U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2010, 11:51 PM

1,677 posts, read 3,609,641 times

Advertisements

Teachers are mandated to report abuse to CPS in all states.

Original OP why didn't you enlist the help of your mother? (too late the post is old)

But:

it'sSiidenyy get a grip and start respecting the situation. So, you're not getting your way; deal with it. Crying everyday only makes the situation worse. If I knew how to contact your mother I would tell her it's time for counseling.

I despised my mother when I was 14 and blamed her for everything alas your situation is not unique. The fact that she even grounds you says she cares. Is she physically attacking you or forcing you to her will with no regard for your feelings? And to think she even lets you on the Internet because I know she hasn't read your post (time to share).

Have you talked to her and really know the situation. Kids always want to go to the other parent when they feel the parent they're living with doesn't care.

At your age you should be aware of the legal custody set by the court. Some people share custody and some don't (it's all about what the court ordered). If they don't share legal and physical custody that means he didn't fight and she holds all the legal cards. If not why hasn't your father enforced his rights. Could be he only retains visitation which means deal with it (talk to your mother or request counsel at school).

I believe your mother should be made aware of your feelings you have towards her so you both can deal with it (you "both" deserve to be happy).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2010, 08:57 AM

1,425 posts, read 3,520,891 times
Wow... what bias. When it was a child doesn't want to visit dad, it's all up to the child, refuse to go..... , when a child doesn't want to live with mom (who apparently has only regained physical custody) the child needs to suck it up. Yes I realize the OP was dealing with physical abuse and the secondary poster was dealing with depression. Both can be destructive to children as well as adults.

The OP has aged out and we may never know the resolution.

To the secondary poster... what is the custody order? What do you parents say when you try to talk to them? Have you had any communication with your father?

The thing is, there may be things you do not know, and until you ask you will not know the entire situation. Talk to your school counselor. Talk to your parents.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or