U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2007, 12:49 PM

3,413 posts, read 7,842,175 times

Advertisements

I have dozens of funny things my son has said-----one of my favorites was one time when he was about 4. Po0P seemed to be his favorite word back then and I kept threatening to put soap in his mouth if he continued to say it. Finally I followed through- and while he was spitting and being dramatic he told me that he didn't like that "flavor" of soap.

Another good one- his heritage is irish and after the 911 attacks, there was much talk in the media and among everyone about Iraq and the things that we needed to do to that country. One day he told me that the wanted to visit Iraq someday. I was shocked and asked him why he wanted to go there. He said that he wanted to see his ancestors before we killed them all- since he was Irish he thought he came from Iraq! After I was done laughing I explained that Irish people came from Ireland. (This boy has blonde hair and blue eyes and freckles- hardly middle eastern looking!!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2007, 01:04 PM

3,581 posts, read 9,015,350 times
This one is from my sister when she was around 6 yrs old.

To set the stage.....My mother had been trying to teach us kids about appropriate conversation in different settings, what is fine for home may not be right at the table or in public. She had recently corrected my younger brother about bodily questions in front of my sister. My mother told him some subject were not proper in mixed company.

Not long after that little lecture my brother, at the dinner table, repeated a joke a neighborhood boy had told him. My sister proceeded to chastize him with the admonition "You shouldn't tell jokes like that in front of mixed up people".

Old 06-06-2007, 01:10 PM

3,434 posts, read 8,802,633 times
My daughter got me real bad when she was 3, we were in line to pay for gas at a quick mart and in front of us, for lack of a better description two very large women. My daughter very loudly started in...fatty fatty two by four, yall cant get in my daddys door...

I wanted to hide, but there was not where to run, luckily they didnt turn around and we had a long conversation on the way home.

Old 06-06-2007, 02:35 PM

550 posts, read 2,543,584 times
My 8 year old asked me very loudly at a party we were hosting "mom, where are those fake boobs you wear that stick on?" I don't embarrass very easily but turned a bit red that time.

Old 06-06-2007, 06:12 PM

7,506 posts, read 15,987,633 times
Look up the thread that Hoosier started a while back, some real funny quote in there.

Me and my 3 year old "wrestle" in the living room, throw cushions at each other and stuff, good fun. But anyway, was in the grocery store and he tells the checker lady "My daddy beats me up" she asked really ? And he said "yeah, he hits my head hard"

Luckily she kind of knows me and knows its not true.

Old 06-06-2007, 08:13 PM

1,354 posts, read 5,633,642 times
My son (age 4) recently said he knew what he wanted to be when he grows up. He told us, 'I wanna be a policeman like Daddy and lock up bad guys. I want to be a tire changer man like the man that helped mommy. I want to be a dinosaur chaser so I can catch a T-rex. I wanna be an ice cream man so I can eat lots of ice cream. I wanna be a dog walker like Spongebob and Patrick.' LOL He is so funny.

A few weeks ago we were at the high school. My hubby coaches football and I took the kids to watch practice. The kids brought our puppy. The puppy was going crazy getting attention from all the high school kids. The leash tripped my daughter (age 7) twice. She got up, was ANGRY, and said, 'That's it, send the dog to the pound. No more dogs for me.' One of the mom's was crackin up, she offered to take our dog home. My daughter did not like that idea, lol. Oh the drama!

Old 06-06-2007, 09:06 PM

3,434 posts, read 8,802,633 times
We were standing in line at church to leave one Sunday and my cousin , age 3, had just got back from the restroom. Right in front of the preacher, he said, "hey i went potty and I got a pee pee just like pappys!! But his is bigger! My uncle just shrugged his shoulders, and said, well I hope so.

Old 06-06-2007, 09:19 PM

1,131 posts, read 2,012,926 times
When my daughter was around two or three they were passing the offering plate and very loudly said to her grandfather that was the preacher at the front of the church standing behind the pulpit. There aint much soft money in this plate paw paw. ( soft money dollar bills) ( hard money coins) . I don't think I heard the sermon that day.

Old 06-06-2007, 09:43 PM

1,131 posts, read 2,012,926 times
Default oh no!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arguy1973 View Post
We were standing in line at church to leave one Sunday and my cousin , age 3, had just got back from the restroom. Right in front of the preacher, he said, "hey i went potty and I got a pee pee just like pappys!! But his is bigger! My uncle just shrugged his shoulders, and said, well I hope so.
That is to funny!! I would have lost it right then and there.!!!
My oldest granddaughter ( 9 now 3 then) was with me at church one wed. night and didn't want to go to tne nursery. She promised faithfully that she would be quite. I kept making her sit down and after a few minutes of that got up and took her out. As we went out the door I smacked her on the behind and this was the first time I had every whipped and her it broke her heart and really shocked her. she started wailing like a wild cat. so I took her to the nursery and left her. Mind you we had just started going to the First Baptist in town and didn't really know the members or the preacher to well. We had probably been there a month. I had been ask to fill in as a teacher for the adult sunday school class teacher ( the teacher had just passed away) so the next sunday morning the preacher approached me and wants to talk to me in private. Well boy I was ready I thought he was going to say something about what I did. Well he did, he said when I left her in the nursery they couldn't figure out what was wrong and kept asking her. in her loudest voice she told the elderly saintly little lady My maw maw busted my a**!!!
Little did I know that the little saint and the preachers wife were standing in the hall cracking up. I don't stutter but I did that day!!
btw I busted her mothers when I got home.

Old 06-06-2007, 09:51 PM

545 posts, read 538,425 times
My granddaughter 4 years old was in bath room with me..Saw my dentures in a cup...Will they bite me?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting