U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2007, 09:46 PM
MB2

3,496 posts, read 8,562,567 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoe View Post
My first baby turned 15 on the second. I am so proud of him. He is 6 feet, athletic build, football player, aspiring weight trainer (we bought him his first bench set for present.) and the most gentle personality a mother could hope for. I am so proud of him every time we go out together and love him with every fiber of my being.

Well....I have been noticing how older woman are looking at my son. They stare at him in a "I want to take you and devour you" way. I know that sounds awful but I am a woman and know what desire looks and feels like! I am glad my son is that handsome but wish these women would have enough class to look at him in a not so obvious way. I am only 5 feet but we look a lot alike so there can be no mistake I am related to him in some way.

I had a woman at football who came up to me more than once saying "your son is so handsome, he must have tons of girlfriends. I wish I was a teen so I could have a chance......" Well, what the heck am I to say to that? All I could think was "keep your damn hands off of him".

I had another lady who came up and asked me how I got such a young boyfriend. I snapped that he was my son. She turned red and walked away.

I feel like I am in a desperate houswives situation here and have to protect my son from them. It's crazy!! No one told me this may be a weird issue I have to deal with and no books ever warned me of this! He is also noticing some of the looks women give him and asks me if I have ever looked at a teen like that. THANKS LADIES for making me have to even discuss this with my baby!!!!!!

There is literally never a dull or boring moment when raising kids. Who knows what I will have to explain to him next!!

Huh....."lucy, you've got some 'xplainin to do"...lol
Skoe, there will be so many more things in your mom - son life, that need explanations. I know.....*sigh*
I had pretty much the same dilemma (my son is 17).
Just about 3 weeks ago, he informed me, that he is "no longer a virgin"......has a steady girlfriend now, and she's a bit older.
His best friend , however, also spend a hot first night with.....his FORMER BABYSITTER!!!!!!
Glad, my sons is a bit closer to his age, but I still have to get over the sex part. *sniffle*....my son had sex ....he's growing up......(only physically, BTW!!! Because sometimes he still does stupid stuff a 12 year old would do!)
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2009, 11:35 AM

2 posts, read 6,392 times
I would look up examples of older women who took advantage of teenagers, there were a few teachers that became notorious doing this. And ruined the kid's life. I have exactly the same situation, my 15 year old is tall and handsome and really sweet. I went onto this blog to see what others have done. I have seen a bunch of comments about being glad that some other woman thought he was your boyfriend, nice but not addressing the problem. So I am going to look up these scenarios. I am going to tell him how women can take advantage of him ( young ones as well as older ones ) but the worst thing is if she got pregnant. It would be bad if the girl were his age but I think a nightmare if it were an older woman. I'd like to hear from moms about real experiences. My friend's 19 yr old son caught the eye of a 28 yr old woman who was living with an abusive drunk, she got him to take her on errands and even brought some of her stuff into their house. The mother was in a quandary about what to do and I said, "What if this abusive man thinks something is going on between them?", and surmised that she was using the boy to get his attention "See, I can get a young guy so you better quit abusing me". I suggested that th mom threaten the woman and dump her stuff in front of her house. She finally got the courage to do it and the woman never came back to bother the boy. Sounds overprotective of a 19 yr old but they are still thinking with their pants AND he was still living at home with a 7 year old brother.

Old 06-29-2009, 01:01 PM

25,907 posts, read 34,966,446 times
Eww. If I caught a grown man eyeing my daughter, he'd get an earful at the very least. I know she sure doesn't look 13, so a sharp, "Hey, she's underage" will probably suffice. The same will be true for my son.

Old 06-29-2009, 01:13 PM

1,636 posts, read 3,653,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Eww. If I caught a grown man eyeing my daughter, he'd get an earful at the very least. I know she sure doesn't look 13, so a sharp, "Hey, she's underage" will probably suffice. The same will be true for my son.

Agreed. Can't rep you again yet. It goes both ways. Either way the adult is perverted if he/she knows the age of the CHILD and it's plain rude and rather disgusting to make comments ESPECIALLY to/around the parent!!!

Haven't had a chance to check out the whole thread but I'm pretty sure a certain someone will disagree with this. It seems he finds it acceptable for children to date/have sex with adults.

Old 06-29-2009, 02:35 PM

8,309 posts, read 33,322,966 times
Quote:
My first baby turned 15 on the second. I am so proud of him. He is 6 feet, athletic build, football player, aspiring weight trainer (we bought him his first bench set for present.) and the most gentle personality a mother could hope for. I am so proud of him every time we go out together and love him with every fiber of my being.

Well....I have been noticing how older woman are looking at my son. They stare at him in a "I want to take you and devour you" way. I know that sounds awful but I am a woman and know what desire looks and feels like! I am glad my son is that handsome but wish these women would have enough class to look at him in a not so obvious way. I am only 5 feet but we look a lot alike so there can be no mistake I am related to him in some way.

I had a woman at football who came up to me more than once saying "your son is so handsome, he must have tons of girlfriends. I wish I was a teen so I could have a chance......" Well, what the heck am I to say to that? All I could think was "keep your damn hands off of him".

I had another lady who came up and asked me how I got such a young boyfriend. I snapped that he was my son. She turned red and walked away.

I feel like I am in a desperate houswives situation here and have to protect my son from them. It's crazy!! No one told me this may be a weird issue I have to deal with and no books ever warned me of this! He is also noticing some of the looks women give him and asks me if I have ever looked at a teen like that. THANKS LADIES for making me have to even discuss this with my baby!!!!!!

There is literally never a dull or boring moment when raising kids. Who knows what I will have to explain to him next!!
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!

That poor, poor young man. It must be terrible to be a teenager and have all that sex appeal.

I would count your blessings. It's much better to be the mother of a son who is worried about one tallywacker than to be the father of a daughter who is worried about all of them.

Old 06-29-2009, 02:49 PM

1,122 posts, read 1,966,797 times
I just had a memory pop into my head. I have a friend with gorgeous children. My friend is old enough to be my mother...so her kids are my own age. When showing us pictures of her kids, they would talk about cute things like I could relate. I finally responded that she indeed had beautiful children (generalizing the boys with the girls) and that they were such a beautiful family and that I hoped our family would grow to be as close. Later I thought about it and realized that we are just a younger version of them so it was like they were looking back when looking at our kids and just being a gushing mother. I had another mother gush about her son recently who isn't all that much younger than myself and I just went onto how I hoped my children would grow up to be like that, tried to side step the uncomfortableness of the situation.

Our society glamorizes certain physical traits and with mass media and advertising, makes us all wish we could have what we never will. Up until the 70's, the movies had the old guy getting the young girl (still do but no longer teems) and now it's going the other way where the older woman gets the younger guy. Sadly its glamorized and halfways seen as ok with some people. Its sick in my opinion. We have people who have been jealous our children are so beautiful (heard about a dream one woman had where she killed my daughter and myself when seeing us at the grocery store) and often will have men looking at our daughter then comment that we will have to really keep our eye on her when she is 14. It is a bit weird cause she's my little girl but I tell myself that I notice when kids are cute myself. I do my best to take it as a compliment and leave it at that. If they try to get too close or do or say something that I would not do personally, then I get weirded out.

I worry though because my husband was a looker (did I say was?! opps, is...) but really got a lot of attention when he was a teen by women and girls of all ages. A couple of years ago he had a couple of teen girls giggling about him and he blushed not knowing what to do. It was just weird and uncomfortable for him. But as a teen, he had friends mothers who would gush over him about his eyelashes or smile or whatever and he would "gosh" and blush about it. He looked older than he was...started puberty at age 8...and had to contend with that once in a while. I worry about the same thing happening with our own kids.

Remember though, I doubt your son will have to worry about having to fight one of these women off. He's more than strong enough and more than use to it with those girls his age. I would keep an eye on the wierd women and try to keep your son away from them so they aren't pawing him. (I've seen women who do the old, squeeze the arm when passing by, hugs that last too long, squishing in with the kids on the couch.) Could lead to a very uncomfortable situation for him. Teach him the skills to deal with woman like you'd said. You're concerned so that is already more than some parents. Good for you. Keep it up and in a few more years you'll have a man ready to face the world with the skills you're given him.

Old 06-29-2009, 03:53 PM

1,532 posts, read 2,289,385 times
I have that problem with my daughter - - - - and she is only ten!! My MIL went to the store with her and when they got back she took me aside and said "Do you realize that your daughter stops people in their tracks?" She then proceeds to tell me how many guys stopped what they were doing to stare at my daughter - - - - it's actually kind of scary! She is just a normal ten year old that happens to be very pretty - I mean she is not over developed or anything that may draw more attention to her.

One of the guys at my dh's work asked him the other day if he had a shotgun, so my dh starts talking about guns - - - - then the guy says "No - you're going to need it for your daughter" - - - I am not so sure I am looking forward to this!

Old 06-29-2009, 06:13 PM

1,091 posts, read 3,232,663 times
Quote:

I've been dealing with this since my son was 14 or 15.
He's 17 now, but he's not the angel your son is. His current girlfriend is 20.
It sucks, but what can I do? It's his life.

He is a strikingly beautiful boy/man, for all his faults, and I take some pride in it, and some credit (he looks a lot like me).

Old 06-30-2009, 03:45 AM

2,539 posts, read 8,563,766 times
My husband has told me about this scary older woman that used to work for his parents (they own a retail store) that used to say things like "I wanna be your first!!" and such to him when he was 13 or so... bwahahahahaha

Old 07-01-2009, 08:26 PM

11,626 posts, read 17,035,814 times
Quote:

My son is only 3 and he is very handsome.Not in a little child kind of way. Every single day people come and say
" your son is sooo handsome"
"what a hart breaker he will be"
"do you realize that women pay big money for eye lashes like yours"
"thats a very good looking boy you got there"
"your boy should be a child model"

I mean, he really is handsome and I just don't say that because I am his mother. When he grows up I am sure he will receive the same attention as your son.
Have a talk with him about it. He must be aware of the attention and he probably are tiered of it. If older women check him out can you then imagine his peers. When I was in jr high I remember this guy that looked like a taller version of a young Tom cruse. Every girl in that school had a crush on him. I have seen pictures of him today and he is just handsome as can be.
Just be happy your son is so handsome.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or