Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2010, 08:48 PM

37,102 posts, read 41,267,704 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
the link between vaccines and autism has NEVER been debunked, as you say..
The journal that printed Wakefield's article retracted it, and Wakefield lost his license to practice medicine after it came out that he had misrepresented his findings. No one else was ever able to reproduce his results, and many studies have proven that autism is no more common in vaccinated persons than unvacccinated people.

The link has been absolutely and totally debunked.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2010, 09:04 PM

Quote:
more children are damadged from vaccines than will ever get the deseases they're vaccinated for..SSSOOOO sad, I'll take my chance with an extemely rare desease , rather than be injected with toxix poisens that although maybe not immediately, will harm my immune system, and could easily be responsible for my developing all manner of auto-immune diseases, cancers, and neurological damadge..
You are welcome to your personal fears about "toxix poisens" and "damadge" from vaccines, but if we stop vaccinating, that "extemely rare desease" you want to take chances with will no longer be the least bit rare.

The risks of vaccines are vanishingly small compared to the risks of the infections that vaccines prevent.

What evidence do you have that any vaccine causes cancer?

Old 11-25-2010, 06:50 AM

13,250 posts, read 42,783,686 times
I've seen studies proving that vaccines can not only improve spelling, but it can also improve the brain function responsible for deciding whether or not to use a spellchecker.

Old 11-25-2010, 07:17 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,563,875 times
Quote:
I'll take my chance with an extemely rare desease
Do you not realize that these diseases are rare in the US because of herd immunity? The reason for herd immunity is because other people vaccinate their children. These diseases however are not rare globally, and thinking that these diseases will never become an issue in the US again is foolish. The more people who do not immunize, the more likely we will see these diseases re-emerge. Pertussis is a good example.

Old 11-25-2010, 08:22 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Do you not realize that these diseases are rare in the US because of herd immunity? The reason for herd immunity is because other people vaccinate their children. These diseases however are not rare globally, and thinking that these diseases will never become an issue in the US again is foolish. The more people who do not immunize, the more likely we will see these diseases re-emerge. Pertussis is a good example.
Pertussis is a good example, ditto diphtheria, which resurged in Russia during the collapse of the Soviet Union. Apparently part of the problem was too many people waiving vaccine due to false contraindications.

Diphtheria in the Former Soviet Union: Reemergence of a Pandemic Disease

Old 11-30-2010, 09:02 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,281,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
I've seen studies proving that vaccines can not only improve spelling, but it can also improve the brain function responsible for deciding whether or not to use a spellchecker.
Yeh, and that's probably all they can do for you!!! Diseases and Vaccines - National Vaccine Information Center

Old 11-30-2010, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Yeh, and that's probably all they can do for you!!! Diseases and Vaccines - National Vaccine Information Center

MMS: Error

"conclusions
These results do not support a causal relation between childhood vaccination and type 1 diabetes."

Childhood Vaccinations, Vaccination Timing, and Risk of Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus -- DeStefano et al. 108 (6): e112 -- Pediatrics Childhood Vaccinations, Vaccination Timing, and Risk of Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus -- DeStefano et al. 108 (6): e112 -- Pediatrics

"Conclusions. In this large, population-based, case-control study, we did not find an increased risk of type 1 diabetes associated with any of the routinely recommended childhood vaccines. Our study adds to previous research by providing data on newer vaccines, including hepatitis B, acellular pertussis,and varicella vaccines. For the older vaccines, our results are generally in agreement with previous studies in not finding any increased risks. Ours is the first epidemiologic study to evaluate the possibility that timing of vaccination is related to risk of clinical diabetes in children. Our results on hepatitis B vaccine do not support the hypothesis; risk of type 1 diabetes was not different between infants vaccinated at birth and those who received their first vaccination later in life. The results of our study and the preponderance of epidemiologic evidence do not support an association between any of the recommended childhood vaccines and an increased risk of type 1 diabetes. Suggestions that diabetes risk in humans may be altered by changes in the timing of vaccinations also are unfounded."

Old 12-01-2010, 05:59 AM

196 posts, read 208,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heydade View Post
Title pretty much sums it up. My son got his 1st HEP B vaccine a few weeks ago...I did some research and decided against it. I wish I had read up on it before. Anyhow, as you may know, the HEP B vaccine is a 3-shot vaccine given over the course of 3 months. Since he already got the 1st dose, is it safe to abandon it at this point ?

Thanks
Vaccines are safe & they work. I'd think you'd rather get the next 2 shots than have to explain to your son why he has HEP-B a few years down the road.

Old 12-27-2010, 02:49 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,281,755 times
The Dangers of a Hepatitis B Vaccination for Your Baby - Associated Content from Yahoo! - associatedcontent.com

Old 12-27-2010, 05:05 PM

And yet another BLOG link! This one is 4 years old and the allegations in it have already been refuted.The author does not give her full name. Her credentials are "wife, mama, student" and she does not understand the concept of a paragraph, much less the vaccine she is writing about.

Can you find even ONE scientific link to prove your concerns about vaccinating for hepatitis are valid?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting