Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2010, 08:03 PM

285 posts, read 797,640 times

Advertisements

all of my 5 are vaccinated, although the last one was done delayed.

But after me getting shingles (the first time, and believe me it sucks big big time) my then 9 yr old got a mild case of cp.

at a year my 5th got the vaccine, and my then 4 yr old got cp (also mild).

so how do I feel? I know that my oldest is immuno suppressed and would hope that he would be exposed to people who are at least vulnerable to the diseases, because he just can't fight like most. So as a social responsibility, I would hope you would choose to vaccinate, and I respect a doctors practice that values my childrens health and refuses parents that don't choose to service non-vaxers
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2010, 08:00 AM

8,307 posts, read 38,699,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiaomao View Post
You'd be surprised.
Actually, I probably will be surprised if I ever have a daughter...

Of course, if you meant something else then I would like to point out that I did a tour of duty at an SEC school. Wouldn't be surprised at all (A-hole).

Old 04-11-2010, 10:55 AM

14,349 posts, read 14,161,665 times
I'm not going to read this thread because it will make me sick *lol*. I ask you to do one thing before bashing non-vaccinating families, and that is to educate yourself about this subject. I also recommend reading "Saying No To Vaccines" by Dr. Sherri J. Tenpenny. It shocks me that people believe so blindly when it comes to this subject.

.................................................. .................................................

I can find a single doctor out there somewhere who thinks apricot pit extract is an effective treatment for all forms of cancer. I see ads all the time where some doctor promotes some bizarre weight control program as a perfect diet that is "guaranteed" to result in a 50 lbs weight loss.

A book by one doctor isn't science.

Every vaccine that is approved for use by the FDA has been used in multiple, controlled, blind studies that can be replicated. Every vaccine has been shown to prevent the vast bulk of the diseases its given for with a minimum of side effects. That is science, sir, not one book by some quack who opposes vaccines.

You know when I see this kind of crap here, I wonder sometimes what has happened to this country. Maybe the schools have become so poor that a large segment of the population truly is clueless about studies, the scientific method, and statistics. That's how things are proven. Not by testimonials and not by a few crackpots who write books outside the mainstream.

There are none so blind as those who will not see the truth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting