U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2009, 09:10 AM

2,542 posts, read 5,822,323 times

Advertisements

For the mothers of young, overly-cute boys: don't worry, most likely the comments will drop off greatly come grade school time (well, until the teen years, as skoe has shown). When my first was born, it felt like we couldn't walk ten feet without someone gushing over him. I would say the comments kept coming in strong until he was around 3 or 4, then they started tapering off. (Seriously, it got tiredsome sometimes.) Not that he became ugly, it is just that his baby features were developing into boyhood. No they see him coming, and I swear 75% of people don't care what he would look like, they just think "Oh know! Little boys! Yikes!" LOL (I have two boys now).

Back to the OP, if I were the mother, I tell him as often as possible that a boy doesn't want girls that spread rumors about others to get him or older women who go chase him because the only thing they want is to use him as a trophy. There are plenty of girls out there that will want to date him because they think he is cute and because they like who he is.

Is his dad or other father figure talking to him too?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2009, 10:45 PM

3,633 posts, read 4,253,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoe View Post
My first baby turned 15 on the second. I am so proud of him. He is 6 feet, athletic build, football player, aspiring weight trainer (we bought him his first bench set for present.) and the most gentle personality a mother could hope for. I am so proud of him every time we go out together and love him with every fiber of my being.

Well....I have been noticing how older woman are looking at my son. They stare at him in a "I want to take you and devour you" way. I know that sounds awful but I am a woman and know what desire looks and feels like! I am glad my son is that handsome but wish these women would have enough class to look at him in a not so obvious way. I am only 5 feet but we look a lot alike so there can be no mistake I am related to him in some way.

I had a woman at football who came up to me more than once saying "your son is so handsome, he must have tons of girlfriends. I wish I was a teen so I could have a chance......" Well, what the heck am I to say to that? All I could think was "keep your damn hands off of him".

I had another lady who came up and asked me how I got such a young boyfriend. I snapped that he was my son. She turned red and walked away.

I feel like I am in a desperate houswives situation here and have to protect my son from them. It's crazy!! No one told me this may be a weird issue I have to deal with and no books ever warned me of this! He is also noticing some of the looks women give him and asks me if I have ever looked at a teen like that. THANKS LADIES for making me have to even discuss this with my baby!!!!!!

There is literally never a dull or boring moment when raising kids. Who knows what I will have to explain to him next!!
my opinion: explain to him that it's inappropriate...
state the same to them (reflecting the degree of politeness to their behavior)...

"younger men" is one thing-- a 15-yr-old is a kid

Old 07-03-2009, 12:27 PM

420 posts, read 297,344 times
The OP doesn't like older women looking at her son because she feels she will be replaced.

The OP is jealous.

Old 07-03-2009, 01:14 PM

13,374 posts, read 40,164,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig121 View Post
The OP doesn't like older women looking at her son because she feels she will be replaced.
heh
I definitely had that happen with future MIL when I began dating my now-husband.
But that's neither here nor there.
I had skoe's situation happen when my older son was about 12-13. I know how you feel, it's a bit strange.
Women gazed, girls his age came over to our house to knock on his window at 4am, there were many, many 2am phone calls.
I had a fairly blunt talk with the kid about self-respect, safe sex and stds etc.
Maybe it was too blunt, but my husband was too shy and somebody had to do it.
As he and his friends got older, it became a secondary issue; we had new things to worry about, like driving, parties, getting into college.
He's now doing well, almost 26, has a girlfriend that a year older than he is, but certainly not cougar material.

Old 07-03-2009, 07:51 PM
LML

7,109 posts, read 7,920,707 times
Ask these women if they have a daughter (or better yet granddaughter) your son's age that they want to introduce to him. That ought to put them in their place. And I'd tell my son that if older women come on to him to just ask himself how he'd feel if his mother acted that way to his friends. That will make him think of you every time an older woman comes near him and will certainly kill any thought of romance in his mind.

Old 07-04-2009, 09:51 AM

8,780 posts, read 16,248,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
That will make him think of you every time an older woman comes near him and will certainly kill any thought of romance in his mind.
Many young boys start out with an attraction to their mother, but move on from that when they get to school. But, how do you know that the OP isn't the model "MILF"??? I'm sure she contributed quite a bit to her son's reputed handsomeness.

Old 07-04-2009, 05:41 PM

420 posts, read 297,344 times
An attraction to the mother! Like Sigmund Freud said: "Every boy wants to **** his mother".

Old 07-04-2009, 05:56 PM
JL

7,312 posts, read 11,480,745 times
An older attractive woman can be very persuasive. They've been around a while to 'work' a man much less a young boy. At 15, his hormones are ragin' right now. All i can say, the OP just needs to keep her son in line.

Old 07-04-2009, 06:05 PM

8,309 posts, read 33,343,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyme4878 View Post
Back to the OP, if I were the mother, I tell him as often as possible that a boy doesn't want girls that spread rumors about others to get him or older women who go chase him because the only thing they want is to use him as a trophy. There are plenty of girls out there that will want to date him because they think he is cute and because they like who he is.

Is his dad or other father figure talking to him too?
You know, when I was 15 this may have seemed like a bit of a dare...

I would have said "You're right mom. There are plenty of girls out there that would date me for the right reasons."

And I would have thought "But being a trophy is very, very intriguing...

Old 07-07-2009, 12:13 AM

12,715 posts, read 11,194,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoe View Post
Well....I have been noticing how older woman are looking at my son. They stare at him in a "I want to take you and devour you" way. I know that sounds awful but I am a woman and know what desire looks and feels like!
Consider him lucky and make sure he knows a lot about prophylaxis and birth control.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or