Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2007, 11:38 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,108,186 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaJoy View Post
My granddaughter 4 years old was in bath room with me..Saw my dentures in a cup...Will they bite me?
When my granddaughter was 3 and saw my dentures in the cup she started trying to pull hers out so she could put them in there too.

When my oldest grandson was starting to get "housebroken" I would put him on the potty and when he was successful I would say; "What a big boy Joshua. You went to the bathroom just like a big boy." Well, Josh walked into the bathroom one day while I was going and said; What a big boy grama. You're a big boy." He is 21 now and he hates it when I tell that story.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2007, 10:39 AM

12 posts, read 57,603 times
When my 12yo daughter was about 3, I made some chicken teriyaki- and it had sesame seeds in it. My daughter looked at it and said "Hey, this has hamburger seeds in it!"

I guess the only time she had seem them were on top of her hamburger buns.

Old 06-11-2007, 04:30 PM

45 posts, read 147,470 times
Default when son was 4

This was right after his dad divorced me and we had to move.(he handled the divorce WONDERFUL for the most part)Anyway, we had a small kiddie pool put up next to his slippery slide and he would slide down into it.Then he was relaxing with is head on the edge of the pool(edge was blow up)he had his legs crossed at the ankles and his hands folded behind his head,with his sunglasses on and he said "This is the life". LOL!

Old 06-12-2007, 06:48 PM

232 posts, read 845,905 times
LOL, This thread is fantastic

My daughter was just learning how to speak well when I began trying to teach her what her name was, what mom's name was etc. I wanted her to be able to give a police officer some type of information should she ever become lost. My husband thought I was silly, but I was sure this was the way to go. BTW she was my first child, but my husband had child raising experience with his former wife.

I had been working with her for a while when she finally started saying my name. I was thrilled and feeling the pride of accomplishment, immediately wanted her to learn daddy's name. After a bit of coaching, I asked my daughter her name. She repeated it correctly. I asked her my name and again she replied correctly. Finally I asked her daddy's name. Without missing a beat she proudly stated, "Honey"!

My husband laughed so hard I thought he was gonna choke and I left her alone for a while.....

Old 06-12-2007, 10:05 PM

1,082 posts, read 3,779,140 times
I can remember when my son was 2 coming into the kitchen where we were having dinner and saying..."I'm stupid with you guys".... trying to sound cool
Don't know what meant exactly...but we still bust a gut when we talk about it.
MBG

Old 06-14-2007, 06:30 AM

42 posts, read 177,570 times
Default to Vesper

My daughter is 6 and still calls her dad "Honey". When she was learning to talk, she used to say "Papa" which was cute, but I guess she got used to me yelling "Honey!!!" and it stuck. Now that she's in school she refers to him as "my dad" when she talks about him, but at home he's still Honey.

Old 06-14-2007, 10:35 AM

311 posts, read 1,376,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arguy1973 View Post
My daughter got me real bad when she was 3, we were in line to pay for gas at a quick mart and in front of us, for lack of a better description two very large women. My daughter very loudly started in...fatty fatty two by four, yall cant get in my daddys door...

I wanted to hide, but there was not where to run, luckily they didnt turn around and we had a long conversation on the way home.
I did something very similar to my mom when I was that age. I was in a supermarket line behind a very large woman. I asked her "Mommy, why is that lady so fat?." She ignored me out of embarrasment, so I grabbed her chin and said it louder a couple of times. Eventually the woman left and I don't think I ever got my answer.

Old 06-14-2007, 07:20 PM

232 posts, read 845,905 times
Hi all,

I have a new gem

My 6 yr old son came tip-toeing into my room this morning. I cracked open an eye and asked him what he was doing, he replied sneaking....

I asked him why he was sneaking and he replied, " I have come to steal your energy, it's all sparkley and I want it."

I just stared at him a minute, what do you say to a comment like that....

Old 06-15-2007, 07:43 AM

48 posts, read 166,540 times
My 7 year old at the time was at church. The minister was talking about being baptized. He always had the young kids come up to talk with them before they went to Sunday School. Well we live in a very small village and that day my daughter was the only kid in church so she was the only kid up there talking to the minister in front of all the people.

He was asking about if she had ever been baptized and different ways to get baptized. He said that some have even been baptized in rivers.

So my kid with all of her class and grace said.... "WITH FISH p**p".
Everyone couldn't stop laughing and he let her go off to Sunday School.

Last edited by mefeelinfroggy; 06-15-2007 at 07:44 AM.. Reason: dont want them to think it was the S word

Old 06-15-2007, 09:30 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,025,535 times
On the first day of second grade the teacher was doing roll call. When she called my son Jack's name, Jack stood up and said "Don't call me Jack - call me Jackass." He was sent to the principal's office and I was called. I had to pretend to be horrified that these bad words would come out of my little angel's mouth! So when I picked him up from school we high fived each other and I told him it's okay to call himself a Jackass at home but not at school.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting