Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2010, 10:25 PM

28 posts, read 91,439 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflower_lol View Post
It's a wonder how irrelevant religious quotes and so called ''god'' thing increases depression among teens (esp. gays), isolation from their parents along with rejection, more people getting attacked by ignorant masses and suicide rates too.

We evolved from cells not a so called super being fantasy ''fairy tale''. Take away extreme religious quotes and any reference to ''adam and eve'' fairy tale and you'll have more peaceful individuals with helpful, mature parents...
Not religious...it's a FACT...and it has NOTHING to do with suicide rates, masses, etc. You are comparing apples to oranges...

Old 01-30-2010, 10:25 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,171,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellabone View Post
How do you know if OP knew about this forum 3 weeks ago?

Gee whiz...have some compassion about the situation, and offer the lady some SUPPOR. She's going through something that she has NEVER dealt with before.

Can we get back to helping OP?
whether she knew about the forum 3 weeks ago is irrelevant. The point is, she hasn't cooled off, let it sink in. Her post sounds like she just walked in on them today. She should have gained a little bit of perspective after 3 weeks. My first post was one of the most supportive on here. I do think some have been a tad hard on her, but I think she's being over dramatic too.

Old 01-30-2010, 10:27 PM

1,391 posts, read 2,646,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flguy1192 View Post
That is CORRECT! Homosexuality is wrong.
Hold on there speedy, something that deviates from what is considered 'normal' and something being outright 'wrong', is completely devoid of sound reasoning. People like you could probably use as much professional help as the OP.

Old 01-30-2010, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Not religious...it's a FACT...and it has NOTHING to do with suicide rates, masses, etc. You are comparing apples to oranges...
Adam and Eve are factual now? whatever... I'm a Christian, but even I believe in evolution. But that's off topic...

Old 01-30-2010, 10:30 PM

1,571 posts, read 2,813,488 times
Quote:
A fact on something that's not scientific and proves nothing but even further degrades the individual who is at lost of who to trust now?? Her own mother rejects her in the worst possible way, thus contradicting every loving feelings she had for her. A mother is the only person that's suppose to have unconditional love but if she fails you, then who can you trust?

Nice good on your unreal characters!!! How is that suppose to help the OP's daughter anyways?

Old 01-30-2010, 10:33 PM

9 posts, read 47,827 times
I cannot believe the hatred I am reading. I will say that my reaction and the emotions that followed have not been as supportive as they could have been. But it's as though you all are looking at this from the perspective of a blueprint - a series of arbitrary emotional stages one should go through when they are dealt a serious blow.

But you fail to remember, different people react differently.

I guarantee those of you telling me I need psychological help would be needing that and MORE if you had walked in on your child in a similar situation. Where's the compassion? The empathy? I guess I was expecting too much from you all.

Thanks for nothing.

Old 01-30-2010, 10:35 PM

28 posts, read 91,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
Adam and Eve are factual now? whatever... I'm a Christian, but even I believe in evolution. But that's off topic...
Adam and Eve are not a FACT? And you CALL yourself a Christian? I digress..

I'll agree to disagree with you, just to keep this thread on topic..

Have a good night..

Old 01-30-2010, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by montaukmadness View Post
I cannot believe the hatred I am reading. I will say that my reaction and the emotions that followed have not been as supportive as they could have been. But it's as though you all are looking at this from the perspective of a blueprint - a series of arbitrary emotional stages one should go through when they are dealt a serious blow.

I guarantee those of you telling me I need psychological help would be needing that and MORE if you had walked in on your child in a similar situation. Where's the compassion? The empathy? I guess I was expecting too much from you all.

Thanks for nothing.
I actually thought I gave some good advice in my first post. Find PFLAG and talk to your daughter. You asked for advice, but I think you were actually looking for sympathy.

Old 01-30-2010, 10:39 PM

15,864 posts, read 21,441,250 times
Quote:
Where's the compassion? The empathy? I guess I was expecting too much from you all.
Your daughter is sitting in her room right now thinking the same thing.

Old 01-30-2010, 10:47 PM

5,760 posts, read 11,546,851 times
Quote:

Thanks for nothing.
Telling you to grow-up is NOT hating you. Think how twisted things would have to be in your mind to have to think that.

You are the one who sees Hate. In yourself, your daughter, probably everywhere. It is that Hate that is killing the relationship with your daughter.

But since you asked, Mrs. Philip and I have talked and joked about all this, and our kids are just 7, 5, 2. We love them. Unconditionally. We love them straight, gay, or if they were celibate monks and nuns.

Love is not based on whether someone does something socially acceptable to you.

Suppose we may have more open minds. Mrs. Philip had "girlfriends" in college, (and that makes for bragging rights for me) and I am embarrassed to admit I had a boyfriend for a while. She is well adjusted and we are pretty much happy with each other after 8 years and the kids are fine, too.

Try Love, montauk. That Hate is going to hurt and kill you all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting