U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2009, 02:11 PM

12,256 posts, read 15,793,420 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
Ask these women if they have a daughter (or better yet granddaughter) your son's age that they want to introduce to him. That ought to put them in their place. And I'd tell my son that if older women come on to him to just ask himself how he'd feel if his mother acted that way to his friends. That will make him think of you every time an older woman comes near him and will certainly kill any thought of romance in his mind.
LOL I said that exact thing to one of my neighbors less than a week ago. I have two male cousins (18 & 16) and they're pretty good looking kids - if they weren't my cousins and I was 10 years younger no I'm just kidding. But anyway we had just come home from the beach and the 16 year old was shaking sand out of the towels and she said something like "look at you and your six pack - I bet you have all those little high school girls walking around moist" what the hell kinda comment is that to say to a kid? My bf and the boys of course thought it was the most hilarious thing they'd ever heard but I quickly replied "don't worry; I'll make sure he wears a shirt when your daughter's around - unless you're ready to be a Grandma"

For some reason no one laughed with me though
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2009, 09:15 PM

12,715 posts, read 11,194,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
But anyway we had just come home from the beach and the 16 year old was shaking sand out of the towels and she said something like "look at you and your six pack - I bet you have all those little high school girls walking around moist" what the hell kinda comment is that to say to a kid?
A realistic one?

Old 07-12-2009, 09:35 PM

1,636 posts, read 3,655,716 times
Quote:
LOL I said that exact thing to one of my neighbors less than a week ago. I have two male cousins (18 & 16) and they're pretty good looking kids - if they weren't my cousins and I was 10 years younger no I'm just kidding. But anyway we had just come home from the beach and the 16 year old was shaking sand out of the towels and she said something like "look at you and your six pack - I bet you have all those little high school girls walking around moist" what the hell kinda comment is that to say to a kid? My bf and the boys of course thought it was the most hilarious thing they'd ever heard but I quickly replied "don't worry; I'll make sure he wears a shirt when your daughter's around - unless you're ready to be a Grandma"

For some reason no one laughed with me though

The fact that she said "little" and "girls" makes it perverted and uncalled for.

Realistic? Yea, ok

Old 07-12-2009, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miasmommy View Post
The fact that she said "little" and "girls" makes it perverted and uncalled for.
If they are in high school, they get moist. As Lenny Bruce put it, if you think the way the human body works is perverted, take it up with the manufacturer.

Old 07-12-2009, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
If they are in high school, they get moist. As Lenny Bruce put it, if you think the way the human body works is perverted, take it up with the manufacturer.
It's not the bodily functions that made it inappropriate; it's inappropriate for an adult to exchange sexual innuendo with a teenager. People always laugh when it's a boy but if a 40 year old man told a 16 year old girl "I bet you give all the little high school boys hard ons" then people would run to the internet making sure he's not a registered offender.

It's funny - I forgot about this thread but on the relationships forum I posted a thread about my friend who recently discovered her 16 year old son is sleeping with her 28 year old neighbor.
Young boy/older woman

Old 07-12-2009, 10:22 PM

Quote:
It's not the bodily functions that made it inappropriate; it's inappropriate for an adult to exchange sexual innuendo with a teenager. People always laugh when it's a boy but if a 40 year old man told a 16 year old girl "I bet you give all the little high school boys hard ons" then people would run to the internet making sure he's not a registered offender.
I agree that that's a double standard. I just don't agree with your premise. Both should be treated as equally funny, not equally harmful.

Quote:
It's funny - I forgot about this thread but on the relationships forum I posted a thread about my friend who recently discovered her 16 year old son is sleeping with her 28 year old neighbor.
Good for them. BTW I didn't read through all 11 pages of the thread, but the age of consent in New Jersey is 16 so your friend's neighbor is probably in the clear, as she should be.

Old 07-12-2009, 10:39 PM

Quote:
I agree that that's a double standard. I just don't agree with your premise. Both should be treated as equally funny, not equally harmful.
I didn't think either was funny. I was offended (and a little grossed out) that she said that to him. When I see an attractive kid, I think "he's a good looking kid" but my mind doesn't wander to how little girls his age are running around with wet panties...I just don't see how that's a normal connection and if it is I don't know why a sane person would say that aloud.

Quote:
Good for them. BTW I didn't read through all 11 pages of the thread, but the age of consent in New Jersey is 16 so your friend's neighbor is probably in the clear, as she should be.
Friend doesn't live in NJ - she lives in LA. Not sure what the age of consent is there but it doesn't matter since they decided not to go the legal route. It got out around the neighborhood fairly quickly though so I'm sure it's not a beautiful day for that neighbor

Old 07-12-2009, 10:44 PM

Quote:
I didn't think either was funny. I was offended (and a little grossed out) that she said that to him. When I see an attractive kid, I think "he's a good looking kid"
At 16, he has been capable of fathering children for several years already. I think your classification of him as a 'kid' in this context is what's inapt.

Old 07-12-2009, 10:56 PM

Quote:
At 16, he has been capable of fathering children for several years already. I think your classification of him as a 'kid' in this context is what's inapt.
Well to me a 16 year old is a kid. I don't think it's okay to start looking at children in a sexual way just because they're able to reproduce.

Old 07-13-2009, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Well to me a 16 year old is a kid. I don't think it's okay to start looking at children in a sexual way just because they're able to reproduce.
Well, either you or a million years of evolution is wrong. I wonder which it is?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or