manipulate others into agreeing with them!!!!![/quote]

Please provide a link with something to back this up.

Old 02-01-2010, 01:40 PM

1,474 posts, read 2,917,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Lune View Post
I'm weird, okay. I admit it, but I rather be weird than a stiff :P

As for being gay, it's totally normal. More normal than being straight even

You want to know what's not normal?? Hostess Twinkies. So addicting and yummy, it's probably a creation of Satanic magic
Great response! I am still laughing!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting