U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-06-2010, 01:42 PM

194 posts, read 672,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
It shocks me that anyone would believe what a quack like Tenpenny writes
Have you read the book?
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2010, 01:51 PM

2,839 posts, read 6,362,492 times
Was Dr. Tenpenney always a quack, like when she was the board-certified head of the emergency department at Blanchard Valley Regional Hospital Center in Findlay, Ohio, and handed out tetanus shots like candy (her own admission)? Or did she only become a quack because she had the audacity to question the safety of vaccines? Just wondering.

Old 04-06-2010, 01:58 PM

2,527 posts, read 6,018,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skittle View Post
Have you read the book?
I don't waste my time on quackery....

I have read many, many reputable texts, journals, articles etc on immunology.

I would be more than happy to recommend some to you if you would like to truly understand the science behind vaccination....

Or you can rely on the equivalent of supermarket tabloid journalism which is what Tenpenny is selling....

Old 04-06-2010, 01:59 PM

141 posts, read 158,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimboburnsy View Post
I'm sure I don't understand your meaning. I don't yet have a daughter (and may never), but I'm irrationally and obsessively certain that if I do she will be quite a good girl during her undergraduate studies.
You'd be surprised.

Old 04-06-2010, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TouchOfWhimsy View Post
Was Dr. Tenpenney always a quack, like when she was the board-certified head of the emergency department at Blanchard Valley Regional Hospital Center in Findlay, Ohio, and handed out tetanus shots like candy (her own admission)? Or did she only become a quack because she had the audacity to question the safety of vaccines? Just wondering.
Pretty much always a quack.....

Old 04-06-2010, 02:25 PM

2,839 posts, read 6,362,492 times
Quote:
Pretty much always a quack.....
Oh, I see.

Old 04-06-2010, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TouchOfWhimsy View Post
Oh, I see.
Glad I could clear that up for you....

By the way, how does being an emergency medicine physician at the "world renowned" Blanchard Valley Regional Medical Center make one an "expert" on vaccines???

She is a washed up osteopath who is no longer board certified in emergency medicine and apparently no longer practices medicine of any kind...

Apparently she does quite well on the rubber chicken circuit spreading her falsehoods about vaccines....she apparently supports herself via her book and speaking engagements....no conflict of interest there

A quick scan of her CV shows no specialized training in immunology or infectious diseases....ever...not even a little...helps to have a "little" training in subject if you want to pass yourself off as an expert....

Nothing even remotely impressive about her CV for that matter, apparently she does have a knack for self promotion however and she has managed to touch a nerve with the more scientifically illiterate segment of the US population....

Damned lies and idiots : White Coat Underground

Old 04-06-2010, 03:29 PM

4,267 posts, read 2,867,026 times
Quote:
Glad I could clear that up for you....

By the way, how does being an emergency medicine physician at the "world renowned" Blanchard Valley Regional Medical Center make one an "expert" on vaccines???

She is a washed up osteopath who is no longer board certified in emergency medicine and apparently no longer practices medicine of any kind...

Apparently she does quite well on the rubber chicken circuit spreading her falsehoods about vaccines....she apparently supports herself via her book and speaking engagements....no conflict of interest there

A quick scan of her CV shows no specialized training in immunology or infectious diseases....ever...not even a little...helps to have a "little" training in subject if you want to pass yourself off as an expert....

Nothing even remotely impressive about her CV for that matter, apparently she does have a knack for self promotion however and she has managed to touch a nerve with the more scientifically illiterate segment of the US population....

Damned lies and idiots : White Coat Underground
So how can we trust our children's pediatricians' who have no specialized training in immunology. Are they all quacks too?

Old 04-06-2010, 10:11 PM

5,567 posts, read 7,791,835 times
Quote:
Or you can rely on the equivalent of supermarket tabloid journalism which is what Tenpenny is selling....
... and I'll wager she's making more money now selling the anti-vax than she ever earned as a board certified doctor...

Old 04-07-2010, 05:59 PM

16 posts, read 30,034 times
OH MY! I didn’t receive e-mail notification of all these 16 pages of replies on my posting until today for some reason. All I can say is some of you have too much time on your hands! Thanks to all who posted genuine help though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting