Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2010, 10:26 AM

16 posts, read 48,995 times

Advertisements

[SIZE=3]We are looking for Dr. that respects our decision about not vaccinating for our 5 month old son. We were using a natural dr. but would like to find a dr. that takes our insurance Cigna. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks[/SIZE]

[ MODERATOR NOTE: This thread started in the COLO SPGS forum, but quickly became a general debate on the issue of vaccinating or not vaccinating children. This thread was COPIED to the Parenting forum where it may continue as needed. The original thread is still in the COLO SPGS forum, but is closed since it went way off topic in that forum. ]

Last edited by Mike from back east; 03-28-2010 at 08:19 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2010, 12:49 PM

2,221 posts, read 5,262,084 times
I don't know a single pediatrician that would sit still and allow you to put your child's health and safety in great peril without saying something every time you came in.

A distant relative took the same approach with his kids. His 17-year old son got the mumps without having ever been vaccinated.

His son is sterile now.

Old 03-24-2010, 10:28 AM

7 posts, read 28,184 times
A pediatrician will be harder to find because they are trained and licensed as dr's of medicine.... try a chiropractor. If your insurance doesn't cover chiropractors, maybe try a DO. A chiropractic office will probably be your best place for information.
I have heard of many cases of terrible side effect of vaccines, wish I had been more informed before I hearded my children through the dr's office for shots like cattle. A coworker lost her husband and father of her two young children to the side effects of a vaccine.... I am sure sterile sounds pretty good to her.
Pros and cons to both choices..... good thing we are the parents and can make informed choices for our own children. Good luck.

Old 03-24-2010, 10:36 PM

2,437 posts, read 8,162,748 times
You do have rights, but as you can see they are often not respected.

I too have some pretty specific requirements when it comes to finding the best medical care for myself and my family. Based on our scriptural precepts, we choose to accept no blood or blood products. That can present a challenge but most doctors have been very respectful of our position even if they don't agree with it. Once they realize that we have done our research and that we are not just jumping on some bandwagon they will usually be quite respectful and willing to work with us. I will be happy to tell you more about our own experiences of choosing good healthcare without jeopardizing our stand, but I would prefer to do it over DM, to avoid opening some sort of heated moral or religious debate over this.

Old 03-25-2010, 04:13 PM

1,938 posts, read 7,106,156 times
I am not sure who to recommend but I wonder if members of the Church of Scientology would have suggestions for you. Will keep searching for you though.

Old 03-25-2010, 05:37 PM

2,221 posts, read 5,262,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by froggin4colorado View Post
I am not sure who to recommend but I wonder if members of the Church of Scientology would have suggestions for you. Will keep searching for you though.
Why the Cult of Scientology? I would think the Christian Scientists would be the appropriate group to advise on how to best endanger one's kids by denying them the fruits of mankind's progress in medical science.

Old 03-25-2010, 05:40 PM

20,831 posts, read 17,011,630 times
Agreed. CS'ers are much more dangerous to their own families and children.

I do not believe that a child anywhere in the United States can begin school without being vaccinated.

Old 03-25-2010, 07:35 PM

33 posts, read 135,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
Agreed. CS'ers are much more dangerous to their own families and children.

I do not believe that a child anywhere in the United States can begin school without being vaccinated.
I think they can, if the parent says they aren't getting vaccinated for reglious reasons.

Old 03-25-2010, 09:01 PM

20,831 posts, read 17,011,630 times
I think in the past that was true.

Old 03-26-2010, 12:04 PM

17 posts, read 35,578 times
isn't this thread about helping her find a dr. not bashing her views?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting