Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 11:40 AM

43,011 posts, read 107,978,502 times

Advertisements

I'm still trying to comprehend the "God given right" to free speech statement. God didn't write the Constitution.

Old 03-02-2010, 11:44 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,316,443 times
Why do you need a gender specific place to drop a deuce?

Outside of boys being disgusting mess makers, I have never seen the point of having different facilities.

Old 03-02-2010, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Outside of boys being disgusting mess makers, I have never seen the point of having different facilities.
And they wouldn't be mess makers if they sat down! There is no reason for them to stand up!

Old 03-02-2010, 12:03 PM

2,605 posts, read 4,690,042 times
Men shouldn't have to sit to urinate. I fail to see where getting rid of urinals in boy's and men's bathrooms would have anything to do with transgender people using them. A boy who thinks he's a girl was born with a penis. He knows what they look like and how they are used. What is the issue with a boy who has boy parts using the boy's bathroom?

Same with the girls.

Old 03-02-2010, 12:27 PM

1,476 posts, read 2,023,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
I'm still trying to comprehend the "God given right" to free speech statement. God didn't write the Constitution.
The Declaration of Independence is based on the principle of God given rights, if you must. For you secular folks, we do all agree on the freedom of speech, in this country, correct?

Old 03-02-2010, 12:49 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,316,443 times
Quote:
And they wouldn't be mess makers if they sat down! There is no reason for them to stand up!
You're a bit extreme, aren't you?

I'm just referencing the times I have been in boys' bathrooms in school or at our dorms. They were always filthier and stank more...I don't know the reason why.

I don't think men have to sit down to be neat about their peeing.

Old 03-02-2010, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GottaBMe View Post
The Declaration of Independence is based on the principle of God given rights, if you must.

For you secular folks, we do all agree on the freedom of speech, in this country, correct?
Of course! But it's not God given. Atheists could have envisioned and written the same constitutional rights.

Quote:
You're a bit extreme, aren't you?
Not extreme. Just pointing out fact that standing up is the reason boys are disgusting mess makers in the bathroom.

Quote:
I'm just referencing the times I have been in boys' bathrooms in school or at our dorms. They were always filthier and stank more...I don't know the reason why.
Their missing the mark is why it's filthy and stinks.

Quote:
I don't think men have to sit down to be neat about their peeing.
I see no reason for them to be messy about it when there's a neater and clearner way to do it. Society is a little backwards when it comes to this issue.

Old 03-02-2010, 02:08 PM

5,644 posts, read 13,218,711 times
Quote:
What??

Society isn't the one backwards on this issue.....

You seem to have given a whole lot of thought to the "non issue" of urinals...

From the male perspective.....we don't find anything "odd" about urinating standing up, next to each other, in troughs, or on trees for that matter....

I suppose you want men's locker rooms to have separate changing stalls as well???

Men don't care....

Old 03-02-2010, 02:11 PM

5,644 posts, read 13,218,711 times
Quote:
I'm still trying to comprehend your comment about the "weird social atmosphere in men's bathrooms"

You aren't a man....

What would you know about " the social atmosphere in men's bathrooms"

Men don't socialize in bathrooms, we don't ask our dinner companions to keep us company while we "powder our noses" either

Old 03-02-2010, 03:09 PM

1,492 posts, read 3,231,607 times
I would have loved that law when I was in elementary school. Boys would dare other boys to go into the girls toilets. The girls would all come out screaming and the group of boys outside would double over laughing. Then the poor boy who had taken the dare would be hauled up by the head master and given a couple of stroked of the cane.

Even though I really can not relate to the idea of transgender, if the 'boy' is dressing as a girl and living life as a girl then probably OK that they use the girls loo. On the other hand, I can just imagine a confused girl, living life as a boy standing at the urinal attempting to use it.

And finally, the problem with this sort of thing is the fear it generates. We have a friend who will not let her 13y.o. daughter use public restrooms and makes her wear good nites during to day as protection.
http://www.city-data.com/blogs/blog1...parenting.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.